The Student Room Group

Microsoft word

This is really random but does anyone know if you can get microsoft word for free like a free download anywhere? i tried to get the student version with my college email but it won't work :frown:
Original post by callyha
This is really random but does anyone know if you can get microsoft word for free like a free download anywhere? i tried to get the student version with my college email but it won't work :frown:

You can get free open sources equivalents like libraoffice, otherwise you'd need an ac.uk address to get office 365.
if you have an office 365 email, you can use outlook online
Reply 3
You can sign up to onedrive. It's basically Microsoft office package but online. It's free
Another option is using Google Docs, which is free if you gave a Google account but needs Internet connection.
Libreoffice is a good replacement and will happily open .docx / .doc
Google docs lets you import / export .docx and .doc easily but I find formatting doesn't always translate.
Reply 6
Original post by callyha
Are you requesting warez?
You could always torrent it
Original post by Tootles
Are you requesting warez?

I don't think they are, just seeing if there's a student version.
Reply 9
Original post by callyha

Yeah u can get it for free

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can try by downloading it onto a usb before transferring to your computer/laptop

Posted from TSR Mobile
OpenOffice is quite good (openoffice.org, I think). It does powerpoints, spreadsheets and word processing (like Word, Powerpoint and Excel) but it's completely free (and it can open and save files in the same formats as Microsoft Word). No internet connection required once you've downloaded it, and you don't need an account or anything like that.
Reply 13
Thanks i downloaded it and its really good!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending