The Student Room Group

Students and young people have the most to loose from Brexit?

Only comment if you actually have something constructive to say.

Its us students and young people who have the most to loose from leaving the EU. A lot of FE colleges and universities recieve funding from the EU as do some apprenticeships and vocational training courses.

It's not only that, if Brexit causes a massive recession, with the collapse of the pound which is looking ever more likely, then there will be huge job losses too. More austerity and even less funding for education and training. We'll be the ones in the dole queue and be bullied out of our benefits because the country can no longer afford to pay welfare.

What make us most angry is it was largely the xenophobic retired people who voted Brexit, they've had their education, training careers and jobs. And those already set up in their careers who voted Brexit. We're only starting in life and we NEVER even got a say in the bloody referendum because you had to be 18 to vote.

Who else is angered and feels their hopes have been robbed from them by the older generation?

Once again:
Only comment if you actually have something constructive to say.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

*lose.
Seriously we are way past this kind of posts.

What I find most annoying is that you are trying to speak for everyone. I'm young, I'm at university, I voted for Brexit. So stop generalising and trying to make it seem like every young person voted to Remain. Your 'us and them' attitude really isn't helping, if anything you are trying to make a group of people (which you generalise to inflate the numbers) seem more important than another group. You aren't interested in why some people we are better outside of the EU, you just want to get your way, or no way.

Older people have a real stake in society, and if anything they have the most to lose in absolute term. Many of them have children and grandchildren. Now you can go and ask any parent, who wouldn't put their children's future before theirs? Who would sabotage the prospects of one's future generations?

You keep this mentality and you will never understand why the majority voted for Brexit. This was one of the reasons many voted this way anyway, too many of you just don't appreciate other people's different points of view and refuses to listen to the genuine concerns.

Also even you yourself know that what you are predicting are completely your own opinions and judgements. So don't try to put it in a fact-like manner. It just degrades your post into a classic 'remoaner' rant.

Keep a sense of proportion and people might just start listening to you in a debate forum.
*sigh* It's nothing but want and greed with students - always expect everyone to cater for them and kick up a fuss when other people get their way.

We voted for Brexit - deal with it. Why should the fate of the country be left solely in the hands of people who have never had a job, don't pay tax, and scrounge off of the government?
Reply 4
Should have voted then, shouldn't they?
I'm angered by the fact you feel the need to make multiple brexit posts that are all the same.
Reply 6
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I'm angered by the fact you feel the need to make multiple brexit posts that are all the same.

Snowflake
My hypothetical butthole is definitely loose after getting ****ed over by that Brexit vote
You lost me at ambitious 1999.
Original post by CherishFreedom
Seriously we are way past this kind of posts.

'remoaner'

So why the hell have you bothered to comment??? Let alone written a five paragraph essay?

Ok have your beloved Brexit that won with a tiny majority. When the economy is screwed up as its being now and you're on the dole after graduating, unable to afford to eat, when everyone is pointing their fingers at the Brexiters and giving them the evils, then I will laugh.

Remember the boot is on the other foot now and for everything that goes wrong its your lot that will get the blame for it.

Re-moaner?? Yes we've some names for Brexiters but I doubt they'd be allowed on here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by #ChaosKass
*sigh* It's nothing but want and greed with students - always expect everyone to cater for them and kick up a fuss when other people get their way.

We voted for Brexit - deal with it. Why should the fate of the country be left solely in the hands of people who have never had a job, don't pay tax, and scrounge off of the government?

I could write a lengthy reply to your comment but it wouldn't be very nice....sorry about that
Original post by Ambitious1999
So why the hell have you bothered to comment??? Let alone written a five paragraph essay?

Ok have your f*****g beloved Brexit that won with a tiny majority. When the economy is screwed up as its being now and you're on the dole after graduating, unable to afford to eat, when everyone is pointing their fingers at the Brexiters and giving them the evils, then I will laugh.

Remember the boot is on the other foot now and for everything that goes wrong its your lot that will get the blame for it.

Re-moaner?? Yes we've some names for Brexiters but I doubt they'd be allowed on here.

You clearly have no interest in having a proper discussion (lose* the conformation bias).
Original post by Ambitious1999

Ok have your f*****g beloved Brexit that won with a tiny majority. When the economy is screwed up as its being now and you're on the dole after graduating, unable to afford to eat, when everyone is pointing their fingers at the Brexiters and giving them the evils, then I will laugh.

I said we are way past that, in the sense that most of these kind of posts are from June and July. They really offer no value to the debate. If you want to debate, put your arguments across, not more generalisations and baseless accusations.

Also let me just assure you, even if the economy is ruined my family will not starve. And I say this with relative modesty. But isn't it interesting you are getting so personal with your response. I think it shows a lot about you than me.
Original post by TooFocused
You clearly have no interest in having a proper discussion (lose* the conformation bias).

I've stated my point, all I've got back is a load of crap from you Brexiters.

But I will say when the country is screwed, its your lot that will be judged.
Another day, another Ambitious1999 Brexit thread...
Original post by TooFocused

Few people on here want to discuss anything other than to say they are bored by this thread.
Original post by ManiaMuse
Another day, another Ambitious1999 Brexit thread...

Yawn Another Brexit supporter.

They should just rename TSR as the TAR or The Anti-EU Room. Go on suggest it, you'll have 10 thousand followers by midnight!

Don't think anyone on here is pro-EU.
Original post by Wōden
Yawn.

Yep another Brexit bigot. 18 so far.
I'm 16 and never left the country. I support Brexit.
I couldnt vote. I supported brexit. and I know many other Young people that supported brexit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending