The Student Room Group

Flatmate heard me having sex? What should I do

I've had sex only around 3 times since I moved into halls a few months ago. She's told me she's heard me have sex (awkward) I understand it obviously won't have been pleasant for her but I also want to feel comfortable in the flat as much as she does. I mean it's not as if I do it every night...

She's quite funny about any of our flat mates having boys over, she said that we have to tell her before we have any male over because she wears a headscarf which is fair enough but she won't give us her number or Facebook etc for us to tell her beforehand. She's in her room 90% of the time so I don't really know what to do.

Anyone had this problem with flat mates hearing you have sex?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daniellee0
I've had sex only around 3 times since I moved into halls a few months ago. She's told me she's heard me have sex (awkward) I understand it obviously won't have been pleasant for her but I also want to feel comfortable in the flat as much as she does. I mean it's not as if I do it every night...

She's quite funny about any of our flat mates having boys over, she said that we have to tell her before we have any male over because she wears a headscarf which is fair enough but she won't give us her number or Facebook etc for us to tell her beforehand. She's in her room 90% of the time so I don't really know what to do.

Were you loud you think? Do the other flatmates have sex with their bfs over there? Maybe ask other flatmates... or try to be less loud :biggrin:
She won't give us her number or Facebook etc for us to tell her beforehand.

She doesn't give it or you haven't asked?
If you aren't being loud sounds like shes expecting you to bend over backwards bc of her religious beliefs. She knew what to expect in uni halls :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by lawlieto
Were you loud you think? Do the other flatmates have sex with their bfs over there? Maybe ask other flatmates... or try to be less loud :biggrin:

No was quiet so no one would hear but my bed is squeaky so maybe she heard that!

Rest of my flat mates all have boyfriends too
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Gatewaymerge
She doesn't give it or you haven't asked?

We've asked a few times, everyone in our flat except her are all in a group chat
Reply 6
Original post by PrinceHarrys
If you aren't being loud sounds like shes expecting you to bend over backwards bc of her religious beliefs. She knew what to expect in uni halls :rolleyes:

Yeah I thought that! I didn't wanna be inconsiderate though but she's making it out like I should never have sex ever haha
Lol ' only 3 times'
I sounds like shes expecting you to bend over backwards

Bad turn of phrase :biggrin:
Well its not like you can go back in time and change what she heard so there really is nothing you can do. She seems difficult if she can't even give a phone number or a contact, how else are you suppose to let her know or does she just assume you all will not bring anyone over because of her? And if she wants to be difficult then she'll just have to put up with it and besides she can't make the rules for everyone, its all about compromising.
Yeah I thought that! I didn't wanna be inconsiderate though but she's making it out like I should never have sex ever haha

Maybe get your bed fixed anyway? I'm working at a live in job and mine is squeaky too. :lol:

But if she starts trying to push you have to put your foot down. I know it doesnt sound like a big deal but sometimes religious flat mates or landlords can be trouble. They try to push their views on you :s-smilie:

Reality Check

Bad turn of phrase

Lmao I knew someone would mention that!

[video="youtube;TYqev6jpM6s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqev6jpM6s[/video]
Reply 11
Don't moan so loud next time then or get a bed that doesn't creak too much.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lol ' only 3 times'

Yeah I don't have him over all the time is the point I was trying to make haha
Yeah I don't have him over all the time is the point I was trying to make haha

Oh it's 1 person , i assumed it was different people. That's pretty infrequent for a uni student i guess. If the sex you have is very loud then i'd be annoyed if i could hear it through headphones.

I understand it might be somewhat embarrassing on your behalf, but lots of people have sex in halls, and, given their construction, this is sometimes audible to those outside of the room. Obviously it's courteous to not make excessive noise, but people are going to have sex and most people manage to deal with it.
You don't need to do anything! You've not done anything wrong. *
3 different guys?
Maybe get your bed fixed anyway? I'm working at a live in job and mine is squeaky too. :lol:

But if she starts trying to push you have to put your foot down. I know it doesnt sound like a big deal but sometimes religious flat mates or landlords can be trouble. They try to push their views on you :s-smilie:

Lmao I knew someone would mention that!

[video="youtube;TYqev6jpM6s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqev6jpM6s[/video]

Our landlord is rubbish! I'd fix it myself if I knew how because even if I'm not having sex rolling over to the other side of the bed makes so much noise!
@daniellee0 maybe try tightening the screws? I read that might work. By your landlord do you mean the halls team btw? If you ask they should fix stuff just keep bugging them lol.

Smack
I understand it might be somewhat embarrassing on your behalf, but lots of people have sex in halls, and, given their construction, this is sometimes audible to those outside of the room. Obviously it's courteous to not make excessive noise, but people are going to have sex and most people manage to deal with it.

Would be EXTREMELY surprised, if Ops flatmates "religious beliefs" had nothing to do with this.

She obviously has a phone. So why can't she give it to her flatmates so they let her know when a guy's coming round (even just a male friend which is common! Are they meant to knock on her door every time a male friend is round)? It's bc shes difficult thats why.

Quick Reply

Latest