The Student Room Group

Asians and Arabs

Does anyone know any couples or relationships between Arabs and Asians (Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalis).
Did it work?

Why aren't there more of these relationships considering a lot of them share the same faith and can sometimes relate to each other culturally too; family values, somewhat strict/conservative cultures etc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think a lot of pakistanis try and marry arabs, but the attraction is often not shared - arabs look down on them. i doubt indians are very interested in arabs. i dont know about bangladeshis
Reply 2
Original post by Chakede
i think a lot of pakistanis try and marry arabs, but the attraction is often not shared - arabs look down on them. i doubt indians are very interested in arabs. i dont know about bangladeshis
Hm, why do u think the attraction isn't shared then. And I was talking about Indian Muslims.
Why do you ask OP?
if two people love each other yeah it'll happen.

Only example I can think of is Dina Tokio and Sid Khan, and it took them 4 years for her (arab) dad to say yes.

Original post by Chakede
i think a lot of pakistanis try and marry arabs,

Really ?!

I'd assumed if anything more Pakistanis would try to than Indians because Pakistanis are majority Muslim and so are Arabs discounting Lebanon.

I think if anything Asians and Arabs both tend to like their own race, because well firstly language , and secondly distinct looks. In this day and age family shouldn't really be an issue.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hm, why do u think the attraction isn't shared then. And I was talking about Indian Muslims.

just convos ive had, always got impression arabs regard asian muslims like pakistanis as somehow inferior ie 'malwali' (sp) . indians tend not to share the same adoration of arabs, even the muslim ones. id say indian culture and arabic culture are significantly different
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know any couples or relationships between Arabs and Asians (Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalis).
Did it work?

Why aren't there more of these relationships considering a lot of them share the same faith and can sometimes relate to each other culturally too; family values, somewhat strict/conservative cultures etc

I know a pakistani guy who recently married an Egyptian girl, but it's the first time I've seen this.
They are both from well respected and wealthy families, he works at J.P Morgan and she's a Lawyer. Their families have known each other for years.
Their wedding was mixed and the Egyptian culture was a new sight to us, so culturally there are differences. Like they had this sword ritual and the bride detests south asian sweets and so on the mehndi when people were trying to feed her mithai it was a bit awkward.

The general perception is that Arabs look down on pakistanis. Like yeah this is a sweeping statement, but it's just a stereotype I guess. I've personally had an experience of an Arab lady looking down on me and my mother in the mall. Not sure what her problem was but she would not stop staring at us in such a condescending way and making us feel somewhat inferior, totally bad vibes.
I got with a middle eastern girl during a club night, does that count? I'm Indian btw.
No idea why it shouldn't work. Love is love! ALL religions have values where they think of family, friends, respect for example. I'd like to think it could work sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bro - the arabs were known to be racist society - they conquered middle east and part africa and made anyone darker than them to be slaves ( arab slave trade) lots of asians were also conquered by them back in the day; why would they want to marry some muslim now, that was their slave hundred years ago? pakistanis are wannabe arabs thats why they wear burkhas and dishadash, not a good look.
arabs are obsessed with whites and their money, not asians.
I know a pakistani guy who recently married an Egyptian girl, but it's the first time I've seen this.
Original post by arabziana94
I'm Arabzian! (Arab/Asian) My parents have been happily married for close to 25 years now.

Mum's a convert to Islam, she's Punjabi so her parent's essentially disowned her to begin with but overtime accepted her and her decisions. (i.e converting to Islam, marrying an arab, etc).
Truth be told the reason why there isn't much integration is because Arabs are so damn racist (yes, I said it) and Asians tend to stick to their own, like right down to the same cast.... its culture I guess. Having said that, I'm seeing change in the world, good change. Integration, acceptance, etc.
I'm still to meet someone with my exact mixed background..... although secretly I like being this unique haha.

Is ur dad North African? They seem More accepting of Asians
Massive generalisations, I know, but all in all it tends to be:

Arabs look down on Pakistanis, Indians and Bangladeshis

Indians look down on Arabs

Pakistanis and Bangladeshis look up to Arabs

I've seen it work.

Personally I prefer to stick with Asians. I definitely don't "look up to Arabs", probably the opposite at times, as bad as that is :lol:
Historically, multiple attempted conquests as well as religious differences. Like I said, the dislike is both ways, a lot of Arabs see themselves as above Indians too.
dude, arabs are not popular with lots of nations, after recent political history
I'm an Indian guy getting married to an Arab girl.
Reply 16
Probably more clashing in cultures and personalities.
I'm Kashmiri and know of a Kashmiri guy who married a morroccan girl (that counts as Arab right)? This Arab guy once told me that 'kashmiri's are beautiful' (which I was slightly creeper out by) and that one of his friends is married to a kashmiri woman.
I personally don't know many Arab's and have never idolised them or whatever (lol people nearly often guess that I'm Arab and I make a point to clarify that I'm not ) but I always hear about how they view Asians as inferior too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
arabs are arrogant af
Original post by Lord Samosa
I've seen it work.

Personally I prefer to stick with Asians. I definitely don't "look up to Arabs", probably the opposite at times, as bad as that is :lol:

But allot of Asians (usually Pakistanis) tell me they have distant arab origins all the way down to the hijaz. I correct them and say "No, you have overwhelmingly south asian/indian origins". They seem to continue lying to themselves, even when Arabs treat asians and pretty much anyone else like crap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending