The Student Room Group

What's worse being addicted to gambling smoking or drinking

What do you guys think and why

Scroll to see replies

Original post by struggler07
What do you guys think and why

In terms of finance? Probably having to raise money to fund for a life saving treatment for something. Being homeless.. etc.
Yeah in terms of money and why do you say that
Reply 3
Drinking as you're more likely to harm others as well as yourself.
That's true
Drinking then gambling then smoking.
Drinking > Gambling > Smoking
Drinking>Smoking>Gambling

Drinking highest - Because you've specifically said alcoholic, there's a massive increase in mortality and morbidity. Also destroys relationships, jobs, finances, homes.

Smoking next - because roughly half of all smokers will die from a condition related to their habit and quitting is still difficult, despite the smoking cessation support we can now access.

Gambling last - because only the house ever wins.
Reply 8
Gambling is probably the worst, followed by drinking, followed by smoking.
Why do you say that
Original post by cooltowering
Drinking then gambling then smoking.
I thought smoking was better then drinking lol
Original post by BabyLadDarren
Drinking > Gambling > Smoking
Drinking destroys everything, smoking ain't that addictive I've gone nearly a year without a fag, gambling addicts you badly you waste money daily especially if you borrow it just makes you broke
Original post by Reality Check
Drinking>Smoking>Gambling

Drinking highest - Because you've specifically said alcoholic, there's a massive increase in mortality and morbidity. Also destroys relationships, jobs, finances, homes.

Smoking next - because roughly half of all smokers will die from a condition related to their habit and quitting is still difficult, despite the smoking cessation support we can now access.

Gambling last - because only the house ever wins.
Reply 12
Gambling is probably the worst of those

A smoking addiction is fairly easily managed, and drinking will send you to sleep most of the time in non-dangerous circumstances but a gambling addiction can rob you of an unlimited sum of money and lead you to remortgaging your house etc. in a very short space of time
Gambling makes you broke your always in the arrears, you can't stop it's like cancer
Original post by mashbbk
Gambling is probably the worst, followed by drinking, followed by smoking.
Original post by struggler07
I thought smoking was better then drinking lol

yeah i meant it in order of worst to best
Reply 15
"You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever "
That's true you know you can't quit gambling it just gets worse, I know someone who borrows money from me and gambles like £40 a day mostly at least drinking and smoking you get real enjoyment from them
Original post by Fenice
Gambling is probably the worst of those

A smoking addiction is fairly easily managed, and drinking will send you to sleep most of the time in non-dangerous circumstances but a gambling addiction can rob you of an unlimited sum of money and lead you to remortgaging your house etc. in a very short space of time
Ok
Original post by BabyLadDarren
yeah i meant it in order of worst to best
True

Original post by Glib
"You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever "
Gambling. It's the most selfish of the three. The harm you do isn't just to yourself but could put your whole family into debt, out of home, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending