The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by josephinekitten
Does anyone know when Edinburgh and St. Andrews usually give out offers? I'm applying for biological sciences, thanks!

I got mine (medical sciences) in late February, even though I applied in Octobet and had 5A* prediction...btw, Edinburgh is absolutely awesome- just started my final year there :smile: good luck with your application
Reply 941
Original post by eatyourmattress
Do you know how long it took for them to get back? :smile:

I think it was very quick- they must have applied around last week and have an offer already- good luck with yours!
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
If I somehow get an offer from Cambridge then there but if not, it'll be Birmingham!! It'll be so weird to have a confirmed place though

Ah well good luck with Cambridge, but if not let me know! Fingers crossed for you!
Original post by Joy1483
I think it was very quick- they must have applied around last week and have an offer already- good luck with yours!

Thank you, friend!
Are Warwick, Durham, Bath, Surrey and Cambridge sending out acknowledgments?
(edited 7 years ago)
has anyone heard back for history and politics?
Original post by jamestg

I applied to Surrey and got an acknowledgement email a day or so after my application was sent :smile: and then i got an offer a few days later which was fab
any law students along the lines of LSE WARWICK BIRMINGHAN NOTTINGHAM and OXFORD getting any acknowledgements or offers?
Original post by jamestg

I got an acknowledgment from Durham today at 6 so you should be getting one soon! :smile:
Original post by butterfly_belle
I applied to Surrey and got an acknowledgement email a day or so after my application was sent :smile: and then i got an offer a few days later which was fab

Cracking thanks.
Original post by h8skoooooool
I got an acknowledgment from Durham today at 6 so you should be getting one soon! :smile:

Would you be able to copy and paste the main bit of the email? Obviously excluding name, email address and any other personal details lol? I'd be super duper grateful.
Original post by joycian117
Just got an offer from Nottingham to study English! Unconditional if I firm it! :smile:

How did you get an unconditional??

Original post by jesstheravendor
I just got a conditional offer for English and Hispanic Studies at Nottingham! Super excited!

When did you apply? I'm applying for English and French and am simply dying to send mine off by the end of this week.
Original post by Mfp3343
has anyone heard back for history and politics?

Nope :frown: just all acknowledgments
Original post by james0902
I was considering Imperial but I thought I'd try to tier it a little bit, so obviously Oxbridge is my top choice, and then UCL / Bristol / Manchester. But I wanted Leeds in there as they tend to do lower offers, so I can have a lower offer just in case I don't get the grades I want instead of every offer being A*AA :P

Ah yeah I should have probably done that, 4 of my choices are A*AA or A*A*A eeek :colondollar:

But hopefully we'll both get into our first choices anyway! I'd love to get an offer from Oxford
Original post by h8skoooooool
Ah yeah I should have probably done that, 4 of my choices are A*AA or A*A*A eeek :colondollar:

But hopefully we'll both get into our first choices anyway! I'd love to get an offer from Oxford

woah best of luck :hugs:
Original post by Lauren1498x
Nope :frown: just all acknowledgments

same, where are you applying?
Original post by Cryptographic
Sent in application late last week. Received Bristol offer for EcOn this afternoon.

What was your offer for Eco at Bristol? I've applied tooooo !
Original post by natalieerik
What was your offer for Eco at Bristol? I've applied tooooo !

A*AA, although from what I understand about Bristol that's more of an aspirational offer. They usually should accept you even if you get AAA in the actual exam period.
Original post by Mfp3343
same, where are you applying?

Warwick, LSE, Oxford for hispol and then Edinburgh for Econ/politics and St. Andrews for history and economics
Original post by Salman53101
any law students along the lines of LSE WARWICK BIRMINGHAN NOTTINGHAM and OXFORD getting any acknowledgements or offers?

I applied yesterday (Tuesday) and got an acknowledgement email from Birmingham for law this morning. I found it in my promotions folder on gmail, so maybe it's in there if you use it! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending