The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2017 - offers

I have decided to create this thread, so we are aware of the universities that have started giving out offers for economics. Please reply with your offer and the university.
Reply 1
Currently I am aware of the following giving out offers for economics:
Bath
Bristol
Manchester
Reply 2
Hi,
I've got an offer from Bath. I know someone with an economics offer from Surrey too
A*AA Nottingham
Original post by domaths
Hi,
I've got an offer from Bath. I know someone with an economics offer from Surrey too

If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicteds and current AS's? Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by kenzomorris
If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicteds and current AS's? Thanks

Sure, I didn't do reformed AS and did A2 maths in y12 (doing further maths A2 now) so basically I've achieved A* in maths then I'm predicted A*A*A in further maths, economics and computing.

I also did global perspectives last year and got an M1 which means Bath lowered my offer to AAA rather than A*AA (they do same for an A in EPQ I think)
Reply 6
Original post by domaths
Hi,

When did you apply?
Reply 7
Original post by jamestg
When did you apply?

27th September recieved offer October 5th :smile:
Reply 8
Offer from Nottingham AAA😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offered AAA from Surrey and AAB from Loughborough! Really nervous as my heart is set on Bath, also applied to Exeter and Oxford.
got an offer from manchester !!
Got an offed from Warwick a week after applying. Still waiting to hear from LSE, UCL, Bath and Exeter.
I know LSE and UCL take a month to apply but I'm worried about not having heard from bath. I applied on 3/11
Original post by KaashniM
Got an offed from Warwick a week after applying. Still waiting to hear from LSE, UCL, Bath and Exeter.
I know LSE and UCL take a month to apply but I'm worried about not having heard from bath. I applied on 3/11

A kevel stats?
Original post by Youngkeynes
A kevel stats?

I don't study A levels
I know someone with offers from Kent, Plymouth, Oxford Brookes and Royal Holloway.

I know another with offers from Bath, Exeter (I think), and Bristol.
Original post by Youngkeynes
A kevel stats?

But I just googled the A level equivalent grades and it's A*AA.
I have offers from Bath, Warwick and Exeter. Still waiting for LSE and UCL. Anyone got an offer from UCL yet?
Original post by KaashniM
I have offers from Bath, Warwick and Exeter. Still waiting for LSE and UCL. Anyone got an offer from UCL yet?

Congratulations on your offers! I am a second year International Management student here at the University of Bath, and really enjoy my time here. I would certainly encourage you to attend one of our offer holder days if you are able to, you will receive an invite to one shortly if you haven't already. If you have any other questions do feel free to leave us a message on our TSR forum.

Hayden
Reply 18
Offer received for Economics at Exeter: IB 36 OR 666 at HL. Does it mean: either 36 overall whatever the HL results ( could be 665 for example) OR 666 at HL and the overall IB score could be lower? Not quite sure how to understand the offer. What do you think?

Other offers received so far for Economics:
Bristol IB 38 - 666 HL, 7 SL maths.
Durham: IB 38 - 18 at HL, 7 SL maths, 5 SL English OR IB 38, 18 at HL, 5 at SL Engl and A at A level maths.
Waiting to hear from Bath and Warwick.

Safely predicted by the school: IB 38-39 with 766 at HL ( Economics, Physics, History).
Original post by Isawahk
Offer received for Economics at Exeter: IB 36 OR 666 at HL. Does it mean: either 36 overall whatever the HL results ( could be 665 for example) OR 666 at HL and the overall IB score could be lower? Not quite sure how to understand the offer. What do you think?

Other offers received so far for Economics:
Bristol IB 38 - 666 HL, 7 SL maths.
Durham: IB 38 - 18 at HL, 7 SL maths, 5 SL English OR IB 38, 18 at HL, 5 at SL Engl and A at A level maths.
Waiting to hear from Bath and Warwick.

Safely predicted by the school: IB 38-39 with 766 at HL ( Economics, Physics, History).

Yes Exeter seems to be giving this kind of offers this year. Either 36 overall regardless of HLs or 666 HLs regardless of overall score.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest