The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Starting to really panic about the interview tomorrow. I'm so worried that if i don't get it I'll be stuck doing the job i'm currently doing and hating it.

Good luck mate, sure you won't need it though.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Good luck mate, sure you won't need it though.

Thank you man, long time no speak! I'll need all the luck and good juju in the world.
:grouphugs: for anyone who needs them :grouphugs:

Potentially last therapy appointment today. Finding out today whether I get any more sessions or not :hide:
Original post by furryface12
I hate stuff like this. My school was the same, and trying to kick me out of classes when the only lessons I'd missed were where i'd physically been in hospital. You're not letting anyone down though- do what you need to do and your health is a priority, and if possible prove them wrong!

Thanks, I needed that :hugs: I went out and finished the work I'd missed yesterday, so I only have a bit of catching up to do. He already knows I'm waiting on an SpLD assessment and I'm struggling with my essays because I need help, so hopefully everything comes through soon
Starting to really panic about the interview tomorrow. I'm so worried that if i don't get it I'll be stuck doing the job i'm currently doing and hating it.

Good luck! You have nothing to lose by trying, and there will always be other jobs you can apply for. You'll be okay :smile:

Original post by Pathway
Thank you. :hugs: How are you?

:hugs: struggling I guess but trying to keep going. Don't really know what's going on any more but that's maybe for the best. Who knows :redface:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Thanks, I needed that :hugs: I went out and finished the work I'd missed yesterday, so I only have a bit of catching up to do. He already knows I'm waiting on an SpLD assessment and I'm struggling with my essays because I need help, so hopefully everything comes through soon

Well done! Hope the assessment comes soon and something useful comes out of it, that sort of stuff can make a huge difference. Essays are horrible, never been able to do them :colondollar:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Thank you so much for your input :smile: your points have really helped me out when putting together the thread for Friday :hugs:

Sorry to hear how you have been feeling with your meds :frown: are you on a new medication or a stronger dose?

No worries! Glad I could help :smile:

Still on the citalopram but for the last week or so I've been ridiculously out of it. I missed a train last week even though I was on the platform, I just sat there as the train stopped then went off! It wasn't until about a minute later I realised what had happened. I've also become ridiculously forgetful - so much so I can't really read books or anything because I forget what I've just read. I definitely felt a bit zoned out to begin with but it seems the longer I've been on it the worse I've been even though all the other side effects have subsided.

Luckily I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. I basically said I can't go on like this as I've become a complete vegetable - the only things I seem to be able do now is stare at a TV screen or sleep and he agreed. Plus, it hasn't done anything for the mood or the OCD really yet and he said I should have noticed something by now. I'm coming off the citalopram and then being put on sertraline.

I'm just so sick of it all. Medication does nothing but screw me up - either it sends me loopy or turns me into a vegetable, I hate meds :cry:
Original post by Noodlzzz
So I googled my CCO who I'm meeting tomorrow and she's an OT.

Does anyone have an experience with this? All of my CCO's from the last 4 years have been CPNs so would be interested to hear from you guys :smile:*

When I was under the EIT, my key worker was an OT. I think the main difference I noticed between her and when I had a CPN was that she didn't really know about specific side effects of meds as much - which is weird because she worked for the EIT. :confused: Like I'd text her and would always get the response that she'll ask the psychiatrist; whereas the CPN seemed to know a fair bit more. Never really did anything related to OT with her, mostly we just went for banana milkshakes at McDonald's. :tongue:
Original post by Sabertooth
When I was under the EIT, my key worker was an OT. I think the main difference I noticed between her and when I had a CPN was that she didn't really know about specific side effects of meds as much - which is weird because she worked for the EIT. :confused: Like I'd text her and would always get the response that she'll ask the psychiatrist; whereas the CPN seemed to know a fair bit more. Never really did anything related to OT with her, mostly we just went for banana milkshakes at McDonald's. :tongue:

Haha McDonald's milkshakes sounds good!

I'm hoping she's more focused on recovery and getting me doing well at university being an OT than meds (I've stopped taking the fluoxetine by myself and want to stop the amisulpride at some point too) than past CPNs.

How is uni going?*
Haha McDonald's milkshakes sounds good!

I'm hoping she's more focused on recovery and getting me doing well at university being an OT than meds (I've stopped taking the fluoxetine by myself and want to stop the amisulpride at some point too) than past CPNs.

How is uni going?*

Yeah, I agree she might be more that way inclined because of her background. Are you still under the EIT?

Uni isn't going well. :frown: Got a test in 2 hours which I've been attempting to study for without much luck.
Hope this doesn't come across as gloating, because I don't mean it like that - just wanna share with you all because you've been so supportive and encouraging:

Am getting 12 more therapy sessions minimum :eek: :king1: :colondollar:

Maybe I can actually get better :redface:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hope this doesn't come across as gloating, because I don't mean it like that - just wanna share with you all because you've been so supportive and encouraging:

PRSOM :frown:

That's great news! All the best with your sessions :hugs:
Yeah, I agree she might be more that way inclined because of her background. Are you still under the EIT?

Uni isn't going well. :frown: Got a test in 2 hours which I've been attempting to study for without much luck.

CMHT for the past year 1 1/2 now as I was with EIS for 3 years (although may be going back to work there as an assistant psychologist, we shall see if I get an interview)

Sorry to hear that Saber :frown:*
I saw my GP again. Had a breakdown. Cried, laughed, cried some more and then had a panic attack. Been referred to Psychiatrist, put on a waiting list for CBT and been prescribed Sertraline and Valium. What a day.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

That's really, really great TLG. :five: Hope they're able to help you.
Haven't been here for a while. Met my new pychiatrist she's a junior doctor so can't change my medication without talking to my old pychiatrist. What was the point of leaving my old pychiatrist who I dislike for her junior doctor who has no power. Anyway she seems nice but she said I should see it from the doctors perspective in treating me. When really she should be putting herself in the patients perspective. Anyway she said she will see if I can go on aripripazole since clopixol has the worst side effects of any medication. My new care coordinator is nice she listens and wants me to go to the gym with her but I'm so self conscious but I might go to the museum with her just to get out of the house.

Hope everyone is doing well. 😊
I saw my GP again. Had a breakdown. Cried, laughed, cried some more and then had a panic attack. Been referred to Psychiatrist, put on a waiting list for CBT and been prescribed Sertraline and Valium. What a day.

:frown:

Have you been on Sertraline before?
Found this so useful! I have just gone back into education as an access student (hoping to be a mental health nurse). It's a big workload and my heart rate has reached 119bpm at one point. After dealing with depression and GAD for several years I know when to slow down and ask for help, but often feel patronised so it is really nice to see others supporting one another. :smile: x
CMHT for the past year 1 1/2 now as I was with EIS for 3 years (although may be going back to work there as an assistant psychologist, we shall see if I get an interview)

Sorry to hear that Saber :frown:*

Getting that kind of opportunity would be awesome but I'm not sure how I'd feel about working with people who used to treat me. Is it not something that worries you?
Getting that kind of opportunity would be awesome but I'm not sure how I'd feel about working with people who used to treat me. Is it not something that worries you?

No it's a different team, sorry should have explained. I was with the team in a different part of London so won't know anyone here if I get it.
No it's a different team, sorry should have explained. I was with the team in a different part of London so won't know anyone here if I get it.

Oh ok, that would be a lot less awkward :tongue:

Hope you get the job - I think working with the EIT would be pretty rewarding. Especially if the patients you get like milkshake :biggrin: (I would get so fat :colondollar: ).

Latest