The Student Room Group

I just ate meat!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Oh no don't :frown:

We all have our slip ups, I'm not innocent of that by any means! But please don't give up on being a vegetarian, I'm pretty sure you were the TSR poster who prompted me to give up meat entirely in the first place :/

What meat was it?
One of us. One of us.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
No, no and probably :frown:

There's no "probably" about it; someone else would've eaten it if you hadn't, therefore it would've been slaughtered regardless of whether you were the intended recipient of it or not.

The guilt you're feeling for eating meat is merely an illusion, behind which lies your guilt for betraying your values.

...but then again, when you really think about it, they're your values, and you're free to change them as and when you see fit.
It may not make you the most principled person on the planet, but who is? Everyone changes their stance on multiple things throughout their lives, you're not the first to do something that strives against what the believe in; being selfish is part of being human (not that I'm calling YOU selfish, merely that the action of betraying your values for the sake of personal gain can be dressed up as many things but that doesn't change what it is. Call a spade a spade and get on with life eh?).

Besides, lamb is tasty as ****, and for that reason I cannot find fault in what you did at all.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Oh no don't :frown:

We all have our slip ups, I'm not innocent of that by any means! But please don't give up on being a vegetarian, I'm pretty sure you were the TSR poster who prompted me to give up meat entirely in the first place :/

What meat was it?

Nope I won't go back to eating meat ever, as you can see the guilt is overwhelming. My 3 bites were NOT worth this guilt. :frown:

I wanted to be vegan but I consistently fail at it.
Original post by Mactotaur
Did you kill the animal yourself? Did you make it suffer? Would it still have died had you not eaten it?

Guilt doesn't enter into it.

So I presume with that attitiude you never bother to vote in any elections either then? Yes, one action makes little difference, but collective action can make a significant impact. But what would happen to collective action if every individual took the attitude that their own behaviour makes no difference?

If you're going to eat pig fine, but try and buy free roaming pig, not intensively farmed pig. It's not much different in price and so much nicer.

Pigs are one of our most intelligent creatures. If you can't see that image without picturing moreish bacon, replace it with golden retrievers :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drunk Punx
There's no "probably" about it; someone else would've eaten it if you hadn't, therefore it would've been slaughtered regardless of whether you were the intended recipient of it or not.

The guilt you're feeling for eating meat is merely an illusion, behind which lies your guilt for betraying your values.

...but then again, when you really think about it, they're your values, and you're free to change them as and when you see fit.
It may not make you the most principled person on the planet, but who is? Everyone changes their stance on multiple things throughout their lives, you're not the first to do something that strives against what the believe in; being selfish is part of being human (not that I'm calling YOU selfish, merely that the action of betraying your values for the sake of personal gain can be dressed up as many things but that doesn't change what it is. Call a spade a spade and get on with life eh?).

Besides, lamb is tasty as ****, and for that reason I cannot find fault in what you did at all.

They are my values, I know that. But that is actually the reason it makes me feel worse. Idk. Ugh. Ughhhhhhh.
Hello everyone!

Can I remind everyone to give constructive, fair and considerate advice to @TheonlyMrsHolmes instead of being abrasive or tormenting? If you have advice to offer, that's fine. Let's keep it friendly, please.

Thank youuuu!
Ethan :heart:
Nope I won't go back to eating meat ever, as you can see the guilt is overwhelming. My 3 bites were NOT worth this guilt. :frown:

I wanted to be vegan but I consistently fail at it.

I know the struggle, I relapsed a few weeks back, wouldn't life be so much easier if we hated the taste of meat? :frown:

Don't feel guilty though, from what I've seen on here you are a top veggie! :biggrin:

I know same, I feel I haven't the cooking skills to become a vegan and would probably end up too underweight. Plus I hate legumes, and I swear every vegan recipe consists of that.
Don't feel too bad about it, i mean whats done is done but atleast you know you're not gonna repeat it in the future?
Original post by Twinpeaks
I know the struggle, I relapsed a few weeks back, wouldn't life be so much easier if we hated the taste of meat? :frown:

Don't feel guilty though, from what I've seen on here you are a top veggie! :biggrin:

I know same, I feel I haven't the cooking skills to become a vegan and would probably end up too underweight. Plus I hate legumes, and I swear every vegan recipe consists of that.

Okay you seriously made me feel so much better :smile:

Thank you so much. I guess everyone can have a slip up. I wish mine didn't go like this though -__-

I don't have the cooking skills either, which is probably my main issue. :-/

But vegetarian is better than nothing right?

Thank you :smile:
I'm vegetarian.

I feel AWFUL. :frown:

It wasn't entirely an accident either.

I feel so bad.

I can feel it on my tongue.

I didn't eat a lot but :frown:

:frown:

Sometimes I think of breaking my vegetarianism simply because my urges for a nice lamb curry or a meaty lasagne seems much stronger than keeping up with this healthy, moral diet. I'm not even that passionate about animal cruelty and would only feel disappointed if I broke it because I've come this far. But then I think of you and all my urges for meat disappear knowing that my best friend and I are doing the same thing and even though her morals/values/reasons for it are stronger, we are in it together. Now that I know you have broken it, I am deeply upset and think I might just order a chicken burger.
Good, good come over to the dark side.
Original post by DanielOH
One of us. One of us.

Never!!! :u:
Original post by bluemadhatter
Sometimes I think of breaking my vegetarianism simply because my urges for a nice lamb curry or a meaty lasagne seems much stronger than keeping up with this healthy, moral diet. I'm not even that passionate about animal cruelty and would only feel disappointed if I broke it because I've come this far. But then I think of you and all my urges for meat disappear knowing that my best friend and I are doing the same thing and even though her morals/values/reasons for it are stronger, we are in it together. Now that I know you have broken it, I am deeply upset and think I might just order a chicken burger.

I actually don't know if you were trying to make me feel better or worse...it seems like the latter smh.

Okay, just think, I was vegetarian for 3+ years straight before breaking it :redface: and now I've been vegetarian for months and months so plsssss don't break it.
I actually don't know if you were trying to make me feel better or worse...it seems like the latter smh.

Okay, just think, I was vegetarian for 3+ years straight before breaking it :redface: and now I've been vegetarian for months and months so plsssss don't break it.

:toofunny:

ily :*
Original post by bluemadhatter
:toofunny:

ily :*

I don't love you. I don't love anyone.

I just love the baby lamb in my tummy :'-(
Nice to meat you.
I don't love you. I don't love anyone.

I just love the baby lamb in my tummy :'-(

Well it doesnt love you because you ate him
dont lie you know it tasted goooood
Original post by retro_turtles
Don't feel too bad about it, i mean whats done is done but atleast you know you're not gonna repeat it in the future?
lol, how ironic? XD it's all ur butcher friend's fault! :mmm: thats what u get for picking on a girl in Chemistry :rofl:

Quick Reply