The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

By Quranist do you mean a Hafiz?
Original post by MiszShortee786
By Quranist do you mean a Hafiz?

Nope.. I mean someone who only accepts the Quran as a source of revelation and not the Sunnah
Oh right JazakAllah Khairan for the explanation however that dosent make any sense to me sorry.
(edited 7 years ago)
So.. how do you know how to pray and do things such as wudu???

Also why do you reject sunnah?
Reply 5
What religion are you?
Original post by JohnGreek
What's your favourite type of camel?

The camel does not appear in the Holy Quraan therefore you're questioned is flawed.
Original post by MiszShortee786
The camel does not appear in the Holy Quraan therefore you're questioned is flawed.

There is the story of Prophet Salih (as) which includes a camel.
how do you interpret the following verses in the qur'an then, or do you selectively choose to ignore the following verses:

(interpretation of the meaning): “He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:80]

god described obedience to the prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. then he made a connection between obedience to him and obedience to the prophet (peace be upon him):

“O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger. [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

following on god warns muslims not to go against the prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell.

“. . . And let those who oppose the Messenger’scommandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or apainful torment be inflicted on them.” [al-Nur 24:63]

and for those things not mentioned in the qur'an he clearly states to refer all disputes to muhammad (peace be upon him):

“. . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

just curious :smile:
Original post by SuperHuman98
So.. how do you know how to pray and do things such as wudu???

Also why do you reject sunnah?

I pray like most Muslim's pray. The Qur'an outlines these. Hadith's add little nuances that I may do if I'm praying with a group in a masjid (e.g. saying asalam alaikum to your left and right at the end of a prayer)
But if i'm praying alone, it's not necessary, and I don't do that.

The Qur'an tells us how to do wudu.

I reject the Sunnah because collectively, they're unreliable sources. Most of them are based on hearsay. And, because a lot of it is cultural commentary passed off as religious. (E.g. eating with left hand is bad) If one "sahih" source does that, then the lot of it can't be trusted.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with camel breeds.
:frown:
Original post by UWS
What religion are you?

A Muslim
Reply 12

I quite like camel toe
Original post by Poetic_Innocence
I pray like most Muslim's pray. The Qur'an outlines these. Hadith's add little nuances that I may do if I'm praying with a group in a masjid (e.g. saying asalam alaikum to your left and right at the end of a prayer)

I reject the Sunnah because collectively, they're unreliable sources. Most of them are based on hearsay. And, because a lot of it is cultural commentary passed off as religious. (E.g. eating with left hand is bad) If one "sahih" source does that, then the lot of it can't be trusted.

Okay, you say how "most muslims pray" but don't the different sects have different ways of praying or am i wrong?

And oh yeah I just searched it and the Quran does outline wudu. The idea of rejecting sunnah seems weird to be honest, it seems like you are missing out a chunk of the religion. You say it can't be trusted but Sunnah instructs you to do good things and even things like left hand right hand isn't that for hygiene. And the experts/scholars agree on it, what makes your opinion so different to theirs? Sorry if my questions seem stupid

Also what are your views on homosexuality and abortion?
(edited 7 years ago)

In an authentic hadeeth it is narrated by our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallahu Alayhi Waslaam) that those who reject from my sunnah is not from my tribe.

Just incase you have not 'researched' upon this hadeeth yet?
Original post by UWS
I quite like camel toe
:rofl: That's such a haraam comment for this thread y'know! :rofl:
Nope.. I mean someone who only accepts the Quran as a source of revelation and not the Sunnah

How do you interpret the Qur'an?
Where does it tell you how to pray or do Wudhu in the Qur'an?
Reply 17
Original post by hamza772000
:rofl: That's such a haraam comment for this thread y'know! :rofl:

Original post by gr8wizard10
how do you interpret the following verses in the qur'an then, or do you selectively choose to ignore the following verses:

(interpretation of the meaning): “He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:80]

god described obedience to the prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. then he made a connection between obedience to him and obedience to the prophet (peace be upon him):

“O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger. [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

following on god warns muslims not to go against the prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell.

“. . . And let those who oppose the Messenger’scommandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or apainful torment be inflicted on them.” [al-Nur 24:63]

and for those things not mentioned in the qur'an he clearly states to refer all disputes to muhammad (peace be upon him):

“. . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

just curious :smile:

The only message that the prophet brought was the Qur'an.
The title, "the messenger" implies a specific message, not his supposed general utterances throughout his life. The prophet's message was the Qur'an.

That's how I interpret those verses.

Latest