The Student Room Group

Can i turn things around?

So i have been at university for three weeks now. Fresher's week was brilliant, i had a great time meeting new people and just having a fresh start. But i am a bit of a lightweight. And when i'm drunk, i have said some nasty things to people and have generally been very rude. I am quite sarcastic aswell and because being sarcastic is part of my personality, i don't think of it twice. I have also passed out a couple of times from mixing my drinks, which i never intended to do and i never pass out from drinking usually. Unfortunately, some of my flatmates had to see me in that state and i feel like they cannot look at me the same way now. They are all lovely people but i want them to see me as they saw me during fresher's week and not be freaked out by me and/or avoid me when i go out and drink.
I have totally learnt my lesson as to not drinking loads and probably eating beforehand, as i didn't do this before.

Can i turn this around? It's only been three weeks and i don't want to be disliked and just be able to drink like everyone else.
Original post by Anonymous
So i have been at university for three weeks now. Fresher's week was brilliant, i had a great time meeting new people and just having a fresh start. But i am a bit of a lightweight. And when i'm drunk, i have said some nasty things to people and have generally been very rude. I am quite sarcastic aswell and because being sarcastic is part of my personality, i don't think of it twice. I have also passed out a couple of times from mixing my drinks, which i never intended to do and i never pass out from drinking usually. Unfortunately, some of my flatmates had to see me in that state and i feel like they cannot look at me the same way now. They are all lovely people but i want them to see me as they saw me during fresher's week and not be freaked out by me and/or avoid me when i go out and drink.
I have totally learnt my lesson as to not drinking loads and probably eating beforehand, as i didn't do this before.

Can i turn this around? It's only been three weeks and i don't want to be disliked and just be able to drink like everyone else.

Who cares about how much you drink and what you do before and after it? I definetely don't.
Reply 2
Original post by Mvine001
Who cares about how much you drink and what you do before and after it? I definetely don't.

And people get fed up for looking after you afterwards? I know i would.
And people get fed up for looking after you afterwards? I know i would.

Is that what happens? Eat and drink at the same time, that way, the effects won't be forcing other people to "look after you". :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Mvine001
Is that what happens? Eat and drink at the same time, that way, the effects won't be forcing other people to "look after you". :tongue:

But i feel like people are ignoring me because i didn't at that time.
Reply 5
Get a hold of yourself, have a round when everyone else has one, start drinking pop when you've had a few. There's no point intoxicating yourself to that level, ever, you should be smart enough to understand that.
But i feel like people are ignoring me because i didn't at that time.

Feelings are usually different from truth. Don't drink the quantities that cause to have these issues, shall I call them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending