The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

I've had an email from nottingham but nothing mentioning about portfolio! How come you're doing an EPQ?

I'm doing an EPQ for University of Bath as they'll offer an alternate offer. Not sure for Edinburgh but universities in general have until May to actually give you information about offers/interviews. It ranges widely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it take to get a portfolio request from Nottingham in case I make it thus far as I intend on sending UCAS this coming week and I'm going on mid terms the next and don't want a portfolio request whilst on mid terms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eRric_O
How long does it take to get a portfolio request from Nottingham in case I make it thus far as I intend on sending UCAS this coming week and I'm going on mid terms the next and don't want a portfolio request whilst on mid terms

Posted from TSR Mobile

My applicant went through Tuesday morning and i got request by 3 the same day!
Original post by JamesEvans
My applicant went through Tuesday morning and i got request by 3 the same day!

That's scary then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eRric_O
That's scary then

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know, I've been asked for 10-20 images in a variety of media for the 21st october, looks like I'm going to busy haha

also, has anyone had any experience with model making? i'd like to do one to put in my portfolio as it seemed to be rather prominent in what they were asking for
Anyone in London and free in a fortnight (Mon 24 Oct) with £15 spare might be interested in https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum-london/event-detail?id=88608
"Video games and architecture: cities in virtual worlds"
Simulating the City

London is an ever-changing city. The city’s skyline is constantly moving and societies are shifting, reflecting its adaptability to social change. Three-dimensional game cities are neither static environments nor stationary views. They are experienced through movement, action, play and immersion. In this talk, Director of the Interactive Architecture Lab (Bartlett School of Architecture), Ruairi Glynn, will be joined by Dr Diane Carr (UCL), Nic Clear (Greenwich University), Usman Haque (Umbrellium) and Bartlett School of Architecture graduate Ed Mascarenhas. This panel of experts will explore how video games can be used to investigate and enhance our concept of city and space.
Hey guys!!

How are you all doing??

Hopefully it's not too early to make this thread haha...
List where you're applying to down below and what your top choice and insurance would be if you received offers from your chosen universities!

Applied to: Bath, Cambridge, UCL, Nottingham and Oxford Brookes
First choice if received an offer: UCL/Bath
Insurance if received an offer: Oxford Brookes

Portfolios are stressful ahhhhhhh haha
i know, I've been asked for 10-20 images in a variety of media for the 21st october, looks like I'm going to busy haha

also, has anyone had any experience with model making? i'd like to do one to put in my portfolio as it seemed to be rather prominent in what they were asking for

Use cardboard, make it all white (if you're asking about architecture models)

What schools did u apply to?
Original post by starsfly
Use cardboard, make it all white (if you're asking about architecture models)

What schools did u apply to?

Ive applied to Nottingham, John Moores, Edinburgh, Manchester and Sheffield, how about yourself?

I might try and make a model then just a quick one
Ive applied to Nottingham, John Moores, Edinburgh, Manchester and Sheffield, how about yourself?

I might try and make a model then just a quick one

I've applied to Nottingham also! (I know you weren't asking me haha but I created the thread and got a notification)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSRMatt
I've applied to Nottingham also! (I know you weren't asking me haha but I created the thread and got a notification)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahhhh cool! i applied for NTU though as its my insurance choice, where else did you apply? any offers or requests yet?
ahhhh cool! i applied for NTU though as its my insurance choice, where else did you apply? any offers or requests yet?

Well, I haven't handed in my UCAS yet, but my first choice is UCL, then edinburfh, cardiff and nottinghm. Not sure thay the fifth will be though.

I also applied to Cambridge, Bath, UCL and Oxford Brookes!

I've got requests from UCL for the 'Task' and a portfolio for Nottingham!
Original post by TSRMatt
I also applied to Cambridge, Bath, UCL and Oxford Brookes!

I've got requests from UCL for the 'Task' and a portfolio for Nottingham!

How long did it take to get word from Nottingham, handed my UCAS in yesterday and applied to Nottingham too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eRric_O
How long did it take to get word from Nottingham, handed my UCAS in yesterday and applied to Nottingham too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It took a week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thinking of sending my Nottingham portfolio off on Wednesday next week

Got an offer last night from John Moores for architecture, ABB requirements
just got a portfolio request from Kent for 4th November

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got a portfolio request for Oxford Brookes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 59
Applying for Bath, Cambridge, UCL, Manchester and Edinburgh. Predicted A in Maths, A in Art, A in Chemistry and A in EPQ. Been a week since I applied, but I haven't had any offers I've just had emails about the SAQ for Cambridge and the drawing task for UCL which is in for the 25th October for me. Should I be worried about not having any offers yet? and how are you all doing with the drawing task for UCL? I'm kind of dreading it tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending