The Student Room Group

people seem shocked im a virgin

so when people ask me ive had sex before, mostly guys their responses are 'tell the truth' 'really?' 'so youve never slept with a guy before?' 'are you sure' 'why not?

why?
Because you don't seem 'innocent'? It could be to do with age too, ie if you're mid twenties it's probably less usual to be a virgin.
Reply 2
Original post by Precious Illusions
Because you don't seem 'innocent'? It could be to do with age too, ie if you're mid twenties it's probably less usual to be a virgin.

im 19
Reply 3
Is that really a problem though? I mean, are you happy being a virgin? You don't need to worry if people are judging you for being a virgin. I'd just brush it off, it's not something to be concerned with imo.
Options:
-They thought you were just the type of outgoing personality that was able to get a lot of shreksual action, and thus assumed that you would've acted on that power
-They thought you were hella pretty/fit/positive-adjective-of-choice
-They were under the assumption that the vast majority of people your age are none-virgins and so assumed that its the norm to have done the act once or twice.

Not sure why it's a sort of big deal you need to make threads on the internet about tho...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
Is that really a problem though? I mean, are you happy being a virgin? You don't need to worry if people are judging you for being a virgin. I'd just brush it off, it's not something to be concerned with imo.

its not that people judge me, i like being a virgin it doesnt bother me. just curious

Original post by Retired_Messiah
Options:
-They thought you were just the type of outgoing personality that was able to get a let of shreksual action, and thus assumed that you would've acted on that power
-They thought you were hella pretty/fit/positive-adjective-of-choice
-They were under the assumption that the vast majority of people your age are none-virgins and so assumed that its the norm to have done the act once or twice.

Not sure why it's a sort of big deal you need to make threads on the internet about tho...

im a person who overthinks everything lol
Well I am one too and I intend to remain so ~
Honestly theres nothing wrong with you being a virgin. If anything it shows you're not like the others and don't sleep with random people and have random ONS. Ignore them.
I don't even know why they're asking you. It doesn't make a difference whether you are a virgin or not.

I actually lost my virginity on a one night stand. It wasn't the status change that bothered me, but the fact that I would have much preferred to wait for someone who I feel a deep connection with as it was a very void experience.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
im 19

This right here answers your question...

Next!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending