The Student Room Group

How many MPG do YOU get out of your car?

Most of us would agree that bigger is better (aside from the ones who've misunderstood what driving a golf means :tongue:) but what sort of MPG are you getting?

Solid 47-48 on my 1.2 petrol punto, down from 50 odd now I'm not just doing constant cruising at 60 along A-Roads and doing more urban driving.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Most of us would agree that bigger is better (aside from the ones who've misunderstood what driving a golf means :tongue:) but what sort of MPG are you getting?

Solid 47-48 on my 1.2 petrol punto, down from 50 odd now I'm not just doing constant cruising at 60 along A-Roads and doing more urban driving.

In my 1.6L Petrol Peugeot 207, I manage about 45 MPG. This is over the last 3,500 miles, which has mostly been on the M40/M25/M11. Not the most economical car, and I'm definitely looking to upgrade when the car gives in. Though I hope that's not for another 50,000 miles :wink:
My Citroen C1 must be close to 60. Its amazing how far one tank seems to go.
Reply 3
I get like 55mpg from my BMW 320D if i drive carefully in eco mode :smile:
I checked my little Hyundai i10 and it says my average is 58.7 mpg.

I think my car is capable of doing better than that, but as a new driver I am not!
I get 38mpg from my 1.2 Grande Punto (Petrol)
Bearing in mind i use a lot of revs!
Im impressed tbh!
Reply 6
i drive a vw polo 6r. on the way to work i get about 35-40 mpg but for normal drives i get 45 -50
Reply 7
I average 45 to the gallon in my fourteen year old Passat, although that's almost all my 20 mile round trip to work on A-roads. I'm not too light on the throttle either. She'll do 55+mpg on a motorway trip with the cruise control set to 70mph though, and that goes up if I bring it down to 60mph. Not bad for a dirty old estate.
14.1MPG when I filled up today. US gallons though, which are a little smaller.
32.9MPG on a 10 year old Mazda 3 1.6, manufacturer spec when new stated 36 as the combined, so not too bad. I also spend a hell of a lot of time in stop start traffic, which compounds things.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm lucky if I see above 25mpg
Reply 11
As much as 56MPG if light-footed on the motorway. As low as 17MPG heavy footed around town. Mercedes C250 with power remap
I've got a 2015 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI (150bhp)

over 13k miles ive averaged just under 40 mpg which is pretty good considering i drive like a maniac and rev high haha
Original post by stirkee
I've got a 2015 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI (150bhp)

over 13k miles ive averaged just under 40 mpg which is pretty good considering i drive like a maniac and rev high haha

Interesting. *What do you reckon you could average if you didn't drive like a maniac? **
Original post by Simonthegreat
Interesting. *What do you reckon you could average if you didn't drive like a maniac? **

haha nah i was exaggerating with the manic bit but I do like to rev high. I think my MPG has been harmed because most mornings I drove down the A1 to work which had roadworks for about two years while I was here (Newcastle). It meant my mpg getting to and from work most days was awful due to the miles of stop start traffic.

Now the A1 is finished and I do more of a smooth 50mph for that distance I get more like mid 45mpg while heading to work. I guess that means my "true" mpg is probably more like low to mid 40s than high 30s which is not bad.

I think if I drove slower and revved lower i'd probably expect high 40s but who knows
Polo 1.4 tdi. Local driving about 25-30mpg, longer drives/motorway 40-60mpg.
40-50.
But I do do a lot of short journeys so that explains why it isn't higher.
I usually get 27mpg or so. I drove 200 miles on the motorway and did 35mpg which I was pretty blown away by.
I get between 29.3-29.6mpg depending on what driving I'm doing!
I did 47 at 120 k on my 328d in eco mode

Quick Reply