The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
What he meant is that the definition of protagonist is to be a leading characterr on the good side of a story, whereas antagonist is the bad one who works against the protagonist - so in Islamic history, the Muslimoon are most often the protagonists, and the munafiqoon and kafiroon are the antagonists - meaning if you call Ideas the protagonist, it means you think he is a swell lad, rishta material, top quality Akh, etc

Both of you
, bas kar :naughty:

Is muslim-moon the muslim sister of sailor-moon
Original post by IdeasForLife
But If I'm a leader of the munafiqs and I have an Isoc deputy rank, does that means you're the common munafiq coz you're a member of Isoc? Damn HAnwar you just cussed yourself and everyone else too. :ninja:

'...and if he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil, insulting manner.' (Signs of a munafiq Bukhari)

Point proven :rolleyes:
Original post by Al-farhan

Ok ok I'll stop.

What he meant is that the definition of protagonist is to be a leading characterr on the good side of a story, whereas antagonist is the bad one who works against the protagonist - so in Islamic history, the Muslimoon are most often the protagonists, and the munafiqoon and kafiroon are the antagonists - meaning if you call Ideas the protagonist, it means you think he is a swell lad, rishta material, top quality Akh, etc

Both of you
, bas kar :naughty:
Whose side are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Supreme leader, please accept my sincerest apologies.

If you aren't careful I'll have you gagged and chained to the pillars of a shrine where you can live the rest of your sectarian days listening to visitors calling upon the inhabitant of the grave :hmmm:
Is muslim-moon the muslim sister of sailor-moon

Who dat :ninja:
Original post by HAnwar
'...and if he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil, insulting manner.' (Signs of a munafiq Bukhari)

Point proven :rolleyes:

Loool this was a pretty good comeback. Well done.
Reply 3645
Assalaamu Alaykum :smile:

Good, drink your chai.

Yw. Atleast it's finished now alhamdulillah.

Alhamdulillah.

Original post by HAnwar
Did not think I'd wake up to pics of chicken.
Do you guys not like to sleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol.
No we're not humans.
If you aren't careful I'll have you gagged and chained to the pillars of a shrine where you can live the rest of your sectarian days listening to visitors calling upon the inhabitant of the grave :hmmm:

Supreme Leader, there is no need for such ruthlessness :rofl:

Original post by h333

Wa'alaykumasalaam.
Loool this was a pretty good comeback. Well done.

See, the Muslims always win in the end :wink:

Original post by h333

Alhamdulillah.

Lol.
No we're not humans.

Wasalam.
Yeah can tell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
See, the Muslims always win in the end :wink:

Yes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Some mosque committee members/elders are so religiously incompetent. Sometimes you wonder how these people even end up being on the committee when they lack basic Islam.

http://5pillarsuk.com/2016/10/03/imam-raped-young-boy-in-mosque-and-elders-covered-it-up/
Original post by Leukocyte
I'm sorry if I come across rude but all I see you trying to do is justify wrong beliefs, it's not working. I hope you do realise that this goes against Islam and proofs have been provided more than once, yet you haven't answered to any of them which shows you do not wish to accept these hadiths. I understand though, your thinking is different to mine but you have to realise what you're saying is not entirely correct. Going into details and describing what Imam Husayn went through cannot be used as an excuse. If the Prophet and his companions did not make this such a big deal why is it you are? Your opinion on this matter is irrelevant.

Allahu Alam

I could comment on your post but will not due to rules of "no debate".

I probably should not have bought this up in the first place.
Well ofcourse. A house in Jannah is guaranteed for one who stops arguing, even if he (the arguer) is in the right. And I stopped arguing with you first, so definitely a win :smile:

I think you'll find I stopped the argument by posting an Islamic hadith which we can all benefit from :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will respond very briefly.

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
You did not understand the purpose of the quote. You said:
"So do you have another example that equates to Imam Hussains sacrifice"

And the obvious answer is yes. The Prophets and Messengers. And many of the companions.

My initial contention was "none did what Imam Hussain did" which, historicly. is true.

Saying the prophets and messengers isn't answering my question brother, I am purely asking, from a historical basis, who else did what Imam Hussain did. I'm not (and if I did then forgive me) referring to 'who sacrifice was greater'.

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy

This does not belittle Hussains sacrifice at all. Just highlights your argument is baseless.

The point of the quote was if one was to mourn the death of al hussain in the way you claim. Then those who have much higher status than him have passed away such as the messenger but one does not do as you claim.

I never mentioned if it does or does not belittle Imam Hussain's sacrifice.

The mourning is not because of their status, rather their struggles and sacrifice. For instance, there was other companions in Karbala who we remember, even though not being Imams or Prophets.

The quote you used was using the idea of x is greater than y, if you don't cry in the same manner for x, then why do you do it for y.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mil88

My initial contention was "none did what Imam Hussain did" which, historicly. is true.

Not true. There have no doubt been many times in history where people have been martyred for standing up to tyrants.

Just look at Aleppo over the last few months alone. Men, women and children being massacred in the 100s because they oppose the tyrant of Syria and his allies (Khamenei, Putin etc.).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mil88
I could comment on your post but will not due to rules of "no debate"
yayyy !!!

yet another supporter of the world-renowned mariachi rule...
not more than two posts on the same subject for this thread

although it would seem that many other posters - for some arcane reason - still insist in roundly disregarding it

best
Don't be ridiculous now brother.
Every school boy around the muslim world learns about the two grandsons of the prophet pbuh and love for them is instilled in every child.
Evidence for this being the hundreds of millions of sunni muslims named and naming their children Hassan and Hussain.

Baseless pointless statements like this really get on my nerve.
Apologies if the tone in my post is harsh.

Brother, I am speaking purely out of my experience, there are people with the surnames Hussain, who frankly don't have a clue about who he was. There are muslims who only find out of Imam Hussain very late in their lives. All I am saying, is that there are non muslims who know Imam Hussain when even some Muslims don't have a clue who he is, or even worse praise and salute his killers.

I am not speaking of the proportion of muslims and non muslims who know him, simply the fact of some muslims don't know his sacrifice, when some non muslims do.

Anyway, this discussion is seeing its end now.
Original post by h333
But where did you get thia from like why is it not recommended? Tbh first timr I have ever heard something like this? Please prove to me it is the sunnah of the prophet (saw) to fast half day only on ashura?

I know very little of this tradition and have not done it myself, and thus am in no position to "prove it".

Original post by h333

As for the questions, I very well know what you are trying to do here and I am disappointed with this approach as nearly all shias have this classic approach to the question rather than giving proper answers according to Islam.

Oh, (once again) I'm terribly sorry for upsetting you. I was just asking simple questions in response to you saying about it is forbidden for damaging your body in Islam, when the Quran clearly gives accounts of Prophets and Non Prophets doing exactly this.

Also, you mention according to "Islam", is that your or my interpretation?

Original post by h333

I am sorry you very well know that self harm by purpose is not allowed in Islam. Be it whatever sect I will not agree with bid'ah and clearly all the mourning and matam with self harm is bid'ah.

Forgive me for not completely understanding; the mourning of Karbala is bidah in your opinion?

Original post by h333

One thing I really don't get is what happened to all the fatwas? Shias say they are not allowed self-harm etc and here again I see it being defended by a shia? So basically if it is allowed in shiasm then why say it is not in the first place? as all the points being made is leading towards that there is nothing wrong with it.

Actually, if you look more closely at my points and the fatwas, they are in agreement. The main fatwas reject the use of knives, I am not speaking of such actions.

Original post by h333

1. With the story of Prophet Yaqub (AS), who am I to even say yes or no? And he only showed grief to Allah swt not make an occasion out of it.

2. I am sorry to say you have the verse completely wrong and need to read the tafsir on this. She did not literally hit/smack her face at all to hurt herself.

she smote her face, meaning, she struck herself upon her forehead, according to Mujahid and Ibn Sabit. Ibn Abbas said:
"she smacked her face just as women do when confronted with an amazing thing,"

and said: "A barren old woman!''
meaning, "How can I give birth while I am an old
woman And even when I was young I was barren
and could not have children,''

They said: "Even so says your Lord. Verily, He is the All-
Wise, the All-Knower,''
`He is the All-Knower of the honor that you are
worthy of and He is the most Wise in His
statements and decisions.'

I was just gathering your opinions on Quranic and real life situations.

Also remember, I asked these because you said ' Islam doesn't allow damage to ones body'

With due respect sister, what you justified for the wife of the Prophet is what I have already said, just simplified. The tafsir provided clearly mentions her "striking" her head or forehead.

Original post by h333

3. No. Since when was fasting on the month of ramadan as all Muslims know is obligatory equal to self-harm? If it is ordered by Allah swt then there is definitely benefits to it not disadvantages SubhanAllah.

No, I am specifcally talking about my friends who fasted the whole day, then instead of sleeping they went to taraweeh, got barely any sleep, then went to school for the month of Ramadhan. I then included how such sleep deprivation is damaging to the body.

Original post by h333

What I am trying to say is that it is not in the sunnah to start doing acts that are unnecessary to show grief and just for this day. If you care then keep it between you and Allah swt and pray, no need to make a big deal out of it. No one said to not remember the event etc but there is a way to do this instead of all the innovation acts/practices.

I respect your opinion sister, but the problem here (not for me, but many I know) is the lack of emotional control.

Please note as well, it's much easier to inform people (in my opinion) by asking such questions so you can easily find out their thought process on different situations.
What he meant is that the definition of protagonist is to be a leading character on the good side of a story, whereas antagonist is the bad one who works against the protagonist
perhaps, we could settle on deuteragonist ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuteragonist

or, if not, on the tritagonist ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritagonist

best
Not true. There have no doubt been many times in history where people have been martyred for standing up to tyrants.

Just look at Aleppo over the last few months alone. Men, women and children being massacred in the 100s because they oppose the tyrant of Syria and his allies (Khamenei, Putin etc.).

I can almost gurantee non will be the same, purely from an historical basis.

However, this discussion probably end soon, thank you for your opinion.
Original post by mil88
All I am saying, is that there are non muslims who know Imam Hussain .
well... erm ... yes

best

Latest

Trending

Trending