The Student Room Group

A101 Swansea 2017 Entry

I don't see a thread for this course so here we go. Good luck to us all :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by dr_2b
I don't see a thread for this course so here we go. Good luck to us all :smile:

You too :smile: and thank you for creating this thread.

What's your feeling on this years GAMSAT cut off?
Reply 2
Sure :smile:

Well, it was my first gamsat so I won't be able to compare with previous years. I am just keeping my fingers crossed it's the same as last year (58/59 ish) :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by dr_2b
Sure :smile:

Well, it was my first gamsat so I won't be able to compare with previous years. I am just keeping my fingers crossed it's the same as last year (58/59 ish) :smile:

Same, the cut off could be even lower because many said S3 of the gamsat was much harder compared to previous years. Fingers crossed.

What I like about Swansea also is that they don't have individual cut offs :smile:
Original post by Tsar101
Same, the cut off could be even lower because many said S3 of the gamsat was much harder compared to previous years. Fingers crossed.

What I like about Swansea also is that they don't have individual cut offs :smile:

Yeah, I really hope the cut off will be lower - I sat the gamsat for the first time this year, and honestly I'm worried I won't have achieved 50 in section 3.
Fingers crossed for us all!
Reply 5
I'll be applying to Swansea this year now that I have completed my Masters. Currently have a GAMSAT score of 58/59 so hope it drops down a couple from last year!
Reply 6
Original post by Marathi
I'll be applying to Swansea this year now that I have completed my Masters. Currently have a GAMSAT score of 58/59 so hope it drops down a couple from last year!

Fingers crossed it drops. And well done on completing your masters!
Reply 7
Where are everyone's other choices including Swansea?
Reply 8
Anyone else get an email about additional information regarding A-levels? Doesn't state anything on the website about A-levels being a relevant part of the entry criteria...

Dr.Pharm I have also applied to Warwick, SGUL, and Nottingham. How about yourself?
Reply 9
Original post by Marathi
Anyone else get an email about additional information regarding A-levels? Doesn't state anything on the website about A-levels being a relevant part of the entry criteria...

Dr.Pharm I have also applied to Warwick, SGUL, and Nottingham. How about yourself?

I got an email too about additional information; as long as it is on your ucas form don't worry, its only if you have missed something off ucas.

Swansea, Liverpool, Sheffield & UEA.
Reply 10
Same here. I received the email and I've replied to them asking if they needed anything (and corrected their typo :colone:)

I will let you know if I hear anything.
I called. It's only if you missed something of ucas 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Dr.Pharm
I called. It's only if you missed something of ucas 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!!
Wow there seems to be little interest in Swansea GEM... on TSR anyways
Original post by shamim2k9
Wow there seems to be little interest in Swansea GEM... on TSR anyways

The Notts thread is quite quiet this year too. Perhaps this is consequence of the earlier industrial action and people have decided they don't want to become doctors anymore? Haha!
Reply 15
Well if that means I get a place at either uni, then I'm more than happy :smile:

Maybe more people will join in after the gamsat results come out :eek:
Yea that's true. Once the cutoffs are released people know where they are likely to get an interview and start to focus on those universities then.
Original post by Marathi
The Notts thread is quite quiet this year too. Perhaps this is consequence of the earlier industrial action and people have decided they don't want to become doctors anymore? Haha!

I hope so :biggrin:
Also does anyone know what last years GAMSAT cut off was? the website has info for 2015 entry but not for 2016 entry. And emailing them got annoying...
Original post by shamim2k9
Also does anyone know what last years GAMSAT cut off was? the website has info for 2015 entry but not for 2016 entry. And emailing them got annoying...

59 if my memory serves me correctly, as I was one point off it! But I didn't have a Masters back then away so it wouldn't have mattered haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending