The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tomtjl
Because a Water/Dragon type would only have 1 super effective attack against it, which would be Dragon (Ice would be x1 due to the Water type). As such, the developers felt that a Water/Dragon type Pokemon in generation 1 would be too OP to deal with and would effectively make it the strongest Pokemon in the game. They changed this down the line though as more Pokemon came out that could combat it (then the introduced Fairy types, etc).

Never finished the Pokedex, not far off though. If I remember, I need 5 candy or so for both Bellsprout and Oddish and then I can evolve them both completely, can also evolve Geodude up to Golem but I was waiting for more evolutions as to not waste a lucky egg. After that I think I only had Muk and a couple of others to get the 142.

Ah I didn't realise how many types weren't effective against dragon.
Don't know if this is lucky or unlucky but I seem to be getting exclusively Exeggcute from 5k eggs lately. Never find them anywhere though and now have a good IV Exeggutor with a CP of 1779. =l
Only wanted it because of it being good against Vaporeons though given it is a grass type and the three most common pokemon I see in Gyms are Snorlax (nothing I have is really that effective against it), Vaporeon (Exxegutor should now be helpful against that) and Dragonite (My Lapras is a Dragonite bain). =D
Original post by Scienceisgood
Don't know if this is lucky or unlucky but I seem to be getting exclusively Exeggcute from 5k eggs lately. Never find them anywhere though and now have a good IV Exeggutor with a CP of 1779. =l
Only wanted it because of it being good against Vaporeons though given it is a grass type and the three most common pokemon I see in Gyms are Snorlax (nothing I have is really that effective against it), Vaporeon (Exxegutor should now be helpful against that) and Dragonite (My Lapras is a Dragonite bain). =D

If you can get a good Exeggutor with Solar Beam then you're doing well and I'd power it up. I wish I found more Exeggcutes from my 5km eggs. Keep getting crap like Psyducks, Staryus and Seels :facepalm:

I don't like the new change where stuff you see in gyms is added to your pokedex.. before I had caught everything I'd seen but now there are 5-6 more that I haven't seen.
Need to ask guys but does using incense near water (specifically the river running through Bristol city centre) spawn exclusively water type pokemon or is it random?

Since hitting level 25, I have a new incense and lure and want to try them out.
Am going in later today after I've submitted my CW because Bristol council is an idiot... (specifically the rubbish collection people...)
(edited 7 years ago)
Incense spawns the pokemon you'd normally see in that location, so if you just had incense on all the time in your house, you wouldn't eventually have a dragonite turn up if all you normally got was rattata and pidgey.
Original post by Donkey******
Incense spawns the pokemon you'd normally see in that location, so if you just had incense on all the time in your house, you wouldn't eventually have a dragonite turn up if all you normally got was rattata and pidgey.

I'd love to catch a Dragonite :frown:

Powered my 5th pokemon past CP 2000 today.

So I've got Lapras, Snorlax, Vaporeon, Gyarados and Slowbro.

Could get my Arcanine pretty close but what's the point when it has bulldoze as the move? Dragonite and Machamp were the other couple (+ Arcanine/Exegguctor) which I wanted to get to 2k :frown:

2016. 10. 10
Pokémon GO updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS
Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.

Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.

Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.

Fixed several audio issues.

Decreased the evolution animation time.

Minor fixes

Looks like the lucky egg may have just gotten better?
(edited 7 years ago)
So I start to get a little bored of the game and then something really frustrating like the one rare 10km I pick up hatches into a Jynx (I've caught about 40 ffs!) which makes me think of quitting.

Then I go have a good day like today..

Caught a Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Nidoran(M) in quick succession. Hatched a Bellsprout (needed to power my Victreebel), an Exeggute and a Lickitung! (also hatched a Tentacool and Staryu but they're ****).

I do think they need to tweak the coding with eggs unless they're happy for people to quit. Anything which you have caught/hatched loads of, the chance of hatching them should decrease. Will lead to less frustration and then people are more likely to carry on playing.
Original post by Zerforax
So I start to get a little bored of the game and then something really frustrating like the one rare 10km I pick up hatches into a Jynx (I've caught about 40 ffs!) which makes me think of quitting.

Then I go have a good day like today..

Caught a Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Nidoran(M) in quick succession. Hatched a Bellsprout (needed to power my Victreebel), an Exeggute and a Lickitung! (also hatched a Tentacool and Staryu but they're ****).

I do think they need to tweak the coding with eggs unless they're happy for people to quit. Anything which you have caught/hatched loads of, the chance of hatching them should decrease. Will lead to less frustration and then people are more likely to carry on playing.

I reckon if you get the breeder badge up, the chances of finding better eggs or to say the least, the distance required to hatch eggs should decrease by 10% for the first badge, 15% for the second badge and 25% for the third badge. This will give more of an incentive to try and hatch eggs. =l
Since the other badges have uses, why not that one?
Guys, managed to find a 564CP 82% Iv Dratini today, evolve into a Dragonaire or no?
Currently sitting on 75 Dratini candy.
I reckon if you get the breeder badge up, the chances of finding better eggs or to say the least, the distance required to hatch eggs should decrease by 10% for the first badge, 15% for the second badge and 25% for the third badge. This will give more of an incentive to try and hatch eggs. =l
Since the other badges have uses, why not that one?

Better eggs in terms of more 10km? I just think people want to find what they don't have yet. Temple run used to be a pain finding a chest to collect stuff. Eventually they realised it pissed people off too much so once you got an item, it then became less likely you'd get again.

They probably wouldn't want to reduce distances since it would make it too easy for top players?

Guys, managed to find a 564CP 82% Iv Dratini today, evolve into a Dragonaire or no?
Currently sitting on 75 Dratini candy.

I wouldn't evolve yet tbh.. If you evolve, you need another 50 candies still - how long is that going to take you? I made the mistake of evolving a Dragonair and now I'm nowhere close to a Dragonite (sat on 38 dratini candy) and in the end I caught a wild Dragonair for pokedex and later found a better dratini to evolve.

Sit till you have 100 candies at least or 125 and you are ready to get to Dragonite..

You might even randomly get lucky and find a wild Dragonite and then you'd have more candies to power up?
Seems the local nest near me has changed from an Abra nest to a Bulbasaur nest. Anyone know how often nests changed what is spawned? I really should've tried to get enough Abra candy before.. Might try and press on with the Bulbasaur evolutions while I've got the chance.

Just need to walk 1km and 3km and then should be ready to add 5 more to my pokedex to bring me up to 118..
I've noticed a nest area too. Seems to have changed from an Ekans nest to a Growlithe nest (thank god!).
Found a 807CP Growlithe the other day but has only decent IVs (only go with generic IVs and if it says "Can battle with the best of them", then I calculate).

Do have a 490CP Growlithe but has 84% IVs so, will probably evolve that and work on powering up if it has a good move set.
I've noticed a nest area too. Seems to have changed from an Ekans nest to a Growlithe nest (thank god!).
Found a 807CP Growlithe the other day but has only decent IVs (only go with generic IVs and if it says "Can battle with the best of them", then I calculate).

Do have a 490CP Growlithe but has 84% IVs so, will probably evolve that and work on powering up if it has a good move set.

Lucky! Should farm them as much as you can.. Arcanine seems really powerful and might be one of the better ones with high CP/attack.

I should be able to evolve my second Growlithe soon.. hopefully won't have bulldoze again.
So just used my first lucky egg since the update (which reduced evolution time by a little bit).

I managed 75 evolutions (including 5 new additions to pokedex) to give me a whopping 80k XP increase!

Pleased as I was able to evolve my second Arcanine (although I did trade in my last one which had Bulldoze as 1 candy short) but the new awesome Arcanine has Fire Fang and Flamethrower so I'm very pleased (Fire Blast would've been perfect but I'll take this!) Will now power this up as and when I get Growlithe candies..

Pokedex now up to 118 (with 131 seen).. meaning only 24 remaining but that still feels like a long way. Also just got to level 27 so powering up a few of my top pokemon slightly again. Still annoying that I've not had any more Lapras or Snorlax to get candies. Although I am currently holding 3x10km egg so will have to see how I get on!
Fastpokemap think they may be back up and running this weekend in terms of tracking..
Original post by tomtjl
x

I know you're not playing anymore but you seemed to have a lot of knowledge :colondollar:

Do you know if duel weaknesses are capped or if the multiplier applies against both?

I'm tempted to power up a Raichu purely for attacking Gyarados if the duel weakness does apply..
I know you're not playing anymore but you seemed to have a lot of knowledge :colondollar:

Do you know if duel weaknesses are capped or if the multiplier applies against both?

I'm tempted to power up a Raichu purely for attacking Gyarados if the duel weakness does apply..

Dual weaknesses apply. Electric type attacks will have a (1.25)^2 times greater effect. If you use a Raichu, you also get STAB so it will be even higher. As I said before, this is the main reason that Gyarados is Water/Flying - it would be too OP if it was Dragon/Water.

I don't think I'd recommend using a Raichu though, they aren't very powerful in POGO if I remember. An Electabuzz is probably your best bet, it can be a pain in the arse to power up though.
Biggest highlights of my day - Hatched a near 500CP Pikachu from a 2k egg today and a near 500CP Jigglypuff (Now a 1400CP Wiglytuff with Hyperbeam). - Both have IVs of 88.

Also, took down a gym for just to rub it in Valor's face, put a 225CP Caterpie in there. =l
Original post by tomtjl
Dual weaknesses apply. Electric type attacks will have a (1.25)^2 times greater effect. If you use a Raichu, you also get STAB so it will be even higher. As I said before, this is the main reason that Gyarados is Water/Flying - it would be too OP if it was Dragon/Water.

I don't think I'd recommend using a Raichu though, they aren't very powerful in POGO if I remember. An Electabuzz is probably your best bet, it can be a pain in the arse to power up though.

Ehh I have a Raichu with thunder shock/thunder. Cba to find a decent Electabuzz and try to power up.
Ehh I have a Raichu with thunder shock/thunder. Cba to find a decent Electabuzz and try to power up.

Yeah, that's fair enough. If you can get your Raichu to 1300 CP or so then I'm sure it'll work fine anyways.

Quick Reply

Latest