The Student Room Group

Noel Fielding isn't funny. Just throwing it out there.

Desperately name dropping increasingly irrelevant indie bands.

His act is essentially this...

http://thesatedire.com/features/the-one-minute-interview-noel-fielding/
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

lol
Reply 2
he looks funny tho
Reply 3
Original post by Chakede
he looks funny tho

Yes, and not in the way he thinks.
There's no accounting for taste, apparently.
Agree.

Julian Barratt tho :love:
Reply 6
Original post by WoodyMKC
There's no accounting for taste, apparently.

I suppose anything that inspires laughter deserves some respect in these dark times. He makes me die a little inside when I see him on TV though.
Reply 7
He's one of those comedians you'll either love or hate. His humour isn't generic and wont appeal to everyone. Each to their own but I've always been a big fan of him :teehee:
Original post by Spock's Socks
He's one of those comedians you'll either love or hate. His humour isn't generic and wont appeal to everyone. Each to their own but I've always been a big fan of him :teehee:

PRSOM.
Tbh, I find him quite funny on panel shows
Reply 10
Original post by Spock's Socks

Absolutely agree regarding taste, I'm just indulging in a little ranting and mocking.

I disagree your opinion, however, as I think he is utterly generic for that type of humour and appears to be trying too hard at every turn.

None of that matters of course if he makes you laugh.
Reply 11
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Tbh, I find him quite funny on panel shows

Fair enough, you're terribly terribly wrong, but each to their own :biggrin:
Original post by Damien96
Fair enough, you're terribly terribly wrong, but each to their own :biggrin:

I don't find his own shows funny though, so I can get on board there :laugh:
Thanks for your opinion that nobody asked for
Reply 14
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I don't find his own shows funny though, so I can get on board there :laugh:

Hehe, I knew you had some taste!

To be honest i hadn't seen him in a few years but he was on a podcast I listen to. Rather than dressing up as a monkey he started decribing dressign up as a monkey. That was after name dropping The Ramones, not an Indie I grant you, and being "random" in that way 13 year olds used to 10 years ago.

I never found him funny before, now I find him incredibly tiresome and predictable.
Reply 15
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
Thanks for your opinion that nobody asked for

Thanks for your opinion (on my opinion) that no one asked for.

This could go on for some time.
I always feel with comedians, that if you dress weirdly, you have to be really funny. It's like saying "look at me, look at me". All right then, I'm looking. Now make me laugh.

Whereas if they dress more normally they don't have to be funny with every sentence. More time to build up a joke or story.

With Noel, it's like his weirdness is at least equal to his funniness. Need to get that ratio down a bit mate.
He's not as bad as Jack Whitehall though, he is bad.
Reply 18
Original post by chazwomaq
I always feel with comedians, that if you dress weirdly, you have to be really funny. It's like saying "look at me, look at me". All right then, I'm looking. Now make me laugh.

Whereas if they dress more normally they don't have to be funny with every sentence. More time to build up a joke or story.

With Noel, it's like his weirdness is at least equal to his funniness. Need to get that ratio down a bit mate.

That is exactly my position on him, perhaps said a little more concisely than I managed.
Reply 19
Original post by SCIENCE :D
He's not as bad as Jack Whitehall though, he is bad.

Yeah he's thoroughly unlikeable in a James Corden way, just not as vile.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending