The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alkar
Just checked and still nothing...

Ok so what just happened?

The application went live there around 12pm, where I read all the information for the job, such as the person specification document and job description, and as soon as I go to apply for the job, the whole application disappears?

It is no longer there?

Anyone else having this issue!

It's making me nervous!
Reply 61
Original post by Ilir1989
Yeah I too was really looking forward to applying to the NW programme but now that you have to pay your own fees I will stick with my first choice in January. No fee assistance completely defeats the point of the salary for someone like me who doesn't have a massive amount of savings.

I did the calculation and £15,000 per year after tax comes to circa £13k. After fees I would only get £4000 per year! Shocking. I'll honestly be surprised if they get more than a handful of students in this intake.

If the salary wasn't taxable, it would have been okay. Manchester in particular, with rising rent and other costs, how is one supposed to live of £4K a year! I would be suprised if they managed to get enough students enrolled this year.

What is your first choice if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by P.A
If the salary wasn't taxable, it would have been okay. Manchester in particular, with rising rent and other costs, how is one supposed to live of £4K a year! I would be suprised if they managed to get enough students enrolled this year.

Is there a section on the application form that lets you chose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of University?

Ive looked right through the application and I cannot see it?
Reply 63
Original post by Caity-Morag
Is there a section on the application form that lets you chose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of University?

Ive looked right through the application and I cannot see it?

You've got to write it in the supporting information box
Original post by P.A

Sheffield Hallam. Am starting there in January!
Reply 65
is the supporting section the personal statement, and its only 1500 words
Original post by Saf2016
is the supporting section the personal statement, and its only 1500 words

You are right, the supporting section is the personal statement and it is 1500 words. Though i suspect that would be about 2 1/2 pages which seems too much .
I'm aiming for half that.
Reply 67
Exactly what i was thinking, just need to be clear and concise.
Original post by georgetheboss
You are right, the supporting section is the personal statement and it is 1500 words. Though i suspect that would be about 2 1/2 pages which seems too much .
I'm aiming for half that.

Are you guys treating is as a checklist exercise? Like providing evidence for each point on the specification or ??
Original post by jones10
Are you guys treating is as a checklist exercise? Like providing evidence for each point on the specification or ??

The mode of assessment has been listed as

‘A’ Application Form ‘C’ Certificate/document ‘G’ Group Excercise ‘I’ Interview

So i would think you only are only required to tick off as much as you can from the person spec listed as being assessed by Application form. "A".
seeing as the the others will be assessed by Group exercise or interview.

So i would think you only are only required to tick off as much as you can from the person spec listed as being assessed by Application form. "A".

Ahh that makes sense, thank you!

All finished and submitted now 😰🙏

I think it will definetly close early for sure!

Original post by jones10

Original post by Saf2016
Exactly what i was thinking, just need to be clear and concise.

Original post by Chzzaw
You've got to write it in the supporting information box

Original post by Caity-Morag
Is there a section on the application form that lets you chose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of University?Ive looked right through the application and I cannot see it?

Original post by Alkar
How do we apply for the coop loan? Do we have to start the course first or would an acceptance letter be enough?I'm thinking of Liverpool, uclan then Manchester. Does anyone know which placement areas are for each uni?

Original post by ajstudent
well you ended up being a bulls,h,i,t,t,e,r didnt you.funding is the same as last year with an nhs salary.

Hi!

Where is everyone applying? What is your first choice?

I only managed 500 words for the supporting information section - how much has everyone else got? Anyone submitted their application yet?

Has anyone written anything for the 'training courses', just below the qualifications section.

I'm submitting mine tonight hopefully and have got Liverpool as my first choice!

Good luck everyone!
Reply 72
Original post by Macromolecular
Hi!

I only managed 500 words for the supporting information section - how much has everyone else got? Anyone submitted their application yet?

Has anyone written anything for the 'training courses', just below the qualifications section.

I'm submitting mine tonight hopefully and have got Liverpool as my first choice!

Good luck everyone!

Hi

Manchester is my 1st choice, liverpool 2nd. I filled up the training courses section with clinical courses I've done for work. I submitted the day it came out. I think i probably only wrote about 500-600 words. It's best to keep it to the point. Good luck.
Hi!

Good luck everyone!

Hey :smile:

Liverpool is my first choice, I did my first degree there and loved it so would love to go back!

I really struggled getting it to 1500 words I felt like I needed way more! I just kept referring everything back to the values and the checklist.

I'm so worried if accepted how I'll live off £4000 a year - I know I'll make it work but it's going to be tough
Reply 74
Original post by jones10

Liverpool is my first choice, I did my first degree there and loved it so would love to go back!

I really struggled getting it to 1500 words I felt like I needed way more! I just kept referring everything back to the values and the checklist.

I'm so worried if accepted how I'll live off £4000 a year - I know I'll make it work but it's going to be tough

I did my first degree at Liverpool too so i wouldnt mind if i ended up going back
Original post by jones10

What was your first degree? I want Liverpool because of low living costs compared to Manchester!

Same! I feel like even then I am just repeating myself over and over again!

Did you have anything for the training course section?

😄
What was your first degree? I want Liverpool because of low living costs compared to Manchester!

Same! I feel like even then I am just repeating myself over and over again!

Did you have anything for the training course section?

😄

I did a Psychology BSc, what about you? :smile:

No I didn't put anything for the training courses!

Do you think they'll let us know via email if we get to interview??
Original post by Chzzaw
I did my first degree at Liverpool too so i wouldnt mind if i ended up going back

What degree did you do? :smile:)
Reply 78
Original post by jones10
What degree did you do? :smile:)

I did nursing. I've been qualified 8 years. I loved Liverpool but i really like the look of the facilities in Manchester
Original post by Chzzaw
I did nursing. I've been qualified 8 years. I loved Liverpool but i really like the look of the facilities in Manchester

Wow that's amazing! I'm so worried as they seem to prefer established health professionals already, I doubt I'll get a look in with my Psychology degree! We'll see I guess 🙈🙈

Latest

Trending

Trending