The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
About interview, about my life in general. Just everything seems to exacerbate at night.

Remember that we have your back. Maybe a hot drink and an early night would help?
Original post by bullettheory
Very happy to say that I am now engaged :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :hugs:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Remember that we have your back. Maybe a hot drink and an early night would help?

Thank you all. This like thread/group has made me feel a lot better. Even though you're all strangers I feel like you all care about me. :cry2:
Thank you all. This like thread/group has made me feel a lot better. Even though you're all strangers I feel like you all care about me. :cry2:

I know what you mean! I feel the same way. Of course we all care about you :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: Sharing is not a decision they take lightly though hopefully they'll be able to help you by doing so. I know it feels very "oh ****" but try to keep calm. Have they told you anything about what might happen?

That social services will more than likely investigate with the police. But my memory isn't exactly reliable so maybe it won't come to much of anything

I feel split - part relief and part terror.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! Fab news

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo: :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've only read the past two pages but you all seem like such nice and genuine people that you've all or a smile on my face :bong:
Original post by Allfunbec
I've only read the past two pages but you all seem like such nice and genuine people that you've all or a smile on my face :bong:

Aw :hugs: I can definitely say I share that feeling :h:
Original post by Allfunbec

Everyones lovely here and its a really supportive society :yep:
Even had thebpleasure to meet a few people in real life :eek: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just out of quite a bad random panic attack :cry2: my gran bought me a hand held battery operated fan the other day and it has a button to press and it blows a cool mist of water onto you. It really helped me through the panic tonight.

We get told to stay in the spot during a panic attack and not leave the room, the building or wherever it started and usually I'd run to the window and get some fresh air or run out the flat and go outside but this helped me just lie in bed and shut my eyes and pretend I was outside and that light rain was falling on me. Also helped the burning red face I get when I'm anxious. Sounds silly but little things like a fan can make all the difference during a panic :yep: I must give my gran an extra thanks for the fan now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!!!! :biggrin: all the very best to you and your partner and have fun wedding planning: :love: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just feeling all kinda lost atm.
Lost and empty.

Its my birthday on saturday and i feel like im going through a real quater life crisis right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
Community (can't remember what the P stands for) Nurse (pretty much a mental health nurse; I meet mine weekly or so). I am also on sumatriptan for migraines. :redface: Mental health medication really is trial and error. Some meds you will get side effects, others you won't. So you might be better suited on something else.

P is for Psychiatric. :smile:
My body really hates sleep right now.

Im so tired not only physically but mentally. Im not getting to sleep till 5 or 6am every morning and its not through not trying. My brain just wont let me sleep.
Its now 4.15 am anf my alarms set for 9am i think cos my mums coming round and i need to do some tidying before she gets here, but at this rate ill be so tired i wont want to get up :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
I would have to wait until January to find out if my circumstances were accepted. I have also prided myself on the fact that I've handed in essays before while psychotic/badly struggling and have done well. Feel like I can't justify it this time because I've done well before. I've never handed in a thing late in my life.

I think you should go for the extenuating circumstances.

I know for me, one week I can be in the middle of a psychotic episode and get my essays done no problem. Next month no psychosis but deeply depressed and can't get the motivation to get out of bed let alone open a textbook.

I really wouldn't beat yourself up or compare yourself to past Airmeds.*
Does anyone want to PM? :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
What's a CPN? I'm on sumatriptan for my migraines so my medication options are really limited, considering braving the migraines because I can't really cope on or off mirtazapine. I'm going to phone for an appointment tomorrow, just hope they have a slot available.

I'm on that too. Going to have to ask for them to change me back to the tbalets. Getting fed up of sinus infections.
I'm so anxious and its been about a week of me feeling constantly like i'm about to get up on stage or something and I don't know what to do :cry:
About interview, about my life in general. Just everything seems to exacerbate at night.

That happens to me a lot as well. You've got all the time in the world and nobody else is around to talk to, it drives me mad at times.

I usually like to stick a podcast on my phone and listen to people debate stuff to try and take my mind off things. Also I've been watching these ASMR videos recently. Most of them do nothing but some of them are nice.

Let us know how you got on today.

Latest