The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlie_rhia_x
has anyone heard from Birmingham or Nottingham for English yet?

Someone in my school got an unconditional offer to do English at Nottingham.:smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
So the 2017 UCAS cycle is now on us! At the moment a lot of us are in the middle of having a mental breakdown of how hard Year 13 is, writing our personal statements, pestering/bribing our teachers for our predicted grades and some of us are just weeks away from sending our applications off!:biggrin:

^Current mood

Which universities do you know of that are making offers the quickest this year (for your course and/or in general)?

Opening UCAS and seeing you got an offer like ^

Or do you know of any universities that are really taking their time with their offers and causing a mini panic ?

What life feels like when you have all your offers apart from that one uni you really want to go to ^

List of unis giving offers down below!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for le inspiration @thecatwithnohat

What a great help by putting the list of universities! Thanks so much :smile:

However I don't think us aspiring medics will hear anything until December, and that would only be for interview!
Original post by cindylol
Someone in my school got an unconditional offer to do English at Nottingham.:smile:

When did they send off their application?
Original post by iman305
I hope so, it's so sad to watch everyone at my school get offers lol while I'm sitting here with none, I guess law offers take longer too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have patience - the offers will come eventually! When I applied I had to wait till December to get my first invitation to interview never mind an offer! Other interviews followed for Jan then Feb then March (the joys of applying for a health care course lol).

It's hard when your pals get offers without interview etc but you will get there in the end! In truth all Y13 was waiting for the next deadline - apply, wait for offers, reply to offers, exams, wait for results, wait for ucas to update, await confirmation from the uni and on and on it goes.

Try to relax - it will happen for you soon enough. Good luck
Hi!! I'm applying to do Law at the following universities:

University of Leeds
University of Sheffield
University of East Anglia
University of Birmingham
Queen Mary, University of London

Does anyone know how long these universities take to reply?!!! I'm soooo anxious!!!!
Reply 825
Just applied for English Lit in Durham, Cambridge, Nottingham, Exeter (applied with study abroad in America) and Warwick!
Original post by iman305
Does oxf send acknowledgement emails? I hope I haven't messed up, or its cause I haven't taken my LNAT yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got one last night. Nothing specific, just acknowledgement of your college choice and your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beccaaaaaaaaa
PPE at University College :smile: so many of my friends are getting offers from various uni's and I'm still waiting ...:groovy:

Ikr! I'm a little anxious since it seems like the interviews are a long way away, but they are in less than two months! Sh*t. I sincerely wish you the best of luck. Let us know if you get an interview! It'd be nice if some of us meet up in Oxford during interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJP98
Just applied for English Lit in Durham, Cambridge, Nottingham, Exeter (applied with study abroad in America) and Warwick!

I can't believe we have 3 choices in common! Hopefully see you at Cambridge, Durham or Exeter!
Original post by JellyfishThunder
Yeah, I got one last night. Nothing specific, just acknowledgement of your college choice and your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wtf i havent got one? i have my lnat on saturday so maybe they only consider my app after ive done that too? so stressful omg
If you've sent away everything can you make any changes to your choices? Pretty sure the answers no but I've had a change of heart :angry:
Reply 831
What are you applying for?
Original post by dorababy1995
I can't believe we have 3 choices in common! Hopefully see you at Cambridge, Durham or Exeter!
Original post by AJP98
What are you applying for?

I can see your question now! English! :smile:))
(edited 7 years ago)
UCAS HAS BEEN SUBMITTED EEEEK

And so the waiting begins...
has anyone heard from Birmingham or Nottingham for English yet?

Apparently this was fate, I just got an unconditional from Birmingham
Original post by Lauren1498x
If you've sent away everything can you make any changes to your choices? Pretty sure the answers no but I've had a change of heart :angry:

I'm pretty sure you can on Track, there's a limited time period though
I'll update this comment as I get replies from unis. Unis in order of preference.
Date Applied: 10/10/16

Oxford (MPhys Physics) | Date of Reply: TBD | Reply: TBD
UCL (BSc Physics) | Date of Reply: TBD | Reply: TBD
Bristol (BSc Physics) | Date of Reply: TBD | Reply: TBD
Manchester (BSc Physics) | Date of Reply: TBD | Reply: TBD
Leeds (BSc Physics) | Date of Reply: TBD | Reply: TBD
Original post by AJP98

Let me know when you get an offer from Nottingham!
I'm pretty sure you can on Track, there's a limited time period though

Can you change the personal statement? I don't think you can? I'd only do it if I could change that too
Original post by Lauren1498x
Can you change the personal statement? I don't think you can? I'd only do it if I could change that too

No, I don't think so.

Latest

Trending

Trending