The Student Room Group

I've lost my self, I feel like i made a big mistake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MiszShortee786
When you don't know a thing or two about Islam its advisable to stay quiet

Ironic coming from the girl who was saying on some other threads that Muslim girls who chose not to wear the hijab were promiscuous.
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
little background info; i'm 18, female, moved out of a very conservative Muslim household to study in a different city, getting a lot of **** for it too but that's not the point

the point is I went out with my housemates last night to celebrate an occasion. we went to a club. i wanted to go because every time they told me to go, (they weren't pressuring or anything) i would say no even though i really wanted to. i was scared. of my parents, of them finding out. i also felt out of place, since I wear a head covering.

after many problems caused because of speculation that i was going to go out or take my scarf off, i was like you know what - since im getting **** for it already I might as well do it. And i did. I took the scarf off because 1) i dont believe in it, 2) if i WAS wearing the scarf i would a) present islam in a negative light and b) not enjoy my self and feel paranoid and feel out of place and everyone would stare at me

but the whole bus journey there, i felt so weird. it didn't feel like i'd done anything drastic. but i kept mentally beating my self up about it. i kept calling my self names and cheap and weak because i 'gave in' - it hurts even though i know i wanted this. I guess i feel bad because i let down my parents. i enjoyed the night though. but coming back, letting it all sink in, it didn't feel real. in fact, if it wasn't for my aching joints i would've thought it was all a dream.

i've been in bed all day. i didnt go to lectures. i feel like ****. i did not drink, or have sex, or even talk to boys, technically i did nothing to be 'ashamed' of, but i still feel horrible. i've just been crying and crying. i only left the room to go toilet. i still haven't eaten since last night really.

i also have another problem. i took it off, and obviously a lot of uni students were there. some of whom are friends or acquaintances. i felt like it was a one time thing, i'd put it back on. but how can i? wouldn't that make me a hypocrite? of course, there's also the point that if i DO fully take it off, my parents WILL find out - i've seen a few former friends back from my high school, who know people who know people who will get it to them.

I'm just scared, and i feel stupid and i hate myself right now. i just want to end it all but that would do no good to anyone . i dont know what to do or how to feel.

can anyone give me some advice? or atleast calm me down? please?

Wow. The things islam does to people......
Here's my advice - forget about it and enjoy life.
Original post by RobML
What have I said that's wrong?

She feels guilt for a reason... you're contradicting by saying she is free to do what she wants. Now if you were intelligent enough you would be able to differentiate between the 'gulit' she is actually feeling
Original post by balanced
A scarf isn't a shield, and here in the uk we don't force people to wear this or that, or not to, so there is nothing wrong with choosing what to do.

Yes i know we have a free will in the UK, i was pointing out what the Islamic law says. Now if a believer wants to follow what Allah (swt) has commanded him to do then that is totally up to him if he wants to do it or not. It'll only be between him and his Lord.
Reply 44
She feels guilt for a reason... you're contradicting by saying she is free to do what she wants. Now if you were intelligent enough you would be able to differentiate between the 'gulit' she is actually feeling

Uh, what I'm saying is that guilt only exists because of judgemental people like you. She doesn't need to feel that way from what she's done.
People calling clubs the trap of the devil, lmao are you people seriously listening to yourself?
Original post by RobML
How about Islam tought men not to be predatory perverts instead of forcing women to repress themselves?

Yes Islam has taught men, Islam teaches men to lower their gaze. Islam teaches man and woman, believers and non-believers.
Original post by RobML
Uh, what I'm saying is that guilt only exists because of judgemental people like you. She doesn't need to feel that way from what she's done.

Im not in anyway being judgmental please forgive me if I have portrayed it like that what I am trying to get across is this 'guilt' she felt after she took her headscarf off.
Original post by Anonymous
little background info; i'm 18, female, moved out of a very conservative Muslim household to study in a different city, getting a lot of **** for it too but that's not the pointthe point is I went out with my housemates last night to celebrate an occasion. we went to a club. i wanted to go because every time they told me to go, (they weren't pressuring or anything) i would say no even though i really wanted to. i was scared. of my parents, of them finding out. i also felt out of place, since I wear a head covering.after many problems caused because of speculation that i was going to go out or take my scarf off, i was like you know what - since im getting **** for it already I might as well do it. And i did. I took the scarf off because 1) i dont believe in it, 2) if i WAS wearing the scarf i would a) present islam in a negative light and b) not enjoy my self and feel paranoid and feel out of place and everyone would stare at mebut the whole bus journey there, i felt so weird. it didn't feel like i'd done anything drastic. but i kept mentally beating my self up about it. i kept calling my self names and cheap and weak because i 'gave in' - it hurts even though i know i wanted this. I guess i feel bad because i let down my parents. i enjoyed the night though. but coming back, letting it all sink in, it didn't feel real. in fact, if it wasn't for my aching joints i would've thought it was all a dream. i've been in bed all day. i didnt go to lectures. i feel like ****. i did not drink, or have sex, or even talk to boys, technically i did nothing to be 'ashamed' of, but i still feel horrible. i've just been crying and crying. i only left the room to go toilet. i still haven't eaten since last night really.i also have another problem. i took it off, and obviously a lot of uni students were there. some of whom are friends or acquaintances. i felt like it was a one time thing, i'd put it back on. but how can i? wouldn't that make me a hypocrite? of course, there's also the point that if i DO fully take it off, my parents WILL find out - i've seen a few former friends back from my high school, who know people who know people who will get it to them. I'm just scared, and i feel stupid and i hate myself right now. i just want to end it all but that would do no good to anyone . i dont know what to do or how to feel.can anyone give me some advice? or atleast calm me down? please?
I feel like I've read this story like a 100 times before on TSR
Reply 49
Original post by senoritatimaa
Yes Islam has taught men, Islam teaches men to lower their gaze

Then why is a hijab necessary?
Why not just teach women to also lower their gaze?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes Islam has taught men, Islam teaches men to lower their gaze. Islam teaches man and woman, believers and non-believers.

Then why don't men wear the hijab or are made to cover up?
Reply 51
Im not in anyway being judgmental please forgive me if I have portrayed it like that what I am trying to get across is this 'guilt' she felt after she took her headscarf off.

And that's because she's shamed for it as shown in this thread

Christianity tells the people not to fornicate yet people go out of their way to do it. Same way with the men in Islam. Some men just cant help and keep their damn gazes down. However it then becomes the women's responsibility that she ensures that she dosent attract any men attention via makeup etc.
[QUOTE="RobML;68020124"]And that's because she's shamed for it as shown in this thread[/QUOTE

Yes shes shamed because she has never done it before and thereby the first step of her sinning publicly is that guilt she feels.
Reply 54

Yes shes shamed because she has never done it before and thereby the first step of her sinning publicly is that guilt she feels.

You saying the shaming is good?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Really? So are you indicating that girls who don't wear the hijab are open to being used and abused by men?

And no she shouldn't wear the hijab if she doesn't want to. She can easily survive without it and if she gets hit on by men she has a voice to defend herself and say no. We have something known as "choice" in the modern world hun.

I'm not exactly indicating that..
Allah (swt) has commanded women to wear the hijab for a reason, to be protected.
& erm im not forcing her, i was giving her Islamic advice, then whatever she does is only between her and her Lord. Also i know about this "choice" in the modern world...this "choice" is misleading the Muslim society.
Reply 56
I'm not exactly indicating that..
Allah (swt) has commanded women to wear the hijab for a reason, to be protected.
& erm im not forcing her, i was giving her Islamic advice, then whatever she does is only between her and her Lord. Also i know about this "choice" in the modern world...this "choice" is misleading the Muslim society.

Shaming someone is a very manipulative way to force them to do something, you know
You will burn in hell for this
Original post by RobML
You saying the shaming is good?

i'm not implying any of the sort.
Reply 59
Original post by RobML
If she doesn't believe in wearing a headscarf then she should be totally free not to. Unless you're suggesting that there is *shock*...shame forced upon muslim women who don't wear it? But yeah it's always a decision based on free will ofc :wink:
She's done nothing wrong, get a grip.

Of course it is up to her but I am just saying according to Islam as she is a Muslim. I want good for her not bad dw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending