The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3500
Original post by Leukocyte
I don't mind :biggrin: if it was food pics then HAnwar would lose it :lol:
:five:

Ok then :biggrin:
Lmao HAnwar is gonna be mad. Insha'Allah next ramadan food pics will start again :colone:
Reply 3501
Original post by Rohan187
“Islam began as a something strange and it will return to being strange, so blessed are the strangers. Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim

Not much of a poster or a "watcher" however wanted to drop this in since it gives me a reminder of what position Islam is in.
Thought it'll be nice to post. This hadith and another is one of my favourites. I feel comfort in being a stranger, and a stranger I shall be.

Salam

JazakAllah Khair :smile:
Wa'alaykum Assalaam.
“Islam began as a something strange and it will return to being strange, so blessed are the strangers. Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim

Not much of a poster or a "watcher" however wanted to drop this in since it gives me a reminder of what position Islam is in.
Thought it'll be nice to post. This hadith and another is one of my favourites. I feel comfort in being a stranger, and a stranger I shall be.

Salam

JZK for sharing it with ISOC :smile:
Walaykum asalaam

Original post by h333
Ok then :biggrin:
Lmao HAnwar is gonna be mad. Insha'Allah next ramadan food pics will start again :colone:

InshaAllah ^.^

Salam

Wa'alaykumasalaam. Jzk for the share :smile:

Awh mashaAllah and may Allah reward them. Thanks for sharing.

Ameen. Np.
Original post by h333
JZK :h: Ameen! :biggrin:

BarakAllahu Feeki.
(edited 7 years ago)
There was an anti terrorism demonstration today by Muslims in West London.
Wonder if they'll bother to give it any news coverage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparantly we don't do enough to condemn terrorism...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Apparantly we don't do enough to condemn terrorism...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently so :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3507
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt it 😐
Original post by h333
Doubt it 😐

Ik.

Posted from TSR Mobile
salams
Original post by mariam687
salams

Walaykum asalaam. You okay? :smile:
Walaykum asalaam. You okay? :smile:

Yes, I'm fine Allahamdulillah :smile: just studying business, because i got a test 2morro :/

u?
A lesson from Ashura:

The day of Ashura is a great day, a day which should instill hope in us and it is a day (if we pay close attention) that can teach us what true submission to Allah swt means.
It is a day where haq defeated oppression, a day where the one who oppressed, killed, and said:
أنا ربكم الأعلى
I'm your greatest lord and god
-met his end.
Try to envision the situation prophet Musa and his followers were in. A situation of hopelessness, utter weakness. They faced certain death, being chased by the armies of Firoun. They had nothing but their faith in Allah and his prophet. On top of that they had no where to run anymore, the chase was about to end as the sea was was ahead of them and firoun catching up behind them. In those moments we have two contrasting situations:
-A situation of hopelessness and fear, with Musa pbuh and those with him being tested greatly.
-On the opposing side we have Firoun who sees his victory within grasp, proving his godliness and getting rid of the troublesome Musa and his teachings.
In those difficult moments Musa pbuh and those with him submitted true submission to Allah swt and his will. They put all their hope and reliance upon Allah swt who did not let them down.
*TLDR: the day of Ashura should give hope that no matter how bleak things are, no matter the oppression of oppressors there is always hope in Allah when one submits to his will.
Yes, I'm fine Allahamdulillah :smile: just studying business, because i got a test 2morro :/

u?

Good to hear. Get off TSR if you have a test!
Alhamdulillah.
Good to hear. Get off TSR if you have a test!
Alhamdulillah.

multi tasking init? ahaha, im gd at that :smile:

i think.
Salams everyone. Hope you all had a good day :smile:
salams

Wasalam x

Posted from TSR Mobile
multi tasking init? ahaha, im gd at that :smile:

i think.

Ah ok. May Allah make it easy for you.