1. The Right Hon. Harambe MP
1: Ken Clarke
2: Sarah Wollaston
3: Amber Rudd
4: Chucka Umunna
5: Liz Truss
6: Damian Green

Honourable mentions

Tristram Hunt, Dan Hannan, Liz Kendall, Hilary Benn, Andrew Tyrie, Margaret Hodge, Michael Dugher
Original post by Joel 96
Like the other thread, basically.

1. Nigel Farage
2. Jacob Rees Mogg
3. Daniel Hannan
4. Steven Woolfe
5. Jenny Jones
6. Douglas Carswell

Let's go down the list.

Farage - anti-smoking ban in enclosed public areas, pro-handgun legalisation.

Rees Mogg - who campaigned for the last GE with the promise he would 'save traditional marriage'. Anti-gay marriage/equal rights, anti-human rights laws.

Hannan - I don't know much about him.

Woolfe - convicted drink-driver, but also called for a meritocratic approach to immigration, so I'm divided.

Jones - pro-gay marriage, pro-euthanasia, anti-hereditary peers. I approve.

Carswell - anti gay-marriage/equal rights, pro-selling state forests.

Not perhaps the nicest group of people to have as your favourites.
Reply 5
Original post by Mactotaur
Let's go down the list.

Farage - anti-smoking ban in enclosed public areas, pro-handgun legalisation.

Rees Mogg - who campaigned for the last GE with the promise he would 'save traditional marriage'. Anti-gay marriage/equal rights, anti-human rights laws.

Hannan - I don't know much about him.

Woolfe - convicted drink-driver, but also called for a meritocratic approach to immigration, so I'm divided.

Jones - pro-gay marriage, pro-euthanasia, anti-hereditary peers. I approve.

Carswell - anti gay-marriage/equal rights, pro-selling state forests.

Not perhaps the nicest group of people to have as your favourites.

These are obviously issues we fundamentally disagree on.
Original post by Joel 96
These are obviously issues we fundamentally disagree on.

Quite probably.

JRM irritated me with that campaign, I'm afraid.
Reply 7
Quite probably.

JRM irritated me with that campaign, I'm afraid.

Well yes, that is to be expected if you hold a pro-gay-marriage stance.
Original post by Joel 96
Well yes, that is to be expected if you hold a pro-gay-marriage stance.

I don't believe I've seen anyone on here (or anywhere else, for that matter) give a good reason for why they hold an anti-gay marriage stance.
1. Dennis Skinner. The most in-touch politician.
Reply 10
I don't believe I've seen anyone on here (or anywhere else, for that matter) give a good reason for why they hold an anti-gay marriage stance.

If I were to explain my position, it would take a very long time. If you want to take this to PM, then I'll be happy to discuss this with you.
Original post by Joel 96
If I were to explain my position, it would take a very long time. If you want to take this to PM, then I'll be happy to discuss this with you.

That's fine with me, just send me a message.
1) Boris Johnson
2) David Cameron
3) George Osborne
4) Sajid Javid
5) Jeremy Hunt
6) Philip Hammond

Because he's a catholic conservative?

I think it would be harder to explain why as a Christian somebody would support gay marriage.

(I support gay marriage and I'm an atheist)
(edited 7 years ago)
Err...
Lord Sugar and Baroness Brady count right...
Otherwise none of them
Dennis Skinner, John McDonnell, Caroline Lucas, Alex Salmond (not particularly him personally, but quite like the SNP more generally), Jon Trickett, and I'll say Angela Rayner as the sixth.
Reply 16
That's fine with me, just send me a message.

I'll send you one this evening.
Original post by Trapz99
1) Boris Johnson
2) David Cameron
3) George Osborne
4) Sajid Javid
5) Jeremy Hunt
6) Philip Hammond

Jeremy Hunt??? Seriously???
1. Dennis Skinner (You have to admit a man at his age passionately arguing his case at 84 years old is something to be admired, he is still going to rallies and still takes politics seriously, It has never been about fame or position it's about fighting in the cause he believes).

2. Nicola Sturgeon (A great competent leader which is asking a lot in politics now, again I trust Nicola Sturgeon mostly and the only reason she has negative opinion by anyone is purely because she leads the SNP nothing about her personally).

3. Mhairi Black (A great example on what politics should be about representing society as a whole not just the oligarchy we seem to aspire to be, a young women from a modest background to represent viewpoints from those that aren't just from eton is what is needed for a healthy democracy).

4. Alex Sammond (Another generally competent leader than has helped the SNP become a force in Scotland)

5. Caroline Lucas (I'm not a supporter of the Green party but I support similar views on the world, Caroline Lucas like most of the above politicans show great effort in promoting what they believe in, she was even arrested with others in a fracking protest).

6. Jeremy Corbyn (Poor beleaguered Corbyn isn't perfect but again stands for what he believes in, criticisms of him are everywhere yet nobody mentions that he voted against the iraq war we all hate so much or the protest he did against apartheid or his part of the peace talks with Sinn Fein among many others)
nige
bobo
daniel hannan
jacob rees-mogg
peter bone
douglas carswell
tony benn
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending