The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andrea7187
Thank you again :smile: what did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Government and history !
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Lauren1498x
Government and history !

That sounds interesting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andrea7187
That sounds interesting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah of all the places I've applied it looks the best course! Hope I get an offer 😆
What did you get for AS and alevel??

Original post by antigone-
Hi, I'm another offer holder like @redwhiteandbrit :smile:

Got an offer with good grades but not as amazing as some claim to have on here - in my experience it is the PS that matters!
Hey everyone
I'm applying to LSE for A&F. I got 9A's and 1B at GCSE's however at AS I got BCDE (Geography, Maths, Physics and German) I've dropped German for A2 and carrying on the other three. My PS includes two different work experience one for Finance and the other for Accounting. The finance one i did was at Chichester University. Do I have even a small chance of an Offer?? Also applying to Warwick, Surrey, Lancaster and Brunel
Thanks! :smile:
Original post by negatron
Hey everyone
I'm applying to LSE for A&F. I got 9A's and 1B at GCSE's however at AS I got BCDE (Geography, Maths, Physics and German) I've dropped German for A2 and carrying on the other three. My PS includes two different work experience one for Finance and the other for Accounting. The finance one i did was at Chichester University. Do I have even a small chance of an Offer?? Also applying to Warwick, Surrey, Lancaster and Brunel
Thanks! :smile:

What are your predictions?

Spoiler

This depends on your prediction grades though... since you might have improved a lot since last year. :smile:
I don't know my predicted grades yet but I'll be retaking some maths modules to bump up my grade as I got an A In one of the papers. Physics is linear so we have to retake all the papers from AS anyway so that'll hopefully increase my overall grade which will help me get the entry.

Original post by Fbiemad
What are your predictions?

Spoiler

This depends on your prediction grades though... since you might have improved a lot since last year. :smile:
Who has applied for BSc Economics so far?
Original post by mk9899
International student(from US) applying for history. How soon do you typically get decisions?

Most of the decisions will be made in Feb/March 2017. Very few get decisions before then normally the very top students get early decisions. You will get a series of emails updating you on the progress. After 2 weeks you normally get the email telling you that you are being compared to your cohorts so they need a few applications before than even start reviewing applications. Good Luck
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
Guys I have applied to LSE for bsc finance with the subjects in 12th grade as English, Physics, Chemistry, Math and Computer Science. As the only subject which is mandatory for LSE is math (according to their website). Will I be having any disadvantages because of it. (In 10th grade I had economics and I scored 95% ie A* and i scored 95% for math as well)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Also applying for Bsc Finance here :smile:

You have very impressive grades for economics and mathematics ! Which I think are the two most desirable subjects for the course. You overall subject combinations also looks good to me. So I dont think it will be disadvantage for you
Thank you for the info 😉. Atlast I got a company :smile:
Original post by Fbiemad
Who has applied for BSc Economics so far?

me :colondollar:
Anyone revieved anything since filling in the UMS survey? For straight Economics in particular too?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
me :colondollar:

Also me! Where else have you applied Samantha?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by domaths
Anyone revieved anything since filling in the UMS survey? For straight Economics in particular too?

I haven't received acknowledgement yet. When did you apply?
Original post by gmahapatra
Also me! Where else have you applied Samantha?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge, UCL, Bristol and KCL, but I think I'm going to change KCL to Warwick.
I haven't received acknowledgement yet. When did you apply?

I applied on October 5th and got an acknowledgement on the 10th
Cambridge, UCL, Bristol and KCL, but I think I'm going to change KCL to Warwick.

Awesome! I'm Cambridge, UCL, Warwick and Durham :smile: what college at Cam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just sent my application off! I'm applying for Law :smile:

You should change your choice quick then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending