The Student Room Group

School trip I want to go to and the girls hate me!:(

Hi I'm in year 13 and there is a school trip to Italy in March. I really want to go but I heard a few girls talk about me saying they don't want me to go because they think I smelt bad on the previous trip which I admit I did! This made me really sad and insecure and ever since I've made sure I do not smell always wearing perfume and making sure I smell extra nice but these girls still don't like me. To my face they are nice and not rude but behind my back they still say rude things. I really want to go to the trip what should I do? I feel like approaching them and asking them if they have a problem with me but I really don't know a lot of the girls have said they're not going but I found out they were lying and just didn't want me to go!
Someone please help do I go or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cathartic
Someone please help do I go or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** them tbh, go and enjoy your trip. Don't let a few idiots ruin your time.
Original post by Gatewaymerge
**** them tbh, go and enjoy your trip. Don't let a few idiots ruin your time.

go for it, by the sound of you want to go, so go.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I'm in year 13 and there is a school trip to Italy in March. I really want to go but I heard a few girls talk about me saying they don't want me to go because they think I smelt bad on the previous trip which I admit I did! This made me really sad and insecure and ever since I've made sure I do not smell always wearing perfume and making sure I smell extra nice but these girls still don't like me. To my face they are nice and not rude but behind my back they still say rude things. I really want to go to the trip what should I do? I feel like approaching them and asking them if they have a problem with me but I really don't know a lot of the girls have said they're not going but I found out they were lying and just didn't want me to go!
Wow, it really is a shame that these girls are in year 13 and yet they're still so childish. I'd say go on the trip - it will be very fun, and you'd most likely regret it if you didn't
You kinda make it sound like you're going for them :L
GO :biggrin: it'll give you a chance to relax before things get tough, and if you're lucky you'll meet new people on the trip
Original post by Anonymous

You should definitely go, just hang around other people. When I went to a school trip to France in year 11, there was 6-7 girls who couldn't stand me. I just ignored them. Also, not trying to be rude here, and apologies if you do this anyway, but perfume alone doesn't make you smell nice. Washing is waaaaay more important. Again, no offence intended.
You're gonna have people who hate you no matter what. Don't let this stop you from going and enjoying yourself. The more you become content with yourself, the less you need to rely on others opinions of you. Caring what people think of you will just lead to a life of disaster and missed opportunities. You will be criticised no matter what, so just say **** it, let the insults roll off you and have a blast.

Quick Reply