The Student Room Group

Economics Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by domaths
Have you considered sending off with less than 5 choices? I sent off with 4 and waited for my first offer to make my final decision

you can do that?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
you can do that?

Yep, when you send off you'll get UCAS track details and when you log on to track you can add more options as long as you are under 5
Original post by joddcfc
GCSEs: 6A*, 4A, 1C
AS levels: AAAA (Maths, Economics, Geography, History - which I've now dropped)
Predicted A2: should be 3A* I think
Course: Economics
Universities: Warwick, Nottingham, York, Leeds, Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite unambitious choic3s with ur grades i wud comsirer swapping 1/2 of last 3 with ucl oxbridge maybe lse even altho idk about lse with no fm
GCSE's : 10A* 4As
AS: AAAB, english lit, maths, chem, bio
A2 predicted AAA: english, maths, bio

I havent studied economics at A level but have been to a taster day and online course. I also haven't read any of the books, hence they're not in my statement. I did do work experience at Schroders tho...

Does anyone think it is worth applying to Oxford or not, brutally honest?(parents)
Im looking at Bath, warwick,(faves) then between Bristol, exeter and maybe leeds?
Any one got an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you finished your personal statement yet cus the Oxford dead line is next Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by youreanutter
Quite unambitious choic3s with ur grades i wud comsirer swapping 1/2 of last 3 with ucl oxbridge maybe lse even altho idk about lse with no fm

Thanks, a part of me does think perhaps I can do better but Oxbridge, UCL, KCL and LSE put me off a little due to having very low figures in terms of % of candidates offered places (all are under 25% IIRC). Plus I'm not too keen on studying in London and 2 of my 5 choices I haven't had the chance to visit so I think for over half my unis to be places I haven't been to yet is a bit of a risk. On "the big 'are my grades good enough for Cambridge?' Thread", I was told it was unlikely Cambridge would consider me anyway, but thanks for the reply - I'll definitely take it as a compliment!

What do you reckon my chances of getting an offer from Warwick and Nottingham are?
My ucas application went off this morning, waiting now...gonna be so hard to cope with the wait😩
Original post by felecita
I got this last year if that's any use, it's normal

For Economics applicants, are we supposed to give UMS grades for maths and further maths or the letter of grade (e.g. A) for each maths and further maths module?

Also, do we have to give it if we have already finished our A-Levels?
(edited 7 years ago)
Just got an offer from Nottingham 🎉🎉
Original post by smiley444
Just got an offer from Nottingham 🎉🎉

Congrats! Mind if I ask what the offer was?
Original post by kenzomorris
GCSE's : 10A* 4As
AS: AAAB, english lit, maths, chem, bio
A2 predicted AAA: english, maths, bio

I havent studied economics at A level but have been to a taster day and online course. I also haven't read any of the books, hence they're not in my statement. I did do work experience at Schroders tho...

Does anyone think it is worth applying to Oxford or not, brutally honest?(parents)
Im looking at Bath, warwick,(faves) then between Bristol, exeter and maybe leeds?

No point applying to Oxford imo, I was told straight up that no further maths would put me in the reject pile for E&M (unless there was no FM offered). With no A*s you would also probably get rejected because of that.

Bristol, Exeter and Leeds are all do-able but Bath may be a stretch to get an offer (but still worth applying for).
Just got Econ offer from Bris, A*AA.
Original post by Fbiemad
For Economics applicants, are we supposed to give UMS grades for maths and further maths or the letter of grade (e.g. A) for each maths and further maths module?

Also, do we have to give it if we have already finished our A-Levels?

Just the grade for each module, if it's the same this year. I never gave specific UMS marks.

Not sure sorry, I want to say no but I never paid much attention to that as I hadn't completed my A-Levels when I applied.
Original post by Cryptographic
Just got Econ offer from Bris, A*AA.

What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to everyone who got an offer already:smile:

A2 Predicted Grade: A*AA (Econ, Maths and Further Maths)

Thinking about applying to Economics in Warwick

Other uni choices: UCL Exeter Southampton Reading

Do u think it would be too risky if my PG is exactly on the entry requirement?

Thanks in advance!:h:
I've not be been in any immediate rush to apply as I'm attending the Model United Nations of Goldberg over half term so my focus has been on that, plus I have mentioned that on my PS in the past tense so can't really send off my application when I haven't participated in that yet.

Hoping to get my application sent off (to Warwick, Nottingham, York, Leeds and Manchester) by the end of the first week back after half term (Friday November 4th). What kind of proportion will have already sent their applications by this date? and how many unis should I have expected to hear back from by Christmas time do you reckon?

Original post by JP0458B
What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE: 7A*, 2A, 1B.

Pred: A*AA. (Econ, Maths, Chem)
Original post by Cryptographic
No point applying to Oxford imo, I was told straight up that no further maths would put me in the reject pile for E&M (unless there was no FM offered). With no A*s you would also probably get rejected because of that.

Bristol, Exeter and Leeds are all do-able but Bath may be a stretch to get an offer (but still worth applying for).

okay thanks, what do you think about warwick?? I've had my predicteds moved up as well, A* in maths and should be able to get English also?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joddcfc
Congrats! Mind if I ask what the offer was?

Thank you! It was A*AA

Quick Reply

Latest