The Student Room Group

Wrong A level choice- is it too late?

Hello everyone
I've started reconsidering what I want to do in the future. I was originally planning to study Sport science at degree but feel that I am also interested in physio therapy or nutrition (something along those lines). The deadline to change courses was last week and I am looking to change psychology to biology. I am not enjoying psychology as much as I thought I would and have realised I may need biology more than I thought I would 😬 Will it be too difficult to catch up now? How much work have you biology year 12 students done and do you think catching up is realistic? I am pretty sure I could do it in the upcoming half term holidays but am looking for a second opinion (despite the changing deadline I'm sure if I explained the circumstances it may be possible).
Thanks!
If you can make the change then it's probably realistic to say you can catch up. Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous061299
Hello everyone
I've started reconsidering what I want to do in the future. I was originally planning to study Sport science at degree but feel that I am also interested in physio therapy or nutrition (something along those lines). The deadline to change courses was last week and I am looking to change psychology to biology. I am not enjoying psychology as much as I thought I would and have realised I may need biology more than I thought I would 😬 Will it be too difficult to catch up now? How much work have you biology year 12 students done and do you think catching up is realistic? I am pretty sure I could do it in the upcoming half term holidays but am looking for a second opinion (despite the changing deadline I'm sure if I explained the circumstances it may be possible).
Thanks!

I do bio
What board do u do?
It's not too hard to catch up as we haven't actually done that much. I do OCR gateway spec A and don't always know what the hell one of my teachers says (she is a good teacher though) but the textbooks really helps
If ur confident and committed to work extra to catch up u should be fine
Good luck!
:smile:
Original post by Starlight2000
I do bio
What board do u do?
It's not too hard to catch up as we haven't actually done that much. I do OCR gateway spec A and don't always know what the hell one of my teachers says (she is a good teacher though) but the textbooks really helps
If ur confident and committed to work extra to catch up u should be fine
Good luck!
:smile:

Thankyou! They do AQA I just hope they let me swap
Original post by alleycat393
If you can make the change then it's probably realistic to say you can catch up. Good luck!

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest