The Student Room Group

Girlfriend is starting to REPULSE me :K time to dump?

When we started going out I thought she was a nice girl, she has loads of friends, is liberal, goes to rights protests and that sort of thing. Was also very happy and smiley. However I'm repulsed by her recently.

For example she grew up in a better and more well off home than I did (she went to private school and is always boasting about how close her family is, whereas my parents split when I was little). But she seems to hate rich people possibly because she is always moaning about how she was bullied at private school and the "spoilt rahs" at her uni (I went to a uni full of rahs and made good friends with them!). A mutual friend is dating a really well off girl and she told him bluntly to "take her for all she's got." She also randomly says stuff like "I hate the happy rich guy [on that travel ad], literally want to strangle him ugh!" because she can't always afford a holiday! Wtf?

She also can be a mean girl. We are both in our 20's but she does not always act like an adult. She randomly takes pictures of people that aint even funny like some construction workers reading the Daily Mail or a guy asleep on the bus, then she posts it on FB with a sarcastic caption. She seems classist though she moans about rich folk!! I am not sure if this is because of her family whom she is close to though she always boasts they're a well mannered and great family. Her brother is extremely stuck up and emotionally immature, half his social media is posts about how angry he is about something, and her dad is a well known writer.. when I've been to visit them he has been really weird and critical about things we discuss. He just isn't open minded and really ****ing rude and I think my GF gets her superiority complex from him.

Time to dump? I dont like dating girls who are *****es even if its not to me, I have tried mentioning to her but its so hard to get through. :mad:

Scroll to see replies

Yup defo leave her. She sounds like a right cow.
Reply 2
Run away before it's too late. It's for your own good.
How long have you been dating?

Yes you dont sound compatible, have a chat to alk it out or end it if it isnt working for you.
Give me her number, I'll do it in a gentle way by...

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yup defo leave her. She sounds like a right cow.

Thanks. Not sure if Im being too fussy, obviously I mainly listed her bad things bc I'm angry. :s-smilie: She has good traits too, she even let me choose her hair style when she went to the hairdresser though I said it wasnt my business, but then she has a nasty side maybe bc of her family? :dontknow:
If you're even questioning ending a relationship, I think it's time to bring it to a close.
You shouldn't settle for something mediocre, if you really love her you can mention those snarky comments and immature behaviour and try make it work? if not, i'd just move on.
Reply 7
You're with, what most people would refer to as, an arseh0le.
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
Run away before it's too late. It's for your own good.

Boss man UWS :hat:

999tigger

How long have you been dating?

Yes you dont sound compatible, have a chat to alk it out or end it if it isnt working for you.

A couple of months. Like I said she does this stuff to others, not me and she does sometimes bend over backwards for me like cooking or even asking me what new hairstyle she should get. It's not all the time but is it her true colours? Lol

Boss_Rhythm

Give me her number, I'll do it in a gentle way by...

Spoiler

real talk :biggrin: :five:
Reply 9
Original post by Joel 96
You're with, what most people would refer to as, an arseh0le.

:rofl:

Is it really that bad? I'm the nice guy in my friend group I know some young people sometimes do or say stupid ****. The taking pictures of strangers thing is common these days but it pisses me off yea :mad:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Boss man UWS :hat:

I wonder who you are :holmes:

real talk :biggrin: :five:

Don't worry I'm savage to girls after I had a lowkey break up situation :biggrin:
She lay it down gently, so I'm good at it now :biggrin:
There's a free little game you can download called facade.
It might help you figure things out because the characters are in the same situation as you, except married.
:rofl:

Is it really that bad? I'm the nice guy in my friend group I know some young people sometimes do or say stupid ****. The taking pictures of strangers thing is common these days but it pisses me off yea :mad:

Taking pictures of strangers to belittle? It's just a dick move, man.
Original post by UWS
I wonder who you are :holmes:

:ninja:

96 Joel

Taking pictures of strangers to belittle? It's just a dick move, man.

yeah I don't know if she thinks shes being funny or something?

Like I said I think she gets it from her family. They're the eccentric intellectual hippy sort.. idk how to describe it, but yeah her dad has a superiority complex. :rolleyes:
Pretty much TBH.. I know some people would say "thats just banter." As posted above she does sometimes go above and beyond for me. Shes one of those hopeless romantic types who's gotten dumped a lot before, in fact she says before she met me she thought men were evil :lol:
Bruh...My gf burped straight in my face, she had no right to do that.

*(reads op) Ohhh...that's not the kinda "repulsed" you were on about...
(edited 7 years ago)
You have to ask yourself whether the good outweighs the bad. Everyone has quirks, I went out with someone who was high maintenance, refused to stay in hostels or budget hotels, refuses to eat in "basic" places such as Nandos, refused to travel by public transport etc. when I am very much the opposite. At the time there were a lot of good things about them that overshadowed the annoying stuff and made me stay.
Original post by 99_Problems
You have to ask yourself whether the good outweighs the bad. Everyone has quirks, I went out with someone who was high maintenance, refused to stay in hostels or budget hotels, refuses to eat in "basic" places such as Nandos, refused to travel by public transport etc. when I am very much the opposite. At the time there were a lot of good things about them that overshadowed the annoying stuff and made me stay.

Yeah :s-smilie: Whats your opinion on the bad?

TBH I don't know if her us against them mentality is gonna change or not. Plus Im not dating her family but they really piss me off and I usually dont argue with anyone! :lol:
Typical White middle class, totally unaware of how far off being truly accomplished she is, but uses hatred of the poor to give her a sense of superiority.

Quick Reply