The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wasn't very professional of him.

To gain respect, you have to respect.
Reply 2
The Daily Mail, of course, being well known for its extremely respectful approach to Islam.
Why is this news to anyone. Why does Islam get the special treatment from the media
Reply 4
He's black so he's allowed to say this. Nothing will happen to him.
Seems pretty tame to me.

I also don't see what is wrong with mocking a religion.
In 2016, you are no longer allowed to mock and have a laugh. It could offend someone.
He might actually be a Muslim.
Would this be even slightly mentioned if it were any other religion? If he was taking the piss out of Buddhism, or Christianity or Shintoism?

Only other one I can think of, that people would get up in arms about is if he mocked Jewish praticise.. but even then I don't think it would make the news, unless it was really bad.

Complete non-story that is only going to get people angry and spark criticism, (and lots of lovely views..), all based on islam being a trending topic right now.
Reply 9
It's whatever, they're only embarrassing themselves.
Why is daily mail even showing this. This probably happens on a daily basis by a lot of people. Just because this idiot is known that's why they show and report it.
he will never ever win a gold medal.
I'm glad someone has the courage to mock Islam.
All while the doctrine of torture in hell of non-believers is taught to children at a young age across the entire world... What a sadist you have to be, to revere a book or religion that preaches such vulgarity while shedding crocodile tears that someone mocked the belief system.
Someone mocking ISLAM!??! :O :O :O

Good.

Also it's one of those situations that the regressive lefties cannot seem to compute, a minority slandering another group of minorities. They think the big bad cis white male is to blame for everything!? How can this possibly happen?
It's just banter really, people at my school make 'Allah Akbar" jokes all the time and no one gets mad. People need to calm down lol
Original post by Quantex
Seems pretty tame to me.

I also don't see what is wrong with mocking a religion.

Neither does anyone else, as long as the religion is Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism or Scientology. If it's Islam, though, we get the endless screeching outrage and grievance-mongering and hysterical accusations of islamophobia!!!! racism!!! bigotry!!! it's gross!! it's racist!!! it will force Muslims into radicalisation and terrorism even though islamic terrorism officially has Nothing To Do With Islam!
he was horsing around

SWIDT ?
Original post by Achaea
Neither does anyone else, as long as the religion is Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism or Scientology. If it's Islam, though, we get the endless screeching outrage and grievance-mongering and hysterical accusations of islamophobia!!!! racism!!! bigotry!!! it's gross!! it's racist!!! it will force Muslims into radicalisation and terrorism even though islamic terrorism officially has Nothing To Do With Islam!

That last sentence is spot on, it's incredibly stupid shite that virtue signallers constantly come out with.

Mockery will alienate the moderate Muslims and they'll end up being radicalised, but when they blow people up or run them over in their lorries they aren't Muslims. What a load of shite.
To be fair mocking islam is a good thing.Its utterly ridiculous when you see thousands of people all grovelling in the same direction to an imaginary being.Beliefs dont inherently deserve respect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending