The Student Room Group

Students and young people have the most to loose from Brexit?

Scroll to see replies

'Students and young people have the most to gain from Brexit'

Fixed your typo for you.
Original post by Ambitious1999
If you're bored by these posts then why the **** did you bother to comment???

All I can say is that when the economy is screwed and you find yourself on the dole, unable to afford food and shelter, with everyone giving the evils to the people who voted for this mess like yourself then for a moment I will be happy!

I didn't vote for it, I was a pro-remain 17 year old.

Don't extrapolate from incomplete data.
Only comment if you actually have something constructive to say.

Its us students and young people who have the most to loose from leaving the EU. A lot of FE colleges and universities recieve funding from the EU as do some apprenticeships and vocational training courses.

It's not only that, if Brexit causes a massive recession, with the collapse of the pound which is looking ever more likely, then there will be huge job losses too. More austerity and even less funding for education and training. We'll be the ones in the dole queue and be bullied out of our benefits because the country can no longer afford to pay welfare.

What make us most angry is it was largely the xenophobic retired people who voted Brexit, they've had their education, training careers and jobs. And those already set up in their careers who voted Brexit. We're only starting in life and we NEVER even got a say in the bloody referendum because you had to be 18 to vote.

Who else is angered and feels their hopes have been robbed from them by the older generation?

Once again:
Only comment if you actually have something constructive to say.

Yes, Ambitious1999, the outcome of the referendum was an absolute disaster. There will be a lot of oblivious people on this site who will suffer greatly from it for the years to come (not me, I'm from a very wealthy family)

BUT...

You don't have to make posts about Brexit every 5 mins....
Original post by Duncan2012
'Students and young people have the most to gain from Brexit'

Fixed your typo for you.

Britain is a has been. Young people can only gain by moving abroad...
I've stated my point, all I've got back is a load of crap from you Brexiters.

But I will say when the country is screwed, its your lot that will be judged.

"You Brexiters"
"When the country is screwed"

1) Where did I say or imply that I voted for Brexit? I was just trying to advise you to listen for once, it benefits everyone, instead of this remainer circle-jerk attitude you seem fixated on.
2) I have accepted Brexit as the result of the referendum. The country won't be screwed. You are naive if you think this is an all or nothing issue. Please try to consider both sides of the argument if you want to be taken seriously or want to look at this issue objectively.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I didn't vote for it, I was a pro-remain 17 year old.

Don't extrapolate from incomplete data.

It wasnt extrapolated when numerous surveys have shows that most of the youth wanted to remain.
Leaving the EU was a monumentally stupid move driven by racism and xenophobia. There is no way that all or even most of them understood the complex economics behind the EU and fell for the "sovereignty" and "control of our borders" rhetoric.

Whilst there were no certain facts, the available information meant that the most pragmatic decision would have been to stay. The youth, who are the most educated generation around (im talking teenagers and young adults), mostly supported remain. Broadsheet newspapers supported remain but the tabloid rubbish supported brexit. We have taken what is ultimately a regressive and undemocratic decision based on lies.
Original post by dropoutbear
Leaving the EU was a monumentally stupid move driven by racism and xenophobia. There is no way that all or even most of them understood the complex economics behind the EU and fell for the "sovereignty" and "control of our borders" rhetoric.

Whilst there were no certain facts, the available information meant that the most pragmatic decision would have been to stay. The youth, who are the most educated generation around (im talking teenagers and young adults), mostly supported remain. Broadsheet newspapers supported remain but the tabloid rubbish supported brexit. We have taken what is ultimately a regressive and undemocratic decision based on lies.

MMM Rich nourishing remoaner tears. DELISHHH
Original post by #ChaosKass
*sigh* It's nothing but want and greed with students - always expect everyone to cater for them and kick up a fuss when other people get their way.

We voted for Brexit - deal with it. Why should the fate of the country be left solely in the hands of people who have never had a job, don't pay tax, and scrounge off of the government?

You sound almost annoyed by the student mentality. Why are you on a student forum?
It wasnt extrapolated when numerous surveys have shows that most of the youth wanted to remain.

I was saying that as OP tried to ascertain how I voted in the EU referendum based on one scathing remark, so tbh I have no idea what you are saying.

It is quite interesting considering you're now claiming yourself to be highly educated and yet happily missed the point being made entirely.
Yawn Another Brexit supporter.

Don't think anyone on here is pro-EU.

Isn't democracy a biatch? :biggrin:

The telegraph and arguably the times both supported brexit, and neither of those could be claimed to be tabloids. Even as a teenager I find the argument that we're the most educated generation laughable, especially considering teenagers would either still be at school or just starting university, as well as the fact there is a lot more to the world than what we are taught in formal education.
How you can call any decision that comes out of a referendum undemocratic suggests that you don't know what a democracy is, again refuting the point that we are the most educated generation.
Original post by #ChaosKass
*sigh* It's nothing but want and greed with students - always expect everyone to cater for them and kick up a fuss when other people get their way.

We voted for Brexit - deal with it. Why should the fate of the country be left solely in the hands of people who have never had a job, don't pay tax, and scrounge off of the government?

exactly I am loving Brexit I am pulling that much metal in that I am planning to buy a 225G vat of nitric for the silver and have a processor running a quarter pound of gold at a time I am looking to buy either a continental GT or a vantage in the new year
students all act so damned entitled
Okay ... so what is your proposed solution? Do we just ignore the votes of old people? I mean if you're over 60 you've clearly lived all of your life now and should hide away and wait to die without inconveniencing the rest of us, how selfish ... right?
Yawn Another Brexit supporter.

They should just rename TSR as the TAR or The Anti-EU Room. Go on suggest it, you'll have 10 thousand followers by midnight!

Don't think anyone on here is pro-EU.

Why should anyone here be pro-EU? We are leaving, and we are all in it together. Everyone should be putting their support towards David Davis and the government whichever way they voted.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
MMM Rich nourishing remoaner tears. DELISHHH

Drink my salty tears it will only make you more dehydrated.

Stupid brexiter smh
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I was saying that as OP tried to ascertain how I voted in the EU referendum based on one scathing remark, so tbh I have no idea what you are saying.

It is quite interesting considering you're now claiming yourself to be highly educated and yet happily missed the point being made entirely.

Read it again and try again.
Original post by AlexS101
The telegraph and arguably the times both supported brexit, and neither of those could be claimed to be tabloids. Even as a teenager I find the argument that we're the most educated generation laughable, especially considering teenagers would either still be at school or just starting university, as well as the fact there is a lot more to the world than what we are taught in formal education.
How you can call any decision that comes out of a referendum undemocratic suggests that you don't know what a democracy is, again refuting the point that we are the most educated generation.

http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21688591-millennials-are-brainiest-best-educated-generation-ever-yet-their-elders-often

There are plenty of sources that supports what i said.

The decision was undemocratic because there were lies on both sides and we never had a say on the conditions of brexit. We also have an unelected prime minister that is in charge of the conditions. Clearly you're the one who needs to stop being so simple minded and understand what democracy truly is.
http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21688591-millennials-are-brainiest-best-educated-generation-ever-yet-their-elders-often

There are plenty of sources that supports what i said.

The decision was undemocratic because there were lies on both sides and we never had a say on the conditions of brexit. We also have an unelected prime minister that is in charge of the conditions. Clearly you're the one who needs to stop being so simple minded and understand what democracy truly is.

The UK has never had an elected prime minister, and with the candidates that emerge in countries that do directly elect their leader I am grateful for that.
The country as a whole would never agree on the terms on which to leave the EU so unfortunately this is best left to parliament as it allows the uncertainty to be minimised.
There is more to the knowledge needed to make an informed vote than formal education, this is especially the case as education as a mostly public sector industry will always be more left wing than the country as a whole, and also the case as university's get large amounts of funding from the EU and on the whole presented a less than balanced view of the issues and opportunitys around brexit.
Reply 39
Depending what industry you want to go into, Brexit could be a good thing. I do not hold anyone responsible for Brexit but people should know that it's fair gain after article 50 is triggered. You'll see a lot of more people crushing others just to survive, you think competitive business is capitalist right now? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending