The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yesterday we marched through marble arch in central London, all the way into oxford street before stopping outside Downing Street.

And whilst marching i found a beautiful, but poignant thought entered my mind:

Oxford Street, and central London in general, is full of materialism. Love of self. Love of items. Expensive property, skylines, and just the dunya.

Yet, in the march, through the heart of materialism, a selfless sacrifice, one done not for the dunya, but purely for the sake of Allah azwj tore through the heart of everyone simply occupied with the world. The banner of Islam, through the sacrifice of the Grandson of Rasulullah s.a.w

And, perhaps for a moment, perhaps a minute, perhaps much longer than this, people paused and took a step back outside their day to day lives, and reflected on something deeper.

Perhaps , through the march, some hearts will be awoken to Islam, to the message of Muhammed s.a.w, as preserved by his loyal companions and Ahlulbayt.

And, now the aftermath of Kerbala unfolds.

We find one of the commanders of Yazid, the son of Muawiyah, the son of Abu Sufiyan playing with the head of the grandson of Rasullulah s.a.w

Taken from Bukhari:

Anas bin Malik said, "The head of Al-Husain was brought to 'Ubaidullah bin Ziyad and was put in a tray, and then Ibn Ziyad started playing with a stick at the nose and mouth of Al-Husain's head and saying something about his handsome features." Anas then said (to him), "Al-Husain resembled the Prophet more than the others did." Anas added, "His (i.e. Al-Husain's) hair was dyed with Wasma (i.e. a kind of plant used as a dye).

Ibn Ziyad was one of the highest ranking men under the tyrant Yazid. One can clearly see the lack of remorse or even fear at what he had done. Ofcourse, such are the actions of a man who has only done what his caliph has commanded him, and hence feels no fear or punishment - and he was never punished or held to account by Yazid either. You don't just kill one of the most highly revered and known men by accident. It is a plotted massacre, commanded from the top down.

O Rasullulah. Barely decades pass after your death, and the caliph who sits where you sat has caused the decapitation and beheading of the grandson who was the apple of your eye, and the leader of the youths of jannah.

When Jibra'eel a.s brought to you the soil from Kerbala and forewarned the death of Hussain a.s, it broke your heart and tears poured from your eyes.

What breaks your heart, breaks my heart.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
My friend was in London and he got a waffle I've never seen seen before:

What is this bidah? :hmmm:
Original post by HAnwar

It's like an hour long. Probs take me a week to watch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's why I said only the first 10 minutes should be enough :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Al-farhan
Chicken waffle sounds amazing.

You live in London. Go try it :yes:

Original post by Zamestaneh
What is this bidah? :hmmm:

One which salafis can eat :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't be ridiculous now brother.
Every school boy around the muslim world learns about the two grandsons of the prophet pbuh and love for them is instilled in every child.
Evidence for this being the hundreds of millions of sunni muslims named and naming their children Hassan and Hussain.

Baseless pointless statements like this really get on my nerve.
Apologies if the tone in my post is harsh.

Lol reminds me of all them Hussain surnames in school. So many.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting post I saw on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/abdullah.andalusi/posts/10154045683637517

Today we are reminded of sad events. A Tyrant of Syria butchered with impunity, innocent Muslims who dared to oppose his tyranny - and he was helped to do so by the support of some Iraqis who previously declared they would never support Tyrants, then they changed their colour when they were tested.

Am I talking about Bashar al Assad, or Yazid? If you can't tell who I'm referring to, then remind those who apparently condemn the latter while supporting the former.

Those who were recruited from Iraq to join Bashar's militias argue as an excuse that 'Bashar al Assad is the better option for stability'. How would that be any different to the excuses of the Iraqi Kufans who sided with Yazid against the Prophet Muhammed's (saaw) grandson, Hussein (Karam Allah wajhu)? They too picked who they thought would be the 'stronger' side (pragmatically).

Of course, pro-Bashar people usually naively argue that Bashar is 'better' because he 'stands against the designs of America in the region'. Really? So when he was gladly torturing victims of rendition on behalf of the CIA [1], he was 'standing against America'? In fact, Syria has had a history of cordial relations with the US, including even joining the American coalition against Saddam Hussein [2]. Other arguments also fall down upon closer scrutiny [3], and Syria's ally, Iran, has also had a relationship with the US, including receiving weapons given by the US VIA ISRAEL to fight against Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war [4].

In fact, a significant dissimilarity between Yazid and Bashar does exist. Yazid actually fought against Roman aggression and wouldn't let them interfere in internal Muslim affairs, nor invite outside powers to massacre Muslims, despite being also involved in a civil war with (Sahabi) Abdullah bin al Zubayr. Bashar al Assad simply can't say the same.

For all those who defend Bashar al Assad, you forfeit any right to condemn Yazid. Publicly condemning a historical figure is always easy to do, he has no state propaganda apparatus remaining to mislead you, no complex list of policies currently that may coincide with some of your interests, no powerful allies, and his armies are no longer around to threaten anyone. However, Allah (swt) tests you with figures who are around right now - and who do similar things, and those who fail to condemn them now, would've probably done no different during the time of Yazid too...

Some food for thought this day of Ashoura.
On the authority of Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه who said:

❝A man came to the Prophet [ﷺ] said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah! Which of the people are the most beloved to Allaah and which of the actions are most beloved to Allaah?’

The Messenger of Allaah [ﷺ] said: ‘The most beloved of the people to Allaah are the most beneficial for the people. The most beloved of actions to Allaah [عز و جل] are to cause happiness to reach a Muslim, to relieve him from a hardship, to settle a debt for a Muslim or to repel hunger from him. For me to walk with a brother in order to assist him is more beloved to me than to make ‘Itikaf in this Masjid [Masjid al-Madeenah] for a month.

Whoever holds back his anger then Allaah hides his mistakes. Whoever suppresses his anger even though he is not scared to show it, but withholds due to the truth Allaah fills his heart with hope on the day of Judgement.

Whoever walks with his brother to assist him with a need until he has helped him completely, then Allaah plants his feet firmly on the day people will not stand firmly. Indeed bad behaviour spoils good actions, just as vinegar spoils honey.’❞

[Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah of Shaykh Al-Albaani, (No. 906) | Translated By Abbas Abu Yahya Miraath al-Anbiyya]
Lol reminds me of all them Hussain surnames in school. So many.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have uncles named Ali, Hussain and Hassan.
Ali being the eldest :eek:
I have uncles named Ali, Hussain and Hassan.
Ali being the eldest :eek:

Someone named them strategically :lol:
Original post by Tawheed
Yesterday we marched through marble arch in central London, all the way into oxford street before stopping outside Downing Street.

And whilst marching i found a beautiful, but poignant thought entered my mind:

Oxford Street, and central London in general, is full of materialism. Love of self. Love of items. Expensive property, skylines, and just the dunya.

Yet, in the march, through the heart of materialism, a selfless sacrifice, one done not for the dunya, but purely for the sake of Allah azwj tore through the heart of everyone simply occupied with the world. The banner of Islam, through the sacrifice of the Grandson of Rasulullah s.a.w

And, perhaps for a moment, perhaps a minute, perhaps much longer than this, people paused and took a step back outside their day to day lives, and reflected on something deeper.

Perhaps , through the march, some hearts will be awoken to Islam, to the message of Muhammed s.a.w, as preserved by his loyal companions and Ahlulbayt.

I knew I wasn't seeing things lol

That's why I said only the first 10 minutes should be enough Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a lot of things you say that I don't listen to

Spoiler

The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: ‘The salvation of a ‘Momin’ (the Believer) lies in the preservation of his tongue’

نجاة المؤمن في حفظ لسانه

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ]

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar

There's a lot of things you say that I don't listen to

Spoiler

Reminds me of the stories of the hypocrites who didn't listen to the Muslims.

Spoiler

Reminds me of the stories of the hypocrites who didn't listen to the Muslims.

Spoiler

Were you the protagonist in those stories?
#owned

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Were you the protagonist in those stories?
#owned

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't protagonist like the lead character. The Muslims were always the lead characters in those stories coz the munafiqs can never hold more prominence than the Muslims :teehee:
So thanks HAnwar. I appreciate you think so highly of me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Isn't protagonist like the lead character. The Muslims were always the lead characters in those stories coz the munafiqs can never hold more prominence than the Muslims :teehee:

More like leader of the munafiqs. Nice try :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

But If I'm a leader of the munafiqs and I have an Isoc deputy rank, does that means you're the common munafiq coz you're a member of Isoc? Damn HAnwar you just cussed yourself and everyone else too. :ninja:
(edited 7 years ago)
But If I'm a leader of the munafiqs and I have an Isoc deputy rank, that means you're the common munafiq coz you're a member of Isoc. Damn HAnwar you just cussed yourself and everyone else too :ninja:

Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

What he meant is that the definition of protagonist is to be a leading characterr on the good side of a story, whereas antagonist is the bad one who works against the protagonist - so in Islamic history, the Muslimoon are most often the protagonists, and the munafiqoon and kafiroon are the antagonists - meaning if you call Ideas the protagonist, it means you think he is a swell lad, rishta material, top quality Akh, etc

Both of you, bas kar :naughty:

:toofunny:

Original post by Zamestaneh

Both of you
, bas kar :naughty:

Supreme leader, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Latest

Trending

Trending