The Student Room Group

This guy likes me and I don't like him back.

So there is this guy who likes me, he has told all my friends he likes me (but not me:/) and he makes it so obvious that it makes me cringe. I feel like i'm leading him on all the time by just being nice to him.

He is so overly nice to every girl too and it's just cringe-worthy.
The thing is, I don't like him back...

He is following me around everywhere like a lost dog. help. :colonhash:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Be blunt, tell him to piss off.

It's the best way I'm afraid.
Unfortunately, the best thing you can do is tell him. The longer you let it go on, the bigger chance he'll think he has, and the more you'll hurt him when you break it to him. Best for both of you to put the brakes on asap.
Just tell him. Maybe you've given him the wrong impression unintentionally.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Be blunt, tell him to piss off.

It's the best way I'm afraid.

Ugh but he doesn't get it, I've tried. Maybe I'm too subtle. : (

Ugh everytime I see his message pop up it makes me my stomach drop (in a bad way).

What annoys me most is he pretends to be interested in things I'm interested in, but it's just so fake. Maybe if he was genuine I could like him back, but no, I just can't, :colonhash:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Ugh everytime I see his message pop up it makes me my stomach drop (in a bad way).

What annoys me most is he pretends to be interested in things I'm interested in, but it's just so fake. Maybe if he was genuine I could like him back, but no, I just can't, :colonhash:

It literally just takes these words "I don't like you and I never will, so please leave me the **** alone."

Maybe you're just being too nice but some people need strong words for them to get the message.
So there is this guy who likes me, he has told all my friends he likes me (but not me:/) and he makes it so obvious that it makes me cringe. I feel like i'm leading him on all the time by just being nice to him.

He is so overly nice to every girl too and it's just cringe-worthy.
The thing is, I don't like him back...

He is following me around everywhere like a lost dog. help. :colonhash:

When speaking to him exaggerate that he is your "friend". After a while he'll take the hint, say it in front of your friends and have them laugh and joke about him being in the friend zone in front of him. He will take the hint as long as you don't deny it to make him feel good.
Tell him bluntly , it's not easy but the best way
Reply 8
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Unfortunately, the best thing you can do is tell him. The longer you let it go on, the bigger chance he'll think he has, and the more you'll hurt him when you break it to him. Best for both of you to put the brakes on asap.

I don't have the balls to do that, I was thinking of just blocking him on everything? I know that is ridiculous though...
Reply 9
According to Megan Trainor, you should just say no. If that doesn't work, Megan must not be the infallible bastion of relationship counselling we thought she was.

On a serious note, UWS has the right idea. As hard as it may be to purposefully hurt someone, you need to tell him to drop it because it's never going to happen.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't have the balls to do that, I was thinking of just blocking him on everything? I know that is ridiculous though...

There's no need to be overly harsh about it. Have you even considered how he'd feel? How bloody hard is it to say a sentence jesus christ
Reply 11

One of those moments in life when you decide to be a good person or a ****

Just to the thanks, you are flattered, but no thanks talk or the youve turned me into a lesbian one.
Don't take UWS's advice. There is no need to be harsh on the guy; you should be flattered that he likes you.

I understand it must be frustrating if you tried hinting, but the best you can do now is just tell him. Don't do it how UWS told you, but be firm.

Don't block him on everything, unless he does something which is inherently creepy just tell him nicely upfront and see how it goes. Don't be a *****.
Go out wiv him and see how he is
this is how supreme gentlemen are made
You should make sure everyone around you knows how you feel, including his chums, so you have back-up and a support network. Then when you tell him again 'you are not that into him' it will sink in better because the network you have formed would probably remind him. Not only that, you would have a sheild incase he turns into 'a creep.' Not to mention witnesses. Though it's best to tell him when he's on his own, but if you have already insisted 'you are not that into him', you do need that extra person with you.
I'm in the same situation and all my friends told me to never bring the topic up, try your best to avoid it when you guys are talking. If you don't want to do that and tell him straight up, let him down slowly, make it very discreet but give little signs you don't like him. Hope this helps.
If you are scared to hurt his feelings, slowly try to give him shuttle hints that you are not interested or maybe talk about others boys when he is near

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending