The Student Room Group

Dissertation: state aid in banking

Does anyone know a question that I can form around state aid in banking??
No one is going to do your work for you! Think about things that interest you, read around them and work out what's been done/being done in the field and then talk to potential supervisors about what you can do.
Original post by Sarahconnell1990
Does anyone know a question that I can form around state aid in banking??

Don't actually recall anyone asking me to do the question for me. I want to do a dissertation on the area but was struggling to limit it down further, supervisors don't help at my uni, we are given NO guidance 👍🏽
Don't actually recall anyone asking me to do the question for me. I want to do a dissertation on the area but was struggling to limit it down further, supervisors don't help at my uni, we are given NO guidance 👍🏽

Have you tried asking for any guidance once you have a specific topic in mind? As you've posted something fairly general here it looks like you've taken this to someone and they've told you exactly what I have just done. I struggle to believe that you've been told to just sort the whole dissertation out on your own.
Original post by alleycat393
Have you tried asking for any guidance once you have a specific topic in mind? As you've posted something fairly general here it looks like you've taken this to someone and they've told you exactly what I have just done. I struggle to believe that you've been told to just sort the whole dissertation out on your own.

Struggle to believe all you want, I was told to get a question and start it. I asked if I needed to come up with a question and discuss my question with my supervisor and I was told "no, just go ahead". No advice, no guidance, no support. Coming from one of the top 10 law schools in the UK
Struggle to believe all you want, I was told to get a question and start it. I asked if I needed to come up with a question and discuss my question with my supervisor and I was told "no, just go ahead". No advice, no guidance, no support. Coming from one of the top 10 law schools in the UK

Certainly strange and not something I've come across before and I work at a uni. Anyway, that doesn't negate the fact that you haven't come up with a specific question yourself or seem to have done any reading to help yourself. I don't have time to argue with you but can make the following suggestions:
Read around your area of interest and see where the current research efforts are. Identify gaps in the knowledge and come up with a research question. Think about how you can research the question and make a plan for your lit review and dissertation. Find out when you will be assigned a supervisor and arrange to chat with them and then go from there.

Good luck!
Original post by alleycat393
Certainly strange and not something I've come across before and I work at a uni. Anyway, that doesn't negate the fact that you haven't come up with a specific question yourself or seem to have done any reading to help yourself. I don't have time to argue with you but can make the following suggestions:
Read around your area of interest and see where the current research efforts are. Identify gaps in the knowledge and come up with a research question. Think about how you can research the question and make a plan for your lit review and dissertation. Find out when you will be assigned a supervisor and arrange to chat with them and then go from there.

Good luck!

"that doesn't negate the fact that you haven't come up with a specific question yourself or seem to have done any reading to help yourself."

Working on presumptions, I see. I don't seem to recall averring that i hadn't researched or done any reading into the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending