Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by difeo
Leagues obviously exist

Can confirm the existence of leagues
Original post by Anonymous
Then when it comes to girls I have no idea who is in my league

hold up

Somebody being "in your league" implies two things, namely that everybody's opinion on looks is the same and thus looks are objective facts, and that assuming this objectivity to be true there is also an implication that attractive people will only be able to become romantically involved with folk that are the same level of attractiveness.

With regards to the first point, looks clearly aren't objective fact as if they were there would be no banterous debates about who's fit among my friendship groups. Even if they were, I know a guy who I think isn't that good looking, and he's in a 3 year relationship with one of the prettiest girls I know imo, implicating that even if looks were some form of objective fact, leagues are still bs.

Now, with it established that leagues are an incoherent concept, all you need to do is be confident in yourself so you can start chasing dem womens. This could wellinvolve doing some work to put your bod in a state that you yourself consider attractive (usual methods tend to involve becoming some form of insane gymlad, I believe), and that's generally a good idea as it helps you to convince yourself that some girls somewhere will find you a peng ting. But regardless of what you do, some girls somewhere will be attracted to you due to the errant subjectivity of the whole subject. This works the other way of course, some girls are gonna be not interested regardless of how good you end up perceiving yourself to be. So if you get a few rejections chill tf out and don't let it knock you, it doesn't mean you're objectively awful.

TL;DR
-Leagues are a load of arse
-Build confidence and chase booty
-Eventually you will somebody attracted to your dumb ass no matter how you look, providing you've got confidence in yourself and you're not a baby killing mass murderer

good luck have fun
Original post by Retired_Messiah
hold up

Somebody being "in your league" implies two things, namely that everybody's opinion on looks is the same and thus looks are objective facts, and that assuming this objectivity to be true there is also an implication that attractive people will only be able to become romantically involved with folk that are the same level of attractiveness.

With regards to the first point, looks clearly aren't objective fact as if they were there would be no banterous debates about who's fit among my friendship groups. Even if they were, I know a guy who I think isn't that good looking, and he's in a 3 year relationship with one of the prettiest girls I know imo, implicating that even if looks were some form of objective fact, leagues are still bs.

Now, with it established that leagues are an incoherent concept, all you need to do is be confident in yourself so you can start chasing dem womens. This could wellinvolve doing some work to put your bod in a state that you yourself consider attractive (usual methods tend to involve becoming some form of insane gymlad, I believe), and that's generally a good idea as it helps you to convince yourself that some girls somewhere will find you a peng ting. But regardless of what you do, some girls somewhere will be attracted to you due to the errant subjectivity of the whole subject. This works the other way of course, some girls are gonna be not interested regardless of how good you end up perceiving yourself to be. So if you get a few rejections chill tf out and don't let it knock you, it doesn't mean you're objectively awful.

TL;DR
-Leagues are a load of arse
-Build confidence and chase booty
-Eventually you will somebody attracted to your dumb ass no matter how you look, providing you've got confidence in yourself and you're not a baby killing mass murderer

good luck have fun

Alright so the league thing isn't just based off general attractiveness right I see hot girls with average guys all the time and that's fine. It's based on the previous dating history of the girls I like and all are great girls, confident obviously, but they're not idiots and they're genuine people I've liked on a deeper level than just "alright shes fit". And they all go for the taller, generic cardboard cutout alpha guy who uses them and they cry and rinse, repeat. And it sucks, there's people out there that will genuinely care about them. Yeah works both ways but I'm not that shallow, I've fancied girls in the past my friends have been baffled with me before.

But 100% agree with the second point, where we're both coming from.

And can agree with all that, taking steps to bettering myself and rejection won't get to me long term and I won't see it as a personal attack cause I'll find someone better at the end of the day. But when you like people and they'd rather go for the guy they'll get hurt by it's just a bit :s-smilie:.
Wanna keep this short but I feel like when I'm with friends I'm an extrovert, I'm always the most alive in the conversation, always cracking jokes, making people laugh etc. but I can be serious and offer good advice... then in lessons I kinda come off as an introvert even though when I speak to people I make good conversation and always keep a confident vibe. I just feel as though cause I'm a smaller guy and cause I'm pale/nerdy looking people think I'm an introvert and a pushover, in fact from experience I can say this is true.

Then when it comes to girls I have no idea who is in my league cause I've never bothered to ask anyone out, I always fear I'll be shot down for the looks even though I'll treat a girl well, make great conversation, make them laugh. Basically feel like my looks prejudice who I really am and it frustrates, trust me. Anyone else feel the same way or can offer any advice on what to do about it and girls? Haven't kept it short now have I but oh well even if no one answers it's nice to vent x

I don't think there is such things as leagues as its all subjective. To be honest you need to make sure you are not insecure, you thinking your looks put you at a disadvantage is insecurity.

I think girls are more turned off by insecurity.

But what do I know?
But when you like people and they'd rather go for the guy they'll get hurt by it's just a bit :s-smilie:.

I understand the feelings behind this point, but in reality if you think hard and flip it around you don't date a girl purely because you believe she'd treat you the best. You can't get yourself down about that sort of things because there's not much you can really do about it, people like what they like unfortunately.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I understand the feelings behind this point, but in reality if you think hard and flip it around you don't date a girl purely because you believe she'd treat you the best. You can't get yourself down about that sort of things because there's not much you can really do about it, people like what they like unfortunately.

That's true but it's often "girls like to be protected and cared for, guys like to protect and care for". Traditional view maybe but you hear it all the time from girls. I agree people like what they like, not gonna contest it, but when they like getting hurt over and over again it just leaves me a little bemused.
Original post by SuperHuman98
I don't think there is such things as leagues as its all subjective. To be honest you need to make sure you are not insecure, you thinking your looks put you at a disadvantage is insecurity.

I think girls are more turned off by insecurity.

But what do I know?

It's insecurity I keep inside. I know there's things to improve on but I know I was given the roll of the dice I was given and that's fine but can leave me a little insecure. On the outside I try and present myself in the best light. With a girl in my life I know they'll diffuse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending