The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stop debating
Original post by IdeasForLife
What a day you lot have had. HAnwar posted something hinging on politics and H333 reported someone. What's going on?

That post needed reporting. At least 3 people did, I think.
Original post by mil88
This is not the thread for bringing proofs, I am not trying to convince anyone, rather understanding their points relative to mine.

In your beliefs, when was Imam Hussain ever announced as a leader for the Muslims? Personally, I have never heard of any sunni mentioning this, so it could be something new!

Mashallah brother! I never knew fallible, mere human beings possessed such abilities.

Imam Ali was struck whilst in prayer, not when leaving the mosque. (Strawman)

"His father was better than him"

This is the issue I am having here. No shia would ever say, Imam Hussain supercedes Imam Ali. But this is not relevant, like I have previously said, I am merely discussing the "sacrifice" for/in the way of Islam, not who is better than who. The rest about which caliphs are better than others therefore is also irrelevant.

Thus the quote offers no support, with due respect.

You did not understand the purpose of the quote. You said:
"So do you have another example that equates to Imam Hussains sacrifice"

And the obvious answer is yes. The Prophets and Messengers. And many of the companions.

This does not belittle Hussains sacrifice at all. Just highlights your argument is baseless.

The point of the quote was if one was to mourn the death of al hussain in the way you claim. Then those who have much higher status than him have passed away such as the messenger but one does not do as you claim.
Original post by Leukocyte
That post needed reporting. At least 3 people did, I think.

Oh I see. Well good job on you guys dealing with trolls.

Original post by AbdulALI
Stop debating

I was going to quote Mil but I'll stop :frown:
Oh I see. Well good job on you guys dealing with trolls.

I was going to quote Mil but I'll stop :frown:

That's good, no point debating with the rafidi
Reply 3565
Original post by mil88
Wasalam and np

Zanjir is using knives.

Crying for the shaheed is not new (the Prophet did this)

Like many things here, it is not wajib to all go to a centre and mourn, it's just easiest because then you can have a speaker to narrate the story of Karbala, to everyone.

Just to elaborate, (in my opinion at least), doing a fast on a random day is not Bidah. This is because you're not changing an Islamic rule. If I now say everyone must fast on this day, then that is Bidah. This is a great misconception that I see alot, probably because of the loose use of the term.

It's not really a practice, nor is it wajib in any sense. All I know is that we should not fast the entire day of Ashura. (unrecommended)

I will ask 4 questions and (if possible) would like a yes or no answer (the first 3 are in response to this, and the last one is just for my knowledge of your belief)

1. When Prophet Yaqub cried so much for Prophet Yusuf (that he became blind) and thus damaged part of his body, did he commit a sin?

2. When the wife of Ibrahim is recorded as hitting her face when he realised he was giving birth (at her age), did she commit a sin? If yes, why didn't God mention her sin? (Sorry I cannot remember the verse)

3. I saw many of the school friends during ramadhan, breaking their fast and then praying taraweeh and then come to school (very small amounts of sleep for them personally) for the entire (more or less) month of ramadhan. Although to a lesser extent of self damage, it is still classified as damaging their body. Did they commit a sin?

4. I once saw (after an attack) the mothers of small children who were dead, crying loudly and hitting themselves because of the state of the child (dead). Did they commit a sin? Or will they be punished by the (all merciful) God?

But where did you get thia from like why is it not recommended? Tbh first timr I have ever heard something like this? Please prove to me it is the sunnah of the prophet (saw) to fast half day only on ashura?

As for the questions, I very well know what you are trying to do here and I am disappointed with this approach as nearly all shias have this classic approach to the question rather than giving proper answers according to Islam. I am sorry you very well know that self harm by purpose is not allowed in Islam. Be it whatever sect I will not agree with bid'ah and clearly all the mourning and matam with self harm is bid'ah.

One thing I really don't get is what happened to all the fatwas? Shias say they are not allowed self-harm etc and here again I see it being defended by a shia? So basically if it is allowed in shiasm then why say it is not in the first place? as all the points being made is leading towards that there is nothing wrong with it.

1. With the story of Prophet Yaqub (AS), who am I to even say yes or no? And he only showed grief to Allah swt not make an occasion out of it.

2. I am sorry to say you have the verse completely wrong and need to read the tafsir on this. She did not literally hit/smack her face at all to hurt herself.

she smote her face, meaning, she struck herself upon her forehead, according to Mujahid and Ibn Sabit. Ibn Abbas said:
"she smacked her face just as women do when confronted with an amazing thing,"

and said: "A barren old woman!''
meaning, "How can I give birth while I am an old
woman And even when I was young I was barren
and could not have children,''

They said: "Even so says your Lord. Verily, He is the All-
Wise, the All-Knower,''
`He is the All-Knower of the honor that you are
worthy of and He is the most Wise in His
statements and decisions.'

3. No. Since when was fasting on the month of ramadan as all Muslims know is obligatory equal to self-harm? If it is ordered by Allah swt then there is definitely benefits to it not disadvantages SubhanAllah.

4. Again Allahu Alam, I am no one to say yes or no.

What I am trying to say is that it is not in the sunnah to start doing acts that are unnecessary to show grief and just for this day. If you care then keep it between you and Allah swt and pray, no need to make a big deal out of it. No one said to not remember the event etc but there is a way to do this instead of all the innovation acts/practices.

May Allah forgive me for anything said wrong. Allahu Alam.
It was narrated from Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The son of Adam will not be dismissed from before his Lord on the Day of Resurrection until he has been questioned about five things: his life and how he spent it, his youth and how he used it, his wealth and how he earned it and how he disposed of it, and how he acted upon what he acquired of knowledge.”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2422; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1969)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Messenger of Allah (SalAllahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:

“The thing that I fear most for you is minor shirk.”
They said: “O Messenger of Allah (SalAllahu Alayhi Wasallam), what is minor shirk?” He (SalAllahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: “Showing off, for Allah will say on the Day when people are recompensed for their actions: ‘Go to those for whom you were showing off with your deeds in the world, and see what reward you find with them.’”

[Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 951]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3568
salaam

Wa'alaykum Assalaam.
Original post by Enginerd.
I dont know... because it's called 'ISOC'. A place for people to congregate with equal views...

Posted from TSR Mobile

you mean like a pat each other on the back society? Im not sure that is the purpose of Societies on tsr. i think promotion of discussion (without debating ) is the purpose.

indeed or perhaps the bombardment of yemen by the saudis -

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/saudi-led-coalition-investigate-yemen-strike-killed-over-140-people-1028902344

that is daily occurance that gets little comparative airtime on this thread - perhaps explained by the loyalties owned by the saudi being more lucrative than those for syrians
salaam

Original post by h333
Salaam and Jzk for the responses :smile:

Original post by mariam687
salams

Original post by ak143244
Salams everyone. Hope you all had a good day :smile:

Wa'alaykumasalaam btw! Bit belated I know.
Original post by HAnwar
There was an anti terrorism demonstration today by Muslims in West London.
Wonder if they'll bother to give it any news coverage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
link?
Original post by Enginerd.
Apparantly we don't do enough to condemn terrorism...Posted from TSR Mobile
maybe if anti terrorism protests equalled the volume of pro palestine, pro FSA, pro kashmiri sepratists, etc.i dont know..
Reply 3574
What a day you lot have had. HAnwar posted something hinging on politics and H333 reported someone. What's going on?

Well I have never felt so disgusted and sick over a post :frown: I am still recovering.
My friend was in London and he got a waffle I've never seen seen before:

Original post by h333
Well I have never felt so disgusted and sick over a post :frown: I am still recovering.

I pmed a mod and he banned him. I'm assuming it was the same guy who posted here like 1 hour ago.
Reply 3577

What is that on the waffle? Sorry if it is clear.

I pmed a mod and he banned him. I'm assuming it was the same guy who posted here like 1 hour ago.

Jzk. I literally was shaking ngl....was about to cry. It is just so unexpected.

is this waffle islamically related discussion?
Original post by h333
What is that on the waffle? Sorry if it is clear.

Jzk. I literally was shaking ngl....was about to cry. It is just so unexpected.

It's chicken. I had to ask my friend at first too.

BarakAllahu Feeki. Ah don't let the trolls get you, honestly their only aim is to cause a reaction/get attention/annoy people. If someone starts doing it again then add them to your ignore list straightaway https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=ignorelist
And don't feel mean for adding them because it's a well deserved add.