The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton applicants 2017

There's probably already a thread for this so I'm sorry if there is but I just wanted to get to know some people that'll be applying for Southampton this year :smile: I went to the open day recently and fell in love (even more than I already was).

I'd love to hear what current students' advice for applying here and opinions of the uni are (from an internal perspective) too!

I'm going to be applying for Psychology and Education and my AS grades were ABBC (I dropped the subject I got a C in) so in theory I only need one more A to get to the entry requirements (which I feel positive I can get because the subjects with B's in, I got A's in most of the previous year!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I 'm applying to study Language and Society at Southampton Uni. Whereabouts are you from?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm applying for law I really want to go there :colondollar:
Im applying for French and Portuguese - I do French, Maths and History at A level (predicted A*A*A), am doing an EPQ this year and got an A in AS Sociology last year
Reply 4
Original post by t.all
Hi! I 'm applying to study Language and Society at Southampton Uni. Whereabouts are you from?

I'm sorry this is super late but I'm from Oxford! What about yourself?

Original post by FrenchNerd2
Im applying for French and Portuguese - I do French, Maths and History at A level (predicted A*A*A), am doing an EPQ this year and got an A in AS Sociology last year

Wow, nice! The only subjects I share (and did share) with you is sociology and the EPQ! Good luck on getting those grades :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by abbeyjayne
There's probably already a thread for this so I'm sorry if there is but I just wanted to get to know some people that'll be applying for Southampton this year :smile: I went to the open day recently and fell in love (even more than I already was).

I'd love to hear what current students' advice for applying here and opinions of the uni are (from an internal perspective) too!

I'm going to be applying for Psychology and Education and my AS grades were ABBC (I dropped the subject I got a C in) so in theory I only need one more A to get to the entry requirements (which I feel positive I can get because the subjects with B's in, I got A's in most of the previous year!)

Hey, I'm applying for psychology as a single honours! I went to the summer school last year and I really liked the atmosphere, the city centre as well is not too quiet and it's so nice and clean :h:
Reply 6
I'm applying for Philosophy with my AS grades at AABB.
Reply 7
Original post by yusraali
Hey, I'm applying for psychology as a single honours! I went to the summer school last year and I really liked the atmosphere, the city centre as well is not too quiet and it's so nice and clean :h:

Oh that's awesome! The single honours didn't really interest me, I didn't find the lecturers as enthusiastic as those for the joint hons!
Glad to hear you liked the city centre too as I didn't really get the time to explore since they had so much going on on campus!

Whereabouts are you from - if you don't mind me asking of course?

Original post by Otaku98
I'm applying for Philosophy with my AS grades at AABB.

Ooh sounds interesting, your AS grades are good too so I'm sure they'll give you an offer! :smile:
Reply 8
Oh that's awesome! The single honours didn't really interest me, I didn't find the lecturers as enthusiastic as those for the joint hons!
Glad to hear you liked the city centre too as I didn't really get the time to explore since they had so much going on on campus!

Whereabouts are you from - if you don't mind me asking of course?

Ooh sounds interesting, your AS grades are good too so I'm sure they'll give you an offer! :smile:

I'm from London, also noticed you were from Oxford! What other unis are you applying to?
Reply 9

Hopefully :smile:
I believe the entry requirements for the course are AAB, so I'm definitely on track to achieve this, but a lot can happen during A2 which worries me slightly...
I'm sorry this is super late but I'm from Oxford! What about yourself?

Wow, nice! The only subjects I share (and did share) with you is sociology and the EPQ! Good luck on getting those grades :smile:

Thank you, good luck to you too :P
Original post by yusraali
I'm from London, also noticed you were from Oxford! What other unis are you applying to?

Ooh London, do love it there but wouldn't want to live there (it's too busy for me hahahah)! Yeah I'm from Oxford :smile: I'm applying to Portsmouth, Worcester, UEA and Sussex as well as obviously Shampton :smile:
Original post by Otaku98
Hopefully :smile:
I believe the entry requirements for the course are AAB, so I'm definitely on track to achieve this, but a lot can happen during A2 which worries me slightly...

Omg me too! Also my entry requirements are the same as that too! My teachers have predicted me AAB though so at least I know I'm likely to get an offer!
Already applied and got my offer for History ABB :smile:
Original post by hurricaneellin

How long ago did you send off your application? I got my acknowledge the other week but I haven't had an offer yet
How long ago did you send off your application? I got my acknowledge the other week but I haven't had an offer yet

Sent of application on Sept 26, got my offer on Monday :smile:
Sent of application on Sept 26, got my offer on Monday :smile:

Ooh hopefully mine should be here this week in that case! I'm too impatient for my own good xD

Omg that's so exciting! I really can't wait to send off my application and get an offer, hopefully! I think my course requires an interview though, eek!
Reply 18
I've applied to do audiology with my Scottish Highers 6 A's in Bio, Chem, Maths, Religious Moral and Philosophical studies, Spanish and French. Its been 2 weeks since I sent my application off 😬
Ooh hopefully mine should be here this week in that case! I'm too impatient for my own good xD

Omg that's so exciting! I really can't wait to send off my application and get an offer, hopefully! I think my course requires an interview though, eek!

Don't worry! I am sure you'll both get an offer! Good Luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending