The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just sent my applications off to Cambridge, Bristol, UCL, Warwick and Nottingham for Law. Anyone received any replies from those uni's for law?
Sent in application late last week. Received Bristol offer for EcOn this afternoon.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yup personal statement's done. Just need a reference now!

Good luck!!
Original post by Lauren1498x
Can you change the personal statement? I don't think you can? I'd only do it if I could change that too

I don't believe you can change your PS but UCAS lets you substitute one of your options in a 2 week period from the date your application was processed in Track, but only one choice.

Otherwise if it's the course you want to change you can always email the universities and ask to change which course you're considered for but keep your universities.
Just got a Maths offer from Warwick! :smile:
Original post by sdpjohnson
I don't believe you can change your PS but UCAS lets you substitute one of your options in a 2 week period from the date your application was processed in Track, but only one choice.

Otherwise if it's the course you want to change you can always email the universities and ask to change which course you're considered for but keep your universities.

I want to keep the universities but just change course but if I can't change the personal statement I'll probably end up being even less likely to get in since I'll just be applying for one subject but in my ps I'm talking about 3 so will keep everything as is if I can't make any changes to it
Original post by Rachel58
My order of preference is Cambridge, York, Birmingham, Exeter, UCL :smile:

Cambridge is my first choice too but Birmingham is my second so I'm so relieved that i got it today! Which Camb college are you applying to?
Reply 887
Sent off application yesterday for maths at Cambridge, Warwick, Bath, Bristol and Southampton! :smile: Have had acknowledgement emails from all but Bristol, will update if/when I have offers.
Original post by Lauren1498x
I want to keep the universities but just change course but if I can't change the personal statement I'll probably end up being even less likely to get in since I'll just be applying for one subject but in my ps I'm talking about 3 so will keep everything as is if I can't make any changes to it

Well if you've discussed that subject already in your personal statement then they will know you have an interest in it - it wouldn't be completely changing to a different subject altogether. They might just ask you to send them another personal statement via email.
Just got an offer from York for AAA or A*AB for English, with the other condition being getting an A in English. Was worried I wouldn't get an offer from them, so it's a relief that I have. York's most likely to be my firm choice when I get to that stage, but I suppose it depends on how much I like UEA when I go there for the Open Day on the 22nd.
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
Cambridge is my first choice too but Birmingham is my second so I'm so relieved that i got it today! Which Camb college are you applying to?

Trinity, wbu? :smile: The Birmingham lecturers were just a bit uninspiring to me - they didn't even know the standard offer! How unprepared can you be?
Trinity, wbu? :smile: The Birmingham lecturers were just a bit uninspiring to me - they didn't even know the standard offer! How unprepared can you be?

I'm applying to Trinity too! :smile: what college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course* hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gmahapatra
I'm applying to Trinity too! :smile: what college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

High five!!! :h:
History :smile: What about you? (Please, omg, don't say history, my application isn't the strongest, I want almost no one applying for Trinity History)

That sucks, I loved the English ones! And I'm applying to Queens', good luck!!
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
That sucks, I loved the English ones! And I'm applying to Queens', good luck!!

I love Queens, if I got pooled there I'd be over the moon!!! Hope you get in!!! :smile:
High five!!! :h:
History :smile: What about you? (Please, omg, don't say history, my application isn't the strongest, I want almost no one applying for Trinity History)

Hahahahaha, my application is very weak so you needn't worry. I'm applying for econ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahahaha, my application is very weak so you needn't worry. I'm applying for econ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank god - I'm sure it's not very weak if you're taking the time to apply though!
I have so much respect for Econ, it seems so difficult!!! Natural Sciences and Econ applicants are scary.
I love Queens, if I got pooled there I'd be over the moon!!! Hope you get in!!! :smile:

You too! Maybe I'll see you there or at Birmingham next year 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your UMS average?