The Student Room Group

Girlfriend is starting to REPULSE me :K time to dump?

Scroll to see replies

You should've just dumped her, you didn't need our permission lol
Original post by Lost Her Way
Typical White middle class, totally unaware of how far off being truly accomplished she is, but uses hatred of the poor to give her a sense of superiority.

Yeah she got mad at me for saying that the BBC licence fee was a bit of a rip off lol, and started putting Leave voters down after Brexit :teehee:

Her family's well off but not rich, she always complains about getting bullied in private school and the "spoiled" rahs at her uni. The weird thing is I went to a uni with loads of rahs and I'm working class, some of my best friends were rahs :rolleyes:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
You should've just dumped her, you didn't need our permission lol

Lol I wanted to see what other people thought. Most people we know IRL say she just doesn't take stuff too seriously. She's a bit of a "clown" (self described) :P
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah she got mad at me for saying that the BBC licence fee was a bit of a rip off lol, and started putting Leave voters down after Brexit :teehee:

Her family's well off but not rich, she always complains about getting bullied in private school and the "spoiled" rahs at her uni. The weird thing is I went to a uni with loads of rahs and I'm working class, some of my best friends were rahs :rolleyes:

Having two parents who are doctors or a doctor and a solicitor is far from rich.
Original post by Lost Her Way
Having two parents who are doctors or a doctor and a solicitor is far from rich.

Her dad's a writer, not a doctor, and her mum stays at home. He's well paid though. Plus she grew up in Liverpool which has a fairly low cost of living so I guess maybe she was better off than most there and learned to look down on people who weren't middle class :confused:

If you're even questioning ending a relationship, I think it's time to bring it to a close.
You shouldn't settle for something mediocre, if you really love her you can mention those snarky comments and immature behaviour and try make it work? if not, i'd just move on.

Thanks. Like I said I do bring it up but she doesn't seem to take it seriously. And she's really flighty and just seems to forget. She does this most when shes with her close friends Ive noticed.
Yeah :s-smilie: Whats your opinion on the bad?

TBH I don't know if her us against them mentality is gonna change or not. Plus Im not dating her family but they really piss me off and I usually dont argue with anyone! :lol:

What's tolerable to you isn't necessarily tolerable to me and vice versa. The taking pictures of random people and posting it online is messed up. I could not have tolerated that. **** that **** :/

Her whining about rich or poor people is not a massive deal, perhaps tell her gently to cut it out when it gets too much.

As for the family, it is a shame you don't get on but it's pot luck really. Just try and ignore them, it's not like you have to be with them everyday.

In the end only you know what your willing to live with.
Original post by 99_Problems
What's tolerable to you isn't necessarily tolerable to me and vice versa. The taking pictures of random people and posting it online is messed up. I could not have tolerated that. **** that **** :/

Her whining about rich or poor people is not a massive deal, perhaps tell her gently to cut it out when it gets too much.

As for the family, it is a shame you don't get on but it's pot luck really. Just try and ignore them, it's not like you have to be with them everyday.

In the end only you know what your willing to live with.

Yeah, I don't know anyone apart from her and her close friends who does that? :s-smilie:

I suppose not but she does come off as a massive hypocrite.

Omg she's an actual stereotype. She think she's a good person because she goes to protests (and undoubtedly posts selfies of herself at these on Instagram), but fails to show tolerance on the most fundamental level.
I couldn't cope with someone like that.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Omg she's an actual stereotype. She think she's a good person because she goes to protests (and undoubtedly posts selfies of herself at these on Instagram), but fails to show tolerance on the most fundamental level.
I couldn't cope with someone like that.

Is this a stereotype? Explain plz :colondollar: I'm not as politically involved as she is so idk many liberals haha :lol:

She doesn't actually take selfies, I think its good that she does stuff for the environment and animal rights even if it is just going to protests. But then she has a nasty side.
:rofl:

Is it really that bad? I'm the nice guy in my friend group I know some young people sometimes do or say stupid ****. The taking pictures of strangers thing is common these days but it pisses me off yea :mad:

If you arent compatible then you arent. You cna decide how you wnat to break up. In person is better and less lame than tex, but 2 months then you ccould get away with a phone call. If you are sleepong ogether then id do it in person, neutral venue etc. Just say it wasnt working out. No need to eb brutal unless you wnat messy .
Well personally I wouldn't want to be with anyone who had a "nasty side".
Original post by 999tigger
If you arent compatible then you arent. You cna decide how you wnat to break up. In person is better and less lame than tex, but 2 months then you ccould get away with a phone call. If you are sleepong ogether then id do it in person, neutral venue etc. Just say it wasnt working out. No need to eb brutal unless you wnat messy .

I can do it in person, dont know if I should be upfront with her or not though. Another thing she does that bugs me is to tell her friends ****ing everything. I was looking at her FB timeline and a couple of months before she met me she shared a picture of her with a really old fling (she's not into him any more, he was from America) on FB just for her friends to comment on. But she doesn't even have him on FB so he wouldnt know the pic was up.
I can do it in person, dont know if I should be upfront with her or not though. Another thing she does that bugs me is to tell her friends ****ing everything. I was looking at her FB timeline and a couple of months before she met me she shared a picture of her with a really old fling (she's not into him any more, he was from America) on FB just for her friends to comment on. But she doesn't even have him on FB so he wouldnt know the pic was up.

All the more reason to be diplomatic and part on good terms then. She will talk anyway.
Original post by MeeranB
damn, she trippin

my man Meeran know wassup :lol:
Original post by markova21
Well personally I wouldn't want to be with anyone who had a "nasty side".

Good point :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest