The Student Room Group

Experiences of working at Lidl?

hey guys

i got an offer today to work at a lidl store. its not a huge store, but its not small either, medium sized i would say.

22 hr/s a week

i just want to know how it it be to work there? i recently quit a job at a very small local Morrison, which demanded a lot of constant physical labour.

Just want to hear about some your experiences at working in Lidl or what friends or family have told you

thanks
One of my friends works at Lidl and it's very similar to Aldi (I did a trial there) .. They pay more because alot is expected of the staff. Lidl will be ALOT of physical labour.
Reply 2
Original post by Jackieox
One of my friends works at Lidl and it's very similar to Aldi (I did a trial there) .. They pay more because alot is expected of the staff. Lidl will be ALOT of physical labour.

i mean what if im on the till. i remember seeing the cashier sitting down, which is nice as apposed to my previous job where i had to stand. how often will i be asked to stock up etc
Original post by FatehL
i mean what if im on the till. i remember seeing the cashier sitting down, which is nice as apposed to my previous job where i had to stand. how often will i be asked to stock up etc

It's unlikely you'd be on the till your whole shift, I'd say its 70% stocking and manual labour and 30% on the till, especially if its like my store where they have minimum till staff and only call more when really needed.
Reply 4
Original post by Jackieox
It's unlikely you'd be on the till your whole shift, I'd say its 70% stocking and manual labour and 30% on the till, especially if its like my store where they have minimum till staff and only call more when really needed.

would you say your store is big or small?
Original post by FatehL
would you say your store is big or small?

medium sized i'd say
I just got a job at Lidl too! I have to go in on Friday to go through my contract and then next month they're paying for me to go on a training day at the head office/distribution centre, which they said everyone goes to now. Do you know if you'll be going for a training day at a head office/distribution centre?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending