The Student Room Group

Where was your first part-time job?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
That's awesome :smile:, did they teach you how to look scary and foreboding haha jk.

What's GAME like?

Actually I'm probably the worst invigilator. But I'm good with the candidates and fast so I guess they like that.
Game is pretty average compared to any other retail store. You do get to play any game you want that's out but that rarely happens. It's great though, I'm not one to complain. Some people don't have jobs at all.
Reply 21
KFC
A tutor :frown:
McDonald's
Original post by Rohan187
Actually I'm probably the worst invigilator. But I'm good with the candidates and fast so I guess they like that.
Game is pretty average compared to any other retail store. You do get to play any game you want that's out but that rarely happens. It's great though, I'm not one to complain. Some people don't have jobs at all.

Haha, and that's good. :smile:

That sounds pretty cool.
Original post by mkap
KFC

Original post by ikhan94
A tutor :frown:

Original post by cherryred90s
McDonald's

How was it? :smile:
Reply 26

i LOVED working there. it was so fun lol. ik everyone who worked there it was majority boys so it was a bit boisterous working there but i loved it. we had a good team.

Absolutely boring and frustrating, honestly i feel like smacking the kids, im still doing it :angry:
Original post by mkap
i LOVED working there. it was so fun lol. ik everyone who worked there it was majority boys so it was a bit boisterous working there but i loved it. we had a good team.

Cool :smile:, it's good that you enjoyed it.
Did you ever get any outright horrible customers? As I've heard a lot of horror stories from the fast-food industry. :frown:
Original post by ikhan94
Absolutely boring and frustrating, honestly i feel like smacking the kids, im still doing it :angry:

Aww, that sucks :frown:, although, what subject is it? Because, if you were trying to teach me Maths, I'd probably frustrate you, sorry lol, I'm so bad at it.
Reply 30
Sports direct during sixth form :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww, that sucks :frown:, although, what subject is it? Because, if you were trying to teach me Maths, I'd probably frustrate you, sorry lol, I'm so bad at it.

I teach everything; Maths, english and science, why how old are you, and why do you hate maths lol
Original post by ikhan94
I teach everything; Maths, english and science, why how old are you, and why do you hate maths lol

Cool :smile:

19, and I've always been bad at it, and this may sound really biased, but near enough all my maths teachers have been crap or horrible. Weirdly, I'm alright at Physics haha.
Original post by DDan123
Sports direct during sixth form :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing by the emoji, it wasn't very good?lol
Reply 34
in a really cute cafe i've been there for nearly 3 years now and its really rubbish pay but free food, drink and i love the people I work with
Cool :smile:

19, and I've always been bad at it, and this may sound really biased, but near enough all my maths teachers have been crap or horrible. Weirdly, I'm alright at Physics haha.

ahah, tbh the older kids are ok like GCSE but the younger ones like year 7 below are annoying lol
Original post by ikhan94
ahah, tbh the older kids are ok like GCSE but the younger ones like year 7 below are annoying lol

Haha I can imagine, younger kids are very annoying. :rofl:
Original post by thaliawaters
in a really cute cafe i've been there for nearly 3 years now and its really rubbish pay but free food, drink and i love the people I work with

I'm jealous, I've always wanted to work in a cafe. :tongue: Was it like in a garden centre or something?
Reply 38
I'm guessing by the emoji, it wasn't very good?lol

It wasn't awful but it wasn't that great tbh. The other employees were fun, made a few good friends. But I didn't really like my manager, and the actual job got so dull eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mine is specsavers still working there and its made me want to become an optician now

Quick Reply

Latest