The Student Room Group

waiting for a reply after primark interview

I applied for a job as a Christmas temp at primark a couple of weeks ago, I got a phone call to arrange an interview and I had the interview today. she said that I would find out if I have got the job by the 25th of this month but I'm just wondering how long it usually takes them to get back to people? the 25th is two weeks away but I was hoping to know earlier than that. Will they definitely get back to me? and is it a good place to work?
They took over a month to get back to me, and meh it's alright...I recently quit working there because there was issues with me having time off at Christmas so I could go home. Other than that it was pretty decent
Reply 2
Original post by Jackieox
They took over a month to get back to me, and meh it's alright...I recently quit working there because there was issues with me having time off at Christmas so I could go home. Other than that it was pretty decent

Thank you for your reply! Yeah I've heard a few negative things about working there but the lady that did my interview and the people that shown me where to go were really nice, hopefully they get back to me earlier than in a month!!
Original post by megza1996
Thank you for your reply! Yeah I've heard a few negative things about working there but the lady that did my interview and the people that shown me where to go were really nice, hopefully they get back to me earlier than in a month!!

It was a good place to work and really consistent contracted hours! Aha yeah they took a while but mine was a permanent contract, I only left because they wouldn't move me to weekends or let me go home at Christmas (I live two hours away from my uni). They literally wanted me to stay in my uni town by myself over Christmas =/
Reply 4
It was a good place to work and really consistent contracted hours! Aha yeah they took a while but mine was a permanent contract, I only left because they wouldn't move me to weekends or let me go home at Christmas (I live two hours away from my uni). They literally wanted me to stay in my uni town by myself over Christmas =/

Yeah, I live about an hour away from uni too and they've already told me they'll want me to stay at uni over christmas to work if I get it which is annoying but expected because it's a Christmas temp! I don't blame you for leaving, they could have just moved you to weekends so you could go home. I hope I get it though, just for the money really haha
Original post by megza1996
Yeah, I live about an hour away from uni too and they've already told me they'll want me to stay at uni over christmas to work if I get it which is annoying but expected because it's a Christmas temp! I don't blame you for leaving, they could have just moved you to weekends so you could go home. I hope I get it though, just for the money really haha

I asked if they could and apparently you have to work there a year, they were gonna try and sort something out but i knew it wouldn't happen soon =/ Literally they don't allow time in November or December and because of where Christmas falls you'll either have to work Christmas eve and boxing day (if weekend) or the 23rd and then back in on the 28th =L
Hope you get it!
Reply 6
I was just wondering what the interview was like and what questions they asked, as I have a interview for a Christmas temp. Thanks
Reply 7
I asked if they could and apparently you have to work there a year, they were gonna try and sort something out but i knew it wouldn't happen soon =/ Literally they don't allow time in November or December and because of where Christmas falls you'll either have to work Christmas eve and boxing day (if weekend) or the 23rd and then back in on the 28th =L
Hope you get it!

I got the job! I'll be working weekends so doing the christmas eve and boxing day one probably :/

Quick Reply