The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Oh ok, that would be a lot less awkward :tongue:

Hope you get the job - I think working with the EIT would be pretty rewarding. Especially if the patients you get like milkshake :biggrin: (I would get so fat :colondollar: ).

I would be doing the social group so trips to the cinema and stuff with them yay! But it's open to everyone on my course (46 people) so competition is tight. But I'm one of the only ones with clinical experience.
I hate this.
I hate how everything's going.
I feel physically sick all the bloody time.
I've just gone back to work after 4 days off and and there's apparently rumours going around about me yay
Original post by Wilfred Little
:frown:

Have you been on Sertraline before?

I have yes, it was a much better experience than Fluxotine i think it was when I was on that. Flux I was getting an hour an a half sleep max. Curious about this Valium thing though supposed to be really strong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Struggling so much. I think I might have to, for the first time, hand in my essays late and submit in mitigating circumstances. I can't concentrate. My head hurts. My eyes hurt. My thoughts are so so bad. The stupid depo injection has made my period return. The stupid trazodone isn't probably helping my headaches or my thoughts.

I feel so alone. The SO thinks I should ask for help. I have. It's mitigating circumstances or nothing. I feel like he doesn't understand why I'm so petrified of them. I feel as if all I do is annoy him with my problems and what can he do? **** all. He probably hates me for it.

I hate being ill. I hate my emotions.
Original post by Airmed
Struggling so much. I think I might have to, for the first time, hand in my essays late and submit in mitigating circumstances. I can't concentrate. My head hurts. My eyes hurt. My thoughts are so so bad. The stupid depo injection has made my period return. The stupid trazodone isn't probably helping my headaches or my thoughts.

I feel so alone. The SO thinks I should ask for help. I have. It's mitigating circumstances or nothing. I feel like he doesn't understand why I'm so petrified of them. I feel as if all I do is annoy him with my problems and what can he do? **** all. He probably hates me for it.

I hate being ill. I hate my emotions.

Why don't you want to apply for mitigating circumstances?
Original post by Noodlzzz
Why don't you want to apply for mitigating circumstances?

I would have to wait until January to find out if my circumstances were accepted. I have also prided myself on the fact that I've handed in essays before while psychotic/badly struggling and have done well. Feel like I can't justify it this time because I've done well before. I've never handed in a thing late in my life.
Original post by Noodlzzz
I would be doing the social group so trips to the cinema and stuff with them yay! But it's open to everyone on my course (46 people) so competition is tight. But I'm one of the only ones with clinical experience.

That would be so awesome! Good luck. The activities really helped me find a point in getting out of bed and showering after I dropped out of university. There also was a weekly football kickabout, which I really enjoyed and i got some much needed exercise. Gave me some meaning in life. But yeah, hopefully that extra experience will get you the job. :smile:

Just did the test. Will be amazed if I get a C. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
Hi!

I've been on mirtazapine myself, and it caused issues for me also. Definitely phone up and get an appointment. Do you have a CPN?

What's a CPN? I'm on sumatriptan for my migraines so my medication options are really limited, considering braving the migraines because I can't really cope on or off mirtazapine. I'm going to phone for an appointment tomorrow, just hope they have a slot available.
Just got out of class. Voices were/are so ****ing loud. I've taken 4 klonopin and it hasn't helped at all. Weighing up whether to take a 5th... Meant to go to a revision session but I'm a mess. I don't feel safe, people kept talking about me in class and now I'm worried there's cameras watching me -. That's why they sectioned me beofre but I can't go back to the "doctor" or they will do it again. They can put cameras everywhere whenever I'm not here. I can see a shadow under the door, i knew I should carry a knife - i keep looking at the door and can see the shadow moving it's locked but I don't put that past them. I really don't feel safe. :frown:

I don't know, is this the klonopin playing with me? Or are they just messing?
Original post by Anonymous
What's a CPN? I'm on sumatriptan for my migraines so my medication options are really limited, considering braving the migraines because I can't really cope on or off mirtazapine. I'm going to phone for an appointment tomorrow, just hope they have a slot available.

ah, I really need to stop ticking the anon box, makes it impossible to keep track of people replying or not
Original post by Anonymous

Community (can't remember what the P stands for) Nurse (pretty much a mental health nurse; I meet mine weekly or so). I am also on sumatriptan for migraines. :redface: Mental health medication really is trial and error. Some meds you will get side effects, others you won't. So you might be better suited on something else.
Just got out of class. Voices were/are so ****ing loud. I've taken 4 klonopin and it hasn't helped at all. Weighing up whether to take a 5th... Meant to go to a revision session but I'm a mess. I don't feel safe, people kept talking about me in class and now I'm worried there's cameras watching me -. That's why they sectioned me beofre but I can't go back to the "doctor" or they will do it again. They can put cameras everywhere whenever I'm not here. I can see a shadow under the door, i knew I should carry a knife - i keep looking at the door and can see the shadow moving it's locked but I don't put that past them. I really don't feel safe. :frown:

I don't know, is this the klonopin playing with me? Or are they just messing?

:console: I really wish there was more I could do to help. Please stay safe, Saber. My inbox is always open. Is there anyone you can call?
Very happy to say that I am now engaged :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope you're all having a good day. I'm freaking the **** out at the moment.
Original post by bullettheory

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! You don't even know me but omg that's so brilliant I'm so happy for you :colondollar:
Original post by Malevolent
Hope you're all having a good day. I'm freaking the **** out at the moment.

About your interview? Just try and stay as calm as you can, as useless as that sounds :tongue: Show off how great you are, and you'll be okay. The interviews aren't supposed to be too bad. I'll have my fingers crossed for you!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
About your interview? Just try and stay as calm as you can, as useless as that sounds :tongue: Show off how great you are, and you'll be okay. The interviews aren't supposed to be too bad. I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

About interview, about my life in general. Just everything seems to exacerbate at night.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
:console: I really wish there was more I could do to help. Please stay safe, Saber. My inbox is always open. Is there anyone you can call?

Thank you for the offer. :smile: (I'm sorry if I take you up on it)

My wife should finish work in 8 minutes then I have to somehow let her know that I'd not going to the revision group. She'll be mad, god knows how much help I need in that class but right now it just aint' happening. :frown:

Jealous of your pizza. :tongue:
Original post by bullettheory

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome, buddy! I hope you two will be happy for many years. :woo:
Thank you for the offer. :smile: (I'm sorry if I take you up on it)

My wife should finish work in 8 minutes then I have to somehow let her know that I'd not going to the revision group. She'll be mad, god knows how much help I need in that class but right now it just aint' happening. :frown:

Jealous of your pizza. :tongue:

Haha don't be :tongue:

You might need the help, but if you're really not doing well then you're not going to gain anything from it anyway. I hope she understands that :hugs:

You should be, it's great :wink:

Latest