The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrownEyedHijabi
Hi, thanks so much for replying x What were the interviews like and is there lots to do in Surrey?

Hey!

It's really crucial you identify what type of interview the university has! Such as for the year I was applying, Surrey had MMI (Multiple Mini interviews) and Leeds had a group and a one on one interview. Once you know that, you can tailor to how you will prepare. I wrote some pointers in a previous reply so check that out!

Surrey isn't too bad in terms of social life, has a great reputation for the course which is a great positive! There are things to do in Guildford are to get into London isn't too far either :smile:

Feel free to ask anymore questions should you have any!
Reply 101
Original post by ccity99
What grades is everyone being predicted? Is anyone applying to just nutrition bsc courses as well as nutrition and dietetics?

I'm only applying to Nutrition and Dietetics :smile:
Reply 102
Have you guys sent your application yet? I sent mine this morning :smile:
Hey!

I'm applying for a nutrition degree, not dietetics. So I don't know if I'm any help, but here's my post :smile:

I've applied to Nottingham, Newcastle, Leeds, Surrey and Reading. My predicted grades are ABB and I'm doing the EPQ. I've had an offer from Surrey and I sent off my application a week ago :smile:
Original post by hatcs001
Hey!

I'm applying for a nutrition degree, not dietetics. So I don't know if I'm any help, but here's my post :smile:

I've applied to Nottingham, Newcastle, Leeds, Surrey and Reading. My predicted grades are ABB and I'm doing the EPQ. I've had an offer from Surrey and I sent off my application a week ago :smile:

Hey, some ppl are applying to both courses so its fine. Lots of people are doing an EPQ but I'm not, its made me really worried lol and wow thts really quick congrats! Which uni is your first choice btw x
Original post by Manisha__06
Hey!

It's really crucial you identify what type of interview the university has! Such as for the year I was applying, Surrey had MMI (Multiple Mini interviews) and Leeds had a group and a one on one interview. Once you know that, you can tailor to how you will prepare. I wrote some pointers in a previous reply so check that out!

Surrey isn't too bad in terms of social life, has a great reputation for the course which is a great positive! There are things to do in Guildford are to get into London isn't too far either :smile:

Thank you so much. Btw what made you choose to accept Surrey and how long after you sent your application did you hear back from them x
Original post by ccity99
What grades is everyone being predicted? Is anyone applying to just nutrition bsc courses as well as nutrition and dietetics?

I'm only applying to nutrition and dietetics hbu? What are your uni choices?
Thank you so much. Btw what made you choose to accept Surrey and how long after you sent your application did you hear back from them x

Not a problem! It's a shame not many universities do the course, nonetheless Surrey is highly ranked and regarded for the course which is always a bonus (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Food+Science). Apart from educational reasons, Campus is pretty and I am from London so near family and London is a great social scene if that is something you are taking into consideration. So far I'm enjoying my time here and I'm sure you will too! Everyone is lovely, including the lecturers!

When I sent off my application I heard back from them not too long after, post interview I heard back a couple of days after with a conditional offer (I did a foundation year at Sheffield Hallam University).

Feel free to message me on any questions you have!
I've just got back from the Coventry Uni open day the nhs funding is being taken away they are now turning the course into 3 years instead of 4. Does anyone know if any of the other universities are doing the same?
Original post by hollyfoodchemist
I've just got back from the Coventry Uni open day the nhs funding is being taken away they are now turning the course into 3 years instead of 4. Does anyone know if any of the other universities are doing the same?

Hi, how was the coventry open day? And is there lots to do it in the city, I'm trying to decide between Leeds Beckett and Coventry. On UCAS, it says Leeds Beckett is 3 years and I think Surrey is as well. I've heard Chester might be changing as well but I'm not sure if its for 2017 entry.
Coventry confirmed it was for 2017 - they're not cutting anything though they're just going to eat into holiday time. I know Coventry well it is a nice city (despite it's reputation!) the university is situated in and around the cathedral which makes a nice setting, there's plenty of restaurants, bars, shops and there's quite a lot of opportunities to do things through the university as well. If you're considering Coventry it may be worth just going and having a 'feel' for the city.
Original post by hollyfoodchemist
Coventry confirmed it was for 2017 - they're not cutting anything though they're just going to eat into holiday time. I know Coventry well it is a nice city (despite it's reputation!) the university is situated in and around the cathedral which makes a nice setting, there's plenty of restaurants, bars, shops and there's quite a lot of opportunities to do things through the university as well. If you're considering Coventry it may be worth just going and having a 'feel' for the city.

Thanks for letting me know. Where else are you applying btw?
I'm applying to Kings, Nottingham, Coventry, Cardiff and I've thrown in Chester but I'm not too fussed about that one. Not sure what my favourite is tbh think I will wait until (if) I get offers and make more of a decision then. Sending off my application this week :biggrin: So exciting!!!
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
I applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Kings, Cardiff Met and London met. I withdrew from London + Cardiff met as I didn't actually like them and put them down as a rash decision.

I originally wanted to go to Nottingham but visiting the campus I didn't like how isolated it was and I didn't get an offer for dietetics anyway.

I firmed surrey because of its location, because it's the best uni for dietetics and because it's such a lovely uni! I insured kings as it was my other offer for dietetics, not that I wanted to go there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long after applying sending your UCAS did you hear back inviting you for an interview?
Reply 114
I sent my application last friday and I've now had acknowledgement e-mails from all 5 unis but nothing else yet :smile:
Original post by Manisha__06
Hey!

How do you find out what type of interview the uni is doing?
just sent off my application....and now for nervous anticipation......:ahhhhh::dong::pcguru::please:
How do you find out what type of interview the uni is doing?

Hey!

Best to find out from the university website, they usually have a description of what to expect or/and an outline of the day of the interview. You could check out student forums but I wouldn't solely rely on that as interview layouts can change every year! If you're really struggling to find out perhaps giving them an email or call. The team are always so helpful and that's for all universities!

All the best!
Hi everyone, I understand this isn't the best place to post this as it is slightly irrelevant but I feel that this is where I will find people who understand how realistic this is. I began year 12 6 weeks ago and figured out one week ago that I wanted to go into dietetics/nutrition. However, my A levels are geography, psychology and PE and I didn't take biology. Is it worth swapping now and attempting to catch up (they've covered cells, carbohydrates and began lipids) or am I still unlikely to get onto a degree course with geography pe and biology.
If you are definitely sure you want to do nutrition/dietetics. Some courses want you to have biology or chemistry or even both so make sure you know your options. But if you are sure you definitely want to do it, go for it. There will be quite a bit to catch up on though x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest