The Student Room Group

Am I elligible for more money?

I am currently a student in university and I have already been payed the first instalment of my student loan. When I applied for this loan I said that I was living at home during my time at university. Since then these circumstances have changed and I am now living on campus. With my accommodation fees due to be taken I have realised that I don't have a sufficient enough amount of money to support my living costs after this payment has been taken. Now that I am living on campus would this entitle me to any more money?
Reply 1
Original post by TheJazzElliott
I am currently a student in university and I have already been payed the first instalment of my student loan. When I applied for this loan I said that I was living at home during my time at university. Since then these circumstances have changed and I am now living on campus. With my accommodation fees due to be taken I have realised that I don't have a sufficient enough amount of money to support my living costs after this payment has been taken. Now that I am living on campus would this entitle me to any more money?

Yes, but how much will depend on your household income. It's not guaranteed to be enough to cover all your extra living costs.

Call SF, explain your situation and they will set the wheels in motion to have you reassessed for the "living away from home" amount.
That's great! Any idea when the best time to call is because I can never seem to get through?
Original post by TheJazzElliott
That's great! Any idea when the best time to call is because I can never seem to get through?

open 8am til 8pm mon-fri and 9am til 4pm Saturday and Sunday

Best time to call is probably Sunday as you will get through straight away,weekdays at the moment you might be waiting a some time as it's very busy this time of year

* If your no longer wanting to be assessed based on living with your parents and instead want to be assessed as living away from home. You need to complete a change of circumstance form if your unable to change it yourself online - that's the only two ways to change this. It's currently taking 13 working days to process a change of circumstance form and if you have already been paid, once your re assessed you will receive a backdated payment with any money that your owed due to living away from home

Cheers
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply