The Student Room Group

Appearance, girls and leagues - just need advice tbh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You don't need leagues, you just need to be yourself.
Original post by Mancini
You don't need leagues, you just need to be yourself.

:facepalm:
Original post by insert-username
Dont spend your time worrying about 'leagues' and all those pointless social constructs. Attraction isn't mathematics.I won't lie and say looks never matter, they do because they form a part of physical attraction, but not only are looks completely subjective, they also only account for a small percentage of long term attraction.

It's also very important to remember that not being attracted to someone and finding someone unattractive are two completely different things. Just because you're not attracted doesn't mean the person isn't attractive, it just means you're not compatible. Think of it this way, there have probably been girls you've met in your life that you weren't necessarily crazy about, but those same girls probably had other people who fancied them. So keep that in mind when you think about yourself. Don't let this notion that you're not attractive or that you're below a certain league poison your mindset.

Avoid online dating (which is based purely on superficiality) and try meeting girls in real life. Focus on building chemistry and don't worry about how you look. It sounds like you've got a good personality that makes quite confident, use your strengths to your advantage.If there are valid things you think you could improve upon in terms of your physical presentation then go for it, new haircut that suits your face shape, clothes etc.

Having chemistry with someone involves many different types of attraction working together; physical attraction, emotional/romantic attraction,

If you go for someone a similar level of attractiveness to your own, you're more likely to be successful. It's common sense.
Original post by HannaMarin
You know, I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl.

I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.

It has been very torturous.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.

It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me.

I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it.

It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.

Hahahahahahahahaha creased :rofl:
Original post by HannaMarin
You know, I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl.

I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.

It has been very torturous.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.

It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me.

I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it.

It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.

Elliot Rodgers?
Original post by Anonymous
Wanna keep this short but I feel like when I'm with friends I'm an extrovert, I'm always the most alive in the conversation, always cracking jokes, making people laugh etc. but I can be serious and offer good advice... then in lessons I kinda come off as an introvert even though when I speak to people I make good conversation and always keep a confident vibe. I just feel as though cause I'm a smaller guy and cause I'm pale/nerdy looking people think I'm an introvert and a pushover, in fact from experience I can say this is true.

Then when it comes to girls I have no idea who is in my league cause I've never bothered to ask anyone out, I always fear I'll be shot down for the looks even though I'll treat a girl well, make great conversation, make them laugh. Basically feel like my looks prejudice who I really am and it frustrates, trust me. Anyone else feel the same way or can offer any advice on what to do about it and girls? Haven't kept it short now have I but oh well even if no one answers it's nice to vent x

And that OP is why you fail before you even begin.

There is no girl out of your league. Women are nothing more than pretty faces until you get to know them however you do know absolutely that you are brilliant, funny, that they are the ones who'd be lucky to have you.

If you want the confidence to attract women, you need to be aware of your own brilliance and be certain that if rejected, they are the ones who lost out rather than you.
Original post by Rakas21
And that OP is why you fail before you even begin.

There is no girl out of your league. Women are nothing more than pretty faces until you get to know them however you do know absolutely that you are brilliant, funny, that they are the ones who'd be lucky to have you.

If you want the confidence to attract women, you need to be aware of your own brilliance and be certain that if rejected, they are the ones who lost out rather than you.

Of course, I know I have a lot to offer but it's just realism. Yeah leagues are just social inventions but they gotta hold true a little right? I see hot girls with average guys frequently but at my age *17* girls seem to always go for the best looking guy, realise he's an ass, rinse repeat until they get older and make the same mistake. Stereotyping? Yeah. But it's true. When I get into uni I know it's a complete fresh start for me. The confident me. Free from any perceptions made my people I already know. And I will have the mentality you mentioned.
Of course, I know I have a lot to offer but it's just realism. Yeah leagues are just social inventions but they gotta hold true a little right? I see hot girls with average guys frequently but at my age *17* girls seem to always go for the best looking guy, realise he's an ass, rinse repeat until they get older and make the same mistake. Stereotyping? Yeah. But it's true. When I get into uni I know it's a complete fresh start for me. The confident me. Free from any perceptions made my people I already know. And I will have the mentality you mentioned.

Those guys get the girls because their looks give them that belief from the off (plus some girls may approach them), that does not mean you can't develop it.

While your free to wait for university that kind of put off mentality is indicative of somebody who does not truly believe in their ability here. There's no reason to wait, the worst they can do is say no.
Lol, I'm sorry but too many of these threads on here to take seriously anymore hahahaha
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Lol, I'm sorry but too many of these threads on here to take seriously anymore hahahaha

What does this mean? :rofl:
Original post by Rhaenys10

People be too thirsty on here lol :rofl:

Plus, I always see '*insert young age here* I've never had a bf/gf' or, 'How can I get hot girls/boys to like me' haha
Original post by stefano865
/10

Remember you can't jump more than 2 places.

PRSOM :rofl:
So savage...
Original post by UWS
Well ****. Back to the drawing board.

Out of curiosity how tall are you?
People be too thirsty on here lol :rofl:

Plus, I always see '*insert young age here* I've never had a bf/gf' or, 'How can I get hot girls/boys to like me' haha

Alright no need to be arsey about it I've got a black belt in trolling and I'm not afraid to use it 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤
Alright no need to be arsey about it I've got a black belt in trolling and I'm not afraid to use it 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

It's not me being 'arsey', it's the truth. :wink:

Plus, I already got a troll on my back lol.
Reply 35
Leagues obviously exist
No such thing as leagues.

Original post by Rhaenys10

While i don't disagree, the OP seems reasonably sane compared to most (he mainly lacks self belief).

You see a guy in a pub or the street who you consider a 4/10 (he's skinny but well dressed with no major features and a face that's not cute per say but not especially ugly). The guy approaches you, makes a bit of conversation and has the balls to for it and ask you out. Does the OP now seem more attractive or do you lower your bar and admire the fact the guy has some balls and self belief.
While i don't disagree, the OP seems reasonably sane compared to most (he mainly lacks self belief).

You see a guy in a pub or the street who you consider a 4/10 (he's skinny but well dressed with no major features and a face that's not cute per say but not especially ugly). The guy approaches you, makes a bit of conversation and has the balls to for it and ask you out. Does the OP now seem more attractive or do you lower your bar and admire the fact the guy has some balls and self belief.

I don't even rate people out of 10, brah
Original post by Rakas21
Those guys get the girls because their looks give them that belief from the off (plus some girls may approach them), that does not mean you can't develop it.

While your free to wait for university that kind of put off mentality is indicative of somebody who does not truly believe in their ability here. There's no reason to wait, the worst they can do is say no.

Lmao NO.

Obviously if you've got a beta neckbeard kind of personality it doesnt help with chicks, but if you're some fat bastard or don't have a good job or are a 4/10 "facially" it doesnt matter how much confidence you have.

We've all seen that ugly phaggot at the bar trying to "neg" hot sloots and acting above them because he read THE GAME and thinks its all about personality. Meanwhile the women are absolutelydisgust.jpg and go for handsome Alphas like me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending