The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Swansea this week? Not sure if its just my bad memory, but I always worry about games with them.. home or away, they just seem like one of those teams that are more likely to turn up against us, rather then bow down and take the 2-0 loss, like most of the bottom clubs.

Chelsea vs leicster + united vs liverpool.. nice chance for some rivals to drop some points.

Would love a 0-0 in the united vs liverpool game.

Man city vs everton also seems like it could be an interesting game, with everton doing great this season and city playing after their first loss.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Swansea this week? Not sure if its just my bad memory, but I always worry about games with them.. home or away, they just seem like one of those teams that are more likely to turn up against us, rather then bow down and take the 2-0 loss, like most of the bottom clubs.

Chelsea vs leicster + united vs liverpool.. nice chance for some rivals to drop some points.

Would love a 0-0 in the united vs liverpool game.

Man city vs everton also seems like it could be an interesting game, with everton doing great this season and city playing after their first loss.

I think we will do alright as we have a quick back line these days and a physical midfield. It's the type of game where Xhaka + Coquelin or Elneny would excel. Their dependence on a possession based game means they will have to commit men forward, and of course we can transition very quickly these days. They won't take many risks imo.

They concede goals pretty easily (especially now that Williams is gone) and we always score.
I am absolutely convinced that we can do with a new upgrade in CM to eventually replace Santi. I don't think Ramsey or Wilshere are good enough to take his position. I would not be bothered if we can offload Ramsey to City. We should be going for the likes of Isco or Koke.

If we upgrade on CM and get a goalscoring winger that is better than Walcott we will be a scary team. We need to be ruthless in the market.

With Wenger it is possible because we know he loves central midfielders lol.

Ramsey, for me is such a limited player. Even if he is scoring goals, his actual ability to dictate a game does not match up to the likes of Verrati, Modric. We should get goals from the frontline, we need midfielders that can actually dictate and be multi-faceted.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's incredible to think that Arsenal haven't beaten Swansea at home in the league since that game when they'd just got promoted and their keeper threw the ball to Arshavin. Wenger is usually flawless beating the relegation dross at home.
Reply 965
Original post by sr90
It's incredible to think that Arsenal haven't beaten Swansea at home in the league since that game when they'd just got promoted and their keeper threw the ball to Arshavin. Wenger is usually flawless beating the relegation dross at home.

Tbf they're not relegation dross, they're the definition of midtable
That's what I meant by bogey fixtures every season. Stoke away since 2010, Swansea at home since 2012, Southampton away for the same number of seasons, West Ham last year. I would not be one bit surprised if that Yankee dude won his first premier league match as a manager. And who knows who'll be our next bogey side
When Swansea score at the emirates, they know they will claim all three points at 5pm tonight
no posts at all on a match day? Weak..*

Good game so far - except that we continue to show the mental strength of a pubescent girl, and **** up what should be comfortable situations..

Still should see it through though. Expect a nervy start to the second half, but later on us to make it 3-1 and then kill it off.

City and spurs both drawing at the half. Dont expect either to stay that way, but theres always a chance.*

In other news.. Dont like the american managers sweater. *
The master bottlers are at it again! :lol:
Xhaka a waste of money after all innit

Wenger Out banners coming out of the closet as expected. Unsurprisingly.
Worst red card I've seen in ages. He sent him off for a trip
Also why can't we stay onside? Could been clear through at least three times if someone just held their run
Idgaf how we win these games, its all about the 3 points.

Xhaka had a nightmare and Walcott should have scored 4.
Original post by shawn_o1
Xhaka a waste of money after all innit

Wenger Out banners coming out of the closet as expected. Unsurprisingly.

Stfu you gimp, 3 points against our bogey team and others dropping points.
Original post by fallen_acorns
no posts at all on a match day? Weak..*

Good game so far - except that we continue to show the mental strength of a pubescent girl, and **** up what should be comfortable situations..

Still should see it through though. Expect a nervy start to the second half, but later on us to make it 3-1 and then kill it off.

City and spurs both drawing at the half. Dont expect either to stay that way, but theres always a chance.*

In other news.. Dont like the american managers sweater. *

Wanted to wait till the end of the game. Everyone wants us to lose and we won.
F*ck, that was nervy. Walcott is the ultimate bottler, even when paying well. Xhaka's challenge was never ever a red. Ozil's goal was beautiful.

We won in the end, which is all that matters. Level on points with City now as well.
Well how do you like it, deluded Wengerites! (Joint) Top of the league! Everyone except you guys know this will NOT be the case in May 2017, let alone after Monday night. Enjoy your 4th :colone: (besides I like this club, don't like the civil war inside it and don't care whether I feed it)
Brilliant to see us holding out.

**** off Shawn. That is all
walcott man.. jeeze the kid wants it so bad, but he just doesnt have it.*

Anyway, huge 3 points.. level with city, ahead of spurs now.

If united loose to liverpool on monday, we will be sat 6pts clear of them.

Quick Reply

Latest