The Student Room Group

Will oxford still interview me even if I don't meet all their requirements?

So I'm doing the IB and am applying for Oxford where the requirements are 38 points and 6,6,6 at higher levels.

Currently my predicted grades are 39 with 7,5,5 at higher levels.

Assuming that my personal statement is good and I write a good HAT test would I have a chance of being interviewed?

My school is very picky about predicted grades and unlike other schools they prefer to under predict grades rather than give you too high ones. I'm quite confident that I would be able to move my two higher levels German A lang lit and Physics up from a 5 to a 6 for the final exams.

I'm just sort of scared they won't even consider me due to the predictions and I won't even have a chance to go to an interview.

anyway I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation or knows any details. Otherwise applying to oxford may just be a waste.
Original post by Ben Gee

So I'm doing the IB and am applying for Oxford where the requirements are 38 points and 6,6,6 at higher levels.

Currently my predicted grades are 39 with 7,5,5 at higher levels.

Assuming that my personal statement is good and I write a good HAT test would I have a chance of being interviewed?

My school is very picky about predicted grades and unlike other schools they prefer to under predict grades rather than give you too high ones. I'm quite confident that I would be able to move my two higher levels German A lang lit and Physics up from a 5 to a 6 for the final exams.

I'm just sort of scared they won't even consider me due to the predictions and I won't even have a chance to go to an interview.

anyway I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation or knows any details. Otherwise applying to oxford may just be a waste.

Anything could happen. If you don't meet their minimum requirements they're most likely to reject you on this basis or categorise you low because you don't meet their requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending