The Student Room Group

Pineapple on pizza - yay or nay?

Poll

Pineapple on pizza - yay or nay?

Do you think pineapple belongs on pizza? I think it's great. I love a nice ham and pineapple pizza. Do you think they're a match made in heaven, or the opposite?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're a lizard in human skin if you think Pineapple goes well with anything on Pizza but itself.
I love it. My favourite is Domino's Hawaiian pizza.*
Reply 3
That's what makes Hawaiian pizzas so nice.

Spoiler

As part of a Hawaiian, sure. But it's not like pepperoni which you can throw on any pizza and improve it.
Yay.
On an Hawaiian, yeah, but not on anything else.
Reply 7
Pineapple makes any pizza better
Pineapple on pizza is like having chicken and pasta together - it's just not right
Pineapple and olives.... :yep:

Maybe even some chicken.... :ahee:
Original post by uws
that's what makes hawaiian pizzas so nice.

Spoiler

pa!! Pineapplepen~!
Original post by Reality Check
Pineapple on pizza is like having chicken and pasta together - it's just not right

As a pasta and chicken combo eater, I am horrified
This is one of very few food decisions that I don't agree with my best friend on. Like, literally we get half and half pizzas with otherwise identical toppings (both vegetarians, both have a love for onions and sweetcorn etc.) so there's pineapple on one half.

Which side am I on? The pineapple side, of course.
Original post by minimarshmallow
This is one of very few food decisions that I don't agree with my best friend on. Like, literally we get half and half pizzas with otherwise identical toppings (both vegetarians, both have a love for onions and sweetcorn etc.) so there's pineapple on one half.

Which side am I on? The pineapple side, of course.

You're on the right side!
Reminds me of Chicago Town Chocolate Pizza (£1 in ASDA as of 18/10/16)

Original post by Reality Check

Bad example - chicken and pasta is a normal combination, pineapple on pizza isn't. A better example would be having mango on beans on toast.

Spoiler

Original post by george_c00per
Bad example - chicken and pasta is a normal combination, pineapple on pizza isn't. A better example would be having mango on beans on toast.

Spoiler

I'm going to try mango on beans on toast one day, and when it's good you'll be sorry! :shakecane:

Edit: I regret saying this already I am not going to try this
Original post by george_c00per

Spoiler

No, not a bad example. Chicken in pasta is not a 'normal' combination in that in Italy, it doesn't exist :smile:. It's marginally less bizarre than having a cappuccino at the end of a meal, but only just.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't like pineapple so it's a no from me.
Thought I'm not the biggest fan of pizza anyway :tongue:

Strangely enough I'd much prefer a nice couple slices of ciabatta bread! :drool:
That stuff is heaven! :biggrin:
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Reminds me of Chicago Town Chocolate Pizza (£1 in ASDA as of 18/10/16)

A hot dessert pizza? Interesting... I might have to pick one up!

Quick Reply

Latest