The Student Room Group

Wanting to study History/History and Politics at Oxford, advice on A level options?

I'm in the process of applying for sixth form, and I'm definitely choosing History as one of my subjects. I'm unsure about the other two/three however. I know I need to pick another facilitating subject since I want to study at Oxford or another Russell Group uni. My current ideas are English lit, English language and lit, politics, french, philosophy. I'm currently working at A*s and As in all my subjects, so it's more of a case on what subject combinations would be the best for getting me to Oxford? Thanks :smile:
What is required by the uni? Check on their website and then decide. If it isn't specified then pick subjects that interest you and will get you the bets possible grades.
Original post by cait_kelly28
I'm in the process of applying for sixth form, and I'm definitely choosing History as one of my subjects. I'm unsure about the other two/three however. I know I need to pick another facilitating subject since I want to study at Oxford or another Russell Group uni. My current ideas are English lit, English language and lit, politics, french, philosophy. I'm currently working at A*s and As in all my subjects, so it's more of a case on what subject combinations would be the best for getting me to Oxford? Thanks :smile:

The only subject you definitely need is History.

Here's the page on UG History at Oxford: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/history?wssl=1

Which subjects do you enjoy the most?

Quick Reply

Latest